iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE 40 Year Show this sunday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE 40 Year Show this sunday
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anybody looking forward to this. I for one, am. Should spark a ton of fun memories.

[ 14. February 2015, 06:56: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rolling Stone put out their rankings of all the cast members from 141-1. Some I didn't even know were on the show like Ben Stiller,
Laurie Metcalfe(Jackie from Roseanne),
Anthony Michael Hall, Robert Downey Jr and
Paul Schaffer.
Most overrated on the list is Tina Fey
Most underrated was Norm McDonald and Cheri Oteri.
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/saturday-night-live-all-141-cast-members-ranked-20150211/94-95-the-zimmermans-cheri-oteri-and-chris-kattan-20150211

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

bump
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH and RD Jr. were members of the worst season of all. The 85-86 season was the one that was so bad they joked of it being a dream at the beginning of 86-87. It sucked.
Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

haha. thats hilarious. the guide on my tv says sat. night is an episode from 1975.
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's a clip show it will be good.
Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read over on Tvline.com that tonight they are airing the very first episode of SNL. I am not a huge fan,monkey watched it once in a while through the 90's to now. I seriously think they need to hang it up. It hasn't been funny since the 90's with Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, David Spade, etc. it's so bad it makes me cringe.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I was wondering about that cause it said 1975on my guide. Im gonna check it out. cheeboogy cheeboogy.

Pittsburghgirl. who is monkey

thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I think they could have ended it around the mid 90s. Chris Farley is the only one I like out of, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, David Spade, David Spade wasn't funny on his own he was only brought along by the glory of Farley. His character in Rules Of Engagement was just a sleazy little pervert. He is more on the drippy runt side of unlikable.
Adam Sandler, he had one and a half movies I liked, Happy Gilmore and The Wedding Singer, (that's the half).

The 70's/80s were Saturday Night Lives heyday.

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terd, that was some sort of mistake- darn autocorrect!!! It should say "I only watched it once in a while". Lol
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

HAHAHAHA! Autocorrect can be annoying but that one turned out to be quite funny.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

This was excellent. Even the new skits were great.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I enjoyed it also Devo. The Jeopardy skit is always a winner with Sean Connery. Found it odd that Eddie Murphy didnt do more.
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved SNL in the Sandler/Farley/Spade days. Loved the Church Lady too, and Mr. Robinson's neighborhood. Except for the Roxbury guys, I haven't enjoyed a SNL skit since 1995.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I thought Phil Hartman was funny.
"I GOT CHUNX OF GUYS LIKE YOU IN MY STOOL!"

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bit sad to see Chevy's aged that much, though. Let's hope he isn't closing in on something bad.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home