iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Maimi Vice (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Maimi Vice
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miami Vice The Complete Series will also be released in the UK, december 12th !

www.fabulousfilms.com/products/388

Different to the Mill Creek set, the UK release uses 25 discs instead of 20.

No details have been announced yet.. so we'll just have to wait and see, i guess.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Miami Vice The Complete Series will also be released in the UK, december 12th !

www.fabulousfilms.com/products/388

Different to the Mill Creek set, the UK release uses 25 discs instead of 20.

No details have been announced yet.. so we'll just have to wait and see, i guess.

Great news! I still haven't seen my Blu MV set yet (no time - LOL), but from all accounts it's a definite improvement over the DVD's.

That being said, if the UK set is 25 Disks as opposed to 20, I wonder if that will mean they're higher quality - since there may be less compression - i.e., less episodes on each disk.

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found out last night, the entire series is now on NBC VOD and the NBC app. I’m starting from the beginning, and will eventually watch each episode!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you have a ways to go Pittsburghgirl. 5 seasons. Enjoy.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Terd!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was great show, but I think it was much more than that for how much of a cultural impact it had.
As well as it being a great detective show with great writing and acting there was the style, the clothes, the cars, the music.

I remember hearing on a documentary for the show that it was the first one to have a clothing budget and spent phenomenal money on designer suits.

Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari Daytona, Lamborghini, Tubbs' 1964 Cadillac Coupe deVille Convertible and many more.

Jan Hammer’s “Miami Vice Theme” was 12 weeks at No. 1, the longest for a T.V. Show Theme.
It helped to give a platform to many bands and even had a $10k budget per episode to licence songs.

A lock shaver called "The Miami Device" which promised to give the user stubble just like Sonny Crockett’s, was released in 1986 and sold for $29.95, (because Don Johnson said he used a lock shaver to get the "5 o'clock" stubble) [Big Grin]

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SonnyBurnett
Rewind Curious
Member # 37460

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SonnyBurnett   Email SonnyBurnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Excellent discussion about Miami Vice. I have been in law enforcement for over 32 years, and I always tell people that one of the most realistic cop shows to ever run on US TV was Miami Vice. They always laugh at the dated clothes and cars, but I remind them that it was the first time American audiences saw real narcotics work--snitches, search warrants, wiretaps, etc. A tremendous show from the incomparable Michael Mann.

I'd love your feed back as L.E. on The Shield (which also had John Diehl). Several friends of mine agree that Miami Vice and The Shield are spot on, as well as being GREAT shows.
Posts: 4 | From: Miami | Registered: Oct 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home