iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » The Professionals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Professionals
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you lived in England in th 80s you knew this show well. It was an excellent show and it still is today. Its hard hitting and the characters are quite tough. It ran along the same sort of theme as Starsky and hutch but these guys were super tough ex military (commando/sas) who became part of a crime fighting CI5 unit. They delt mainly in terrorism and arms dealing. There was Bodie, the tough, robust, ladies man, ex boxer type who was a crack shot. Then there was Doyle the curly haired mans man, take no crap type. They were led by Cowley who didnt accept any excuse for messing up an operation. Most episodes were set in and around London and its great to see what it was like back then.
Its still on today on sky in the UK and it hasnt lost its appeal to me at all.
 -

-

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
opening. Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCFVEvZvo3g

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'The Sweeney'... 'The Professionals'... I miss the days when the cops could smash people's faces in before they read them their rights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk5pO06BdSk

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
LOL a telescope with a mouse in it! LOL Grew up watching the young ones from an early age...British humor...nothing like it Logan! I can remember so many parts from the episodes...just great.
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of it, but this show looks great - gotta watch it. Thanks for the tip, Willy!
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of my favourite shows growing up.  -
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Secret and have never heard of it, but it looks like a great show.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh and by the way everyone...Bodie played by lewis Colins is Rick Astlys father...NOW THERE IS SOME INFO!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
Oh and by the way everyone...Bodie played by lewis Colins is Rick Astlys father...NOW THERE IS SOME INFO!

You just blew my mind!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
LOL - My one and only piece of info that ive known that no one else does...damn, ive played my trump card way too early.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home