iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Coach

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coach
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

As a huge fan of the movie "All The Right Moves" with Tom Cruise and Craig T. Nelson .. it was only fitting that I was quick to latch on to this show in the late 80's.

"Coach" starred Craig T. Nelson as Hayden Fox, head coach of the fictional Division I-A college football team, the Minnesota State University Screaming Eagles. The program also starred Jerry Van Dyke as Luther Van Dam and Bill Fagerbakke as Michael "Dauber" Dybinski who played assistant coaches under Fox. The role of Hayden's girlfriend (and later, wife) Christine Armstrong, a television news anchor, was played by Shelley Fabares. Okay.. the mainly reason I probably watched it was for Kelly played by Clare Carey.. but I am a big sports fan too.

Trivia:

When you saw footage of what was supposed to be a Minnesota State football game on Coach, you were actually seeing footage of a University of Minnesota game.

The exterior shots of Hayden's office, the campus, and the stadium in Minnesota were actually filmed at the University of Iowa. The main Coach character, "Hayden Fox" was a tribute to the famed Iowa coach, "Hayden Fry".

Barry Kemp is the creator of Coach and he also created the series, "Newhart". In the three episode finale of Coach; Hayden Fox found Larry, his brother Darryl, and his other brother Darryl living in his cabin.

Fan?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home