iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » I just found someone who has "Do Over" on youtube

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just found someone who has "Do Over" on youtube
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you all seen this awesome show from 2002??

I remember loving it and it got the boot......so sad......A guy at 34 goes back to being 14 and stuck in the 80's.....good little jem if you wanna watch and comment [Smile]

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rodrigoopr&view=videos&start=40

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching it and it's so great!!!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, but I'm consistently bothered by the same thing that bothered me first time around: they can't get the time right!

We're told it's '82... then we hear Madness playing on a radio (mid '83) then we hear Wham! With their 'new' single 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go' on the radio (late '84), then he sees the girl of his dreams and we hear 'You Spin Me Round' by Dead or Alive (mid '85) then they announce they're going to see the newly released 'Empire Strikes Back' (mid '80)... when are we?! Help me out here! I have NO IDEA what year it is! It has to be late '84 because 'Wake Me Up' is new, but since 'Empire Strikes Back' is also new, it has to be '80! BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!

The continuity editor should be shot! It really really isn't hard to set something in a time zone and get everything more or less right - not hard at all! But for some reason shows like this seem to think the music/events of the 80's all took place at the same time! The whole point of time is to stop things all happening at once - these shows seem to forget that!

'Freaks and Geeks' did it quite well. But most shows get it wrong.

I do like the show, but I keep being yanked out of the story by the glaring inconsistencies throughout.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am soooooooooooooooo going to watch this.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am soooooooooooooooo going to watch this.
While you're on there, someone's posted the entire run of Grange Hill episodes from '78 to '89. I warn you... it's very addictive!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha...with Claire and Stew Pot???
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
And Zammo, Banksie, Jackie, Ziggy, Gonch, etc! I keep seeing stuff that sends me back in time! It's a nostalgia overload!

Stewpot was nasty to Claire!

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Haha that was my sisters era...mine was Justine, Tegs, Chrissie etc....although I do remember watching it with Roland and Zammo....oh and Ziggy.
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I know what you mean Logan! but for some reason I can look past it. He's 34 now and he plays the songs in his head cause "he" already knew them lol

But honestly the parts were cast perfectly......the sweet inventive mom......the bully stoner sister, the best friend. All the 80's memories. I liked it then and am enjoying watching it now.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Haha that was my sisters era...mine was Justine, Tegs, Chrissie etc
That was my era too! Although Gonch and Ziggy, etc, were characters that bridged the two time periods. I remember the Zammo and Banksie stuff because that was around the 'Just Say No' period, but I didn't really 'grow up' with them. I had a thing for Justine back in the day!

quote:
I know what you mean Logan! but for some reason I can look past it. He's 34 now and he plays the songs in his head cause "he" already knew them lol
You kind of get that from 'Spin Me Round' playing when he sees the girl he likes and things like that. But when the characters refer to things in real time - like going to see Empire, or the radio DJ announcing the 'new one' from Wham! - it all completely contradicts the time period. To me it's as glaring as them saying they're going to see the new movie 'Saturday Night Fever' while listening to a 'New Kids on the Block' CD. It doesn't make sense!

Having said that, I don't want to knock it too much, it is a really fun show and I enjoyed it first time around too (for the short period it lasted!) But whenever things are set in the past, it really bothers me that they don't get it right!

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I get ya and I agree [Smile]
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I found this on dvd. Waiting to see if it;s the "full" series 15 episodes.

Muffy, do they have all 15 on youtube?

- jdoc

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
they do Jdoc........where did you find a dvd copy? cool site? like those ones you had before? [Smile]
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every episode on two DVDs for $10.00. The quality is supposed to be "very good".

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Do-Over-27614676

He also has "The 80s Show" $10.00, and other stuff... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaglebauer valley
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8308

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eaglebauer valley   Email eaglebauer valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agree with Logan5 that Freaks and Geeks is better for continuity

Freaks and geeks, to me, seems miles better than do over - although the idea of do over is pretty good...any tv show with a devo poster has to be

muffy your explanation for songs from the wrong years playing was pretty fantastic "he already knew them" there's probably some paradox about the size of his brain and memory retention being better or worse when you're young vs mid 30s as well...

but anwyay who knows when and where the next great 80s tv series (that happens to be not made in the 80s) will be coming from...if another one will show up at all...here's hoping

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home