iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Saturday Weather

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saturday Weather
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody gettin snow today? We are all rain now but they say possibility of some of it changing to snow this evening.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im in New York and so far its rain. They say snow sometime this weekend. i am in SUCH denial, Havent pulled out boots or shovels or anything yet.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have snow since yesterday here and cold and windy was only 27 this morning!! in fact my street was on the weather channel thursday morning suppose to snow all weekend and next week here warmest day will be monday 40 lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep...probably about 3-4 inches. It's stopped now and it's just COLD.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sun is shining but still cold just flurries today and 32 out but they are talking about a snow storm wednesday and thursday good old buffalo winter lol!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got a little bit of snow. I want more! Everyone has their Christmas lights up, and they look so nice when there is snow on the ground and bushes and trees!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Nova Scotia Canada we got our first snowfall of the year yesterday (Dec 6). Didn't amount to much, but a nice layer of white over everything. I always enjoy the first snowfall of the year...very calming and peaceful. Our winters are typically very snow filled, so I've learned to just accept what we get...it's not like a huge surprise every year...it's comin'...guaranteed. Although our winters are typically a bit longer, also bearable considering we've never had tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc...I'll take snow over any of those bad boys/girls!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woke up this morning to snow covered streets...I must not have been the only one surprised because the road crews that normally do a decent job must still be snoozing. It took me over an hour to get to work and it usually takes 15 minutes.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
it was nice here yesterday until about 5;00 when i had to go to the chiropractor on the way there it was snowing and blowing and the roads were black ice traffic was brutal a trip that usually takes us 15 minutes turned into a 45 minute drive people were driving like it was the first time it snowed in buffalo lol!!! bad storm in the south right now and we are suppose to get it wednesday into thursday with heavy blowing snow fun wow!!
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
has anyone gotten the winter storm in their area yet? we have 4 winter storm warnings up from today until friday high wind warning, flood warning, blowing snow warning and damaging winds and power outages possible we are suppose to get a inch of rain today then changing to snow late today and winds are suppose to last until thursday night with rain changing to snow today the roads will be brutal i am sure?everyone take care and be safe!!
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had some flurries last Sunday but it had rained beforehand so nothing "stuck".

Its suppsoed to start snowing Sunday and continue through the beginning of the week. Again - Im not excited about it. PLUS my husband goes on a business trip next week making me The Lone Shoveler.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The storm was to the south and east of us here. How strange that a blizzard would pass by North Dakota. We do have about an inch of snow on the ground and are in a cold snap but it's not a bitter cold. All indications are pointing to us having a much milder winter than last year's near record snowfall.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came home today to one of our giant evergreen trees toppled over in the back yard. It's about 30 feet tall at least. It just barely missed our patio- it landed against our chimnea, but hopefully it didn't damage it; I won't know until my husband gets out the chainsaw and cuts up the tree. The chimnea is covered up for the winter right now. Scary stuff. We are going to have high winds all night- I don't know if I'm going to sleep much tonight! Thank God it didn't hit our roof!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
so sorry about your tree pittsburghgirl!! i know how you feel we lost 2 old maple trees in our yard 3 years ago with the october storm we had here! we planted a new pine tree this year and hubby enclosed it before the storm to protect it still small we have the high winds here gusting up to 60 mph and probably have 3-4 inches of snow right now the winds are goona last thru tonight into friday but the snow is moving south of us late this afternnon where they can get up to 3 feet of snow! alot of power outages here since yesterday and trees down also take care everyone!
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We dont get a lot of snow here, but the wind sure is nippy. I think we are sitting at 12 degrees and the windchill brings it somewhere in the negative. I know a lot of you deal with a lot worse, and I feel for you. Born in Michigan I understand the cold, but I couldnt help but laugh last night when my daughter and I headed to the store and no one, I mean NO ONE was at walmart. We really had the run of the place. But because I didn't have to fight with a ton of other people I ended up getting a whole bunch of stuff I didnt need bcause I had the time to just mosey along at my own pace!

I mean really 6 bags of chocolate chips...come on now!

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
we were on the national news and the weather channel once again this morning what a mess yesterday was a mega bus flipped over injuring 17 people on the thruway and also on the i-190 2 tractor trailers flipped also so far there has been 17 deaths from this big storm terrible!! the snow finally moved to the southern tier last night but we still have the wind advisory until 4;00 a.m. friday this morning only 15 degrees out with a wind chill of -7 brrrr be safe everyone wow 6 bags of chocolate chips should last you a while huh? lol
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

buffalogirl, I'm going to have to call my friend who lives in the Southern Tier and see what the weather has been like there. I won't be going to Erie again until the spring time. They are calling for 2 feet of snow there! Sad news about all of those wrecks b.g. I stay home when it gets icy out. It's not me that can't drive, it's all of the idiots who think they need to go out for their bread and milk and toilet paper. They scare me.
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buffalo-girl, I had these great idea I was going to make holiday candy with the chocolate. But after I got home I remembered I barely have time to sleep anymore, let along make candy. So my daughter and I sat and watched Rudolph last night eating mini morsels of chocolate. It was pretty great.
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home