iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Office

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Office
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody else a huge fan? I got a good deal on Seasons 1-5 at a local mom and pops store. I need to catch the BBC series as well sometime.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have started to show the BBC series on Adult Swim, I think itis. I watched part of an episode on ONdemand, but didn't finish it; it was late night and I was tired.
I quit watching the U.S. version last year. I used to think it was funny, especially when Jim and Pam would do stuff to Dwight to **** him off. But now it seems like it's all about Steve Carrell and it's not even funny anymore. I did watch the Jim and Pam wedding episode though. But I don't think I'll go back to it, unless they have a series finale this year.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have seen a couple of episodes and though i found it to be pretty funny, i can't get interested in it.
i saw a commercial last night while watching adult swim that the office was going to be on there as well.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first 4 seasons were great, but then it took a nosedive last season. The writing is so lackluster now and I hated the way they betrayed some of the lead characters. Jim became a snob, Dwight became a backstabber, Michael went from believably dumb to not-so-believably-dumb...even smaller characters like Angela were not spared. I mean Angela licking cats? That's funny???
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBC series is way better than the US one. That's all I have to say.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the show when it first started, mainly the first 2 seasons. Any episode with Packer in it I thought was great due to his very un-clean humor. But the main reason I still watch it is because I grew up very near to the city that the show is supposed to take place in, I still live fairly close. When their showing the intro to the US version of the show its cool to me because I travel those roads even today. Even though they dont film it here, its pretty cool to see your area on T.V.
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P a u l:
BBC series is way better than the US one. That's all I have to say.....

I might have argued that point with you during the first 4 seasons, but not now. The U.K. version has the destinction of not crashing and burning, so I have to give it the edge now (and Gervais is definitely the better boss).
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say I still really enjoy it. [Smile] It got a little off-sourse last year, but we have been finding ourselves laughing at it much more this year. One thing I truly love seeing is people having a great time without feeling silly or being embarrassed. I thought the wedding episode was so cool because if you watch the original "Chris Brown - Forever wedding day dance down the aisle" on youtube and then watch the Office episode, they just pull it off so well.

It is completely believeable when Michael is starting to dance and says something to Pam like "Did you see this on You Tube?" He has such a huge grin on his face, completely oblivious to the fact that most would think imitating something so in the zeitgeist is predictable would be considered uncool and the rest of the gang is right there with him just having the best time. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
I actually thought that was one of the low points of this season. That, and the whole office vomiting during the opener.
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man Journey I absolutely loved, but I'm a big sap like that too. I forgot about the opening though and yeah, I didn't like that either. I ended up vomiting in my garbage can too! [Wink] ...alright maybe not so much, but still!
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually have nothing bad to say about The Office at all...except Andy. I do like that Dwight has some competition in every way, but Andy just gets on my nerves. It's like his lines should be the deleted scenes.
Last season was not the funniest season, but it's like pizza...it may be cardboard with rubber cheese...but it's still pizza, my friend, it's still pizza. And I liked the wedding episode too. Vomitting didn't bother me. Jim is no more snobbier than he ever has been. (:

Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with you on Andy theres always a person like him at work. The type that more than annoys you, that you just wish would get the sack and get wiped off the face of the earth [Big Grin]
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Man that wedding episode was awesome.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the whole office was vomiting, Creed was sitting there eating spagetti with marinera sauce completely oblivious to the fact that everyone else was vomiting. I thought that was great!!!
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by P a u l:
BBC series is way better than the US one. That's all I have to say..... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">I might have argued that point with you during the first 4 seasons, but not now. The U.K. version has the destinction of not crashing and burning, so I have to give it the edge now (and Gervais is definitely the better boss).

Being English, obviously I am gonna like the UK version better, but I was quite surprised by how much I did like the Americal version. Gervais has got it right by quitting while he's ahead, got it perfect with this and also with Extras. No good 'flogging a dead horse'.
Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home