iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Ducktales.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ducktales.
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the 80's best animated shows! i grew up with it since i was 6 when it came out and also saw the movie in theaters when i was 9.
Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite simply the best animated show ever produced for television. Eisner had originally considered making it an hour show, but stuck with the half hour format; it was all for the better in the end. Scrooge has always been my favorite Disney character, and Alan Young brought him wonderfully to life here over 100 episodes, almost all of which display superior writing for the medium (BLIMP GUEST (after bill meant for transplant going flying during panic scene): Waiter, this soup came with a bill! SCROOGE: What did you expect, it would be free?). The stories are imaginative, the rest of the cast alongside Young are terrific and don't get nearly enough credit, and of course, who in Generation Y doesn't still know the theme word for word? Somebody rerun episodes somewhere, please.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved this show....fond memories of coming home after school for the Disney Afternoon lineup that this show was a part of along with TaleSpin, Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck...though in all honesty, Darkwing Duck was my favorite of the bunch.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those were awesome too! I also watched Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and when i was 13 was Gargoyles.
Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the hell out of Duck Tales, TaleSpin, and Rescue Rangers. Those were the days.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
Me too man, i also watched Goof Troop when i was 11, Bonkers when i was 12 and Gargoyles when i was 13.
Falkor
Rewinder
Member # 7874

17 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Falkor   Email Falkor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up on this stuff too. The first VHS that I owned was a DuckTales video. I've spent countless hours watching the intros in different languages on youtube. My favorite is the Swedish version of Gummi Bears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO6vkK4nh6I
Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 17  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Falkor:
I grew up on this stuff too. The first VHS that I owned was a DuckTales video. I've spent countless hours watching the intros in different languages on youtube. My favorite is the Swedish version of Gummi Bears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO6vkK4nh6I

That's great [Big Grin]
I think I personally prefer the japanese version though..I don't know..any theme song just sounds better in japanese to me for some reason..*shrugs*:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RGx7Ecqy8g

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
I've seen various languages of theme song and each one sounds great.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home