iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Unsolved Mysteries Episode..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Episode..
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people know that I enjoy the movie "Spring Break" and see it as great representation of the 80's Spring Break experience in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. "Spring Break" is just a fun movie.

-

-

But what you might not know about is the "Unsolved Mysteries" episode that featured the disappearance of the girl that was the model for "Spring Break" movie poster above..

-

Her was Tammy Lynn Leppert. Tammy is not credited on imdb.. but she was actually an extra in "The Darlings", she was in the boxing match scene of "Spring Break", and also in the movie "Scarface".

The details of her disappearance are a bit sketchy, but according to her family.. Tammy went to a party after wrapping up the movie "Spring Break" and when she returned, she was never the same. She claimed that she saw something that night that she shouldn't have and she feared for her life. Unfortunately, nobody believed her and she quickly started to lose her mind it seemed. Also, according "Unsolved Mysteries", Tammy broke down during filming of "Scarface" during one of the bloodier scenes because she felt threatened by something or someone according to people in the production.

Here's a quick summary from a forum that looks for missing persons:

Tammy Lynn Leppert - missing from Rockledge, Florida since July 6, 1983

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'4"-5'5" -- Weight: 105-115 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Hazel

Tammy may spell her name Tammi or Tami-Lyn.

Tammy left her family's home in Rockledge, Florida with a male friend at 11:00 am on July 6, 1983. The friend later told authorities that he and Tammy had an argument while driving and he left her standing in a parking lot near a gas station in Cocoa Beach, Florida. Tammy has never been seen again.

I thought it was intriguing that she disappeared without a trace. Very sad, but interesting at the same time.

Has anyone else heard about this?

[ 22. December 2010, 14:53: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary stuff.
You never know what might be hidden behind an innocent 80s beach flick poster.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched the Unsolved Mysteries episode about Tammy on youtube. It sounds like she may have had paranoid schizophrenia, but seems weird that she was never diagnosed with anything when her mom took her to the doctor. Also, can it really be a coincidence that this girl who is paranoid about being killed ultimately goes missing? Seems like she fell into a wrong crowd, maybe saw some things she shouldn't have, and then was killed as a result. I hope someday this case is resolved.......
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veronica .. It did sound like she was having mental health issues, but the fact that she disappeared makes it seem like maybe she was a little more sane that it seemed. She was only 18 at the time and the police thought it was just a runaway case.. so there unfortunately wasn't much investigation in those critical first 48 hours.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it that 'Unsolved Mysteries' with Robert Stack's voice-over used to - and still does - scare me sh!tless?

I think I might've seen this one.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the music is pretty chilling as well!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to love Unsolved Mysteries....really sad.....sad to know it's never been solved either. I'll have to watch this later.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched this and omg I know there is alot there aren't telling us that they do know.....what's creepier then %&*$ to me is mom and the "step" brother....and all their stories??? seriously I watch enough Law and Order to know who's the creeper?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After all these years, I think Muffy The Crime Dog has uncovered a lead. Check into the creepy mom and step brother.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warriorwoman73
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for warriorwoman73   Email warriorwoman73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've actually done a bit of amateur online sleuthing about Tami-Lyn Leppart. I'm not sure what happened, but from what I've read, the disappearance was very possibly staged by Tami herself in order to escape her controlling mother, who was known to tell her daughter to do "whatever it takes" to secure a modeling/acting job. It did sound like her mother was making a living off her daughter's income, as well using Tami's local star influence to attract other prospective child models. One poster had gone to Galaxy Talent (Tami's mother's agency) and remarked that it was a huge scam.
Posts: 22 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Dec 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
After all these years, I think Muffy The Crime Dog has uncovered a lead. Check into the creepy mom and step brother.
You're on fire today!

At this point I could make a joke about rewarding her by 'giving the dog a bone' but I think it would be in poor taste and I'm shocked I even typed this.

quote:
I've actually done a bit of amateur online sleuthing about Tami-Lyn Leppart.
That sounds like a disclaimer which should precede some very flimsy stuff!

The mom did it.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm shocked I even typed this
and yet you did Logan and yet you did!!

(Muffy quickly turned her head in disbelief)

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
and yet you did Logan and yet you did!!

Somebody has to say these things. I have my responsibilities.

I happen to know that the only dog-like thing about Muffy is the response she draws from random passing males in her vicinity:

"WOOF!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbUpGoOjFWw&feature=related

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sucks. I don't know if I even wanna watch Spring Break now after reading that.

Poor girl.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to think that she just disappeared on her own to escape people who she was afraid of, but it's unlikely she would be able to go this long without popping up on the radar, right? She was so young at the time. Hopefully I'm wrong and she is doing fine.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched the unsolved mysteries stuff. Yeah it is very bizarre. Especially strange because there was talk of her going missing or being killed before she went missing. Her Mum also said when she left the house she felt it was the last time she would see her. That last comment seems weird. I hope she is ok too. One thing that really bugs me is missing people. It really does eat at me.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home