iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » 2010, a new decade, how does it feel?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2010, a new decade, how does it feel?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel......old, ok ancient. I remember the first day of 1980 like it was yesterday, 30 years ago, ouch! Anyone finding it hard to believe we've come this far? And please don't give me any of this doomsday 2012 talk that everyone and their dog seems to always chime in.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy New Year Rip. I'm entering the new decade with optimism...happily married with a three year old son, employed, and healthy (for the most part...like you, starting to feel a bit older at 36). I've acknowledged long ago that it's impossible to be perfect...I always try to improve on the same things each year (manage money a bit better, more active, eat healthy), but don't beat myself up if I don't accomplish things right away...I keep trying, but don't lose sight of the good things in life.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy New Year fellow Rewinders. With every day that passed, we are getting further from our beloved 80's.

I don't remember the first day of the 80's, I was only 7 years old at the time. For me, it's a greater shock when I consider that it's 20 years since 1990. The B52s "Love Shack" was the first number one song of the 1990's in Australia, and whenever I hear it, it still seems like yesterday that we were all dancing to it.

I remember a few years ago, our local radio station has "Rewinds" where they play old songs.. I was horrified one day when they played a song from the 90's.

This is the first decade I've entered as one half of a couple. I'm hoping that it will be a good year, as 2009 was very difficult. So far 2010 has been great, I've been enjoying work and I'm feeling really happy (I normally have difficulties in January coz it's the anniversary of my nervous breakdown a couple of years back)

What did everyone do for NYE? We just stayed home, I don't really enjoy celebrating NYE (too many memories of boring parties my parents dragged me to as a kid) so we just watched a couple of DVDs and had a bottle of champers.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 YEARS since 1980... Damn... [Frown]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - I'll be the dull one that points out that the new decade doesn't start until Jan 1st 2011.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I remember the first day of 1980 like it was yesterday
Eh? It was yesterday! It's always the dawn of the 80's on this board! It's permanently 1980-1989!

I'm finding it hard to believe that the distance between the first Beatles hit, and Wham! splitting up, is the same as Wham! splitting up and today (give or take a couple of months). Maybe it's age, but it doesn't seem to me the world has moved quite as far between '86 and now, than it did between '62 and '86. Although...living in the past doesn't help!

quote:
OK - I'll be the dull one that points out that the new decade doesn't start until Jan 1st 2011.....
Time is linear? A flying DeLorean? What the?!

-

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home