iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » For Old School Boxing Fans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Old School Boxing Fans
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys...just paying tribute to a home town boy (Art Hafey)who, in the 70's was the number one contender in the world in the featherweight boxing division. A documentary DVD was just released called the "Toy Tiger" which chronicals his struggles in the league, at the time, plauged with controversy and coruption. Art remained the number one contender for some time, however, the league continued to shun him and not give him a shot at the title...even guys that Art had already defeated were given a shot. They later chronicle that he was overlooked because he was too nice of a guy...not colorful enough...didn't party or get in street fights, etc...not enough publicity.

Anyway...this is my small tribute to Art...growing up he was my next door neighbor and we still live in the same community together...he's also my Mom's first cousin. Take a peek at the promo on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96eGMqnlxdk

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home