iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Predator remake (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Predator remake
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert Rodriguez (reliable director for the most part) has pencilled in a Summer 2010 release date for his 'Predator' reboot: 'Predators'.

That makes three 80s classics (Robocop & Highlander) being remade. Some say its a complete renewal, others claim its still in the original universe.

Rodriguez wrote most of this around 1993-94 and was orginally hoping Arnie would reprise his iconic role as Dutch. All that's changed now for obvious reasons, but as it stands the story's still the same: Dutch (or now some other character) is taken to a Predator run prison camp (on Earth or on the Predator home planet no one knows) where creatures from all over the universe are pitted in battle. People are bought there in honour of having survived Predator hunts on their home worlds; the script featured humans in Predator costume as depicted in a few spin off novels, games and comics. Our hero also encounters their hierachy and makes friends with the alien.

So, what do you say?

-
**&^! **%!!

Everyones a critic.

[ 25. April 2009, 15:33: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! I love Robert Rodriguez movies, I hope he does it well.

Speaking of Robert Rodriquez, I watched The Faculty last night, geez that's a good film!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm.....I love Predator......but....just doesn't seem old enough to jusify a remake yet. Obviously the focus will be on razzle dazzle special effects......not sure about this one.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope he dies and I will personally **** on his grave! STOP WITH THE ****ING REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Obviously the focus will be on razzle dazzle special effects.....

I can care less if remakes are made, but even with all the razzle dazzle, they can never make another Predator that will even come close to the original.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Jay
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
I hope he dies and I will personally **** on his grave! STOP WITH THE ****ING REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!

Don't sit on the fence Jay, tell us what you really think [Smile]
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are people calling this a remake? Sounds more like a sequel to me...

Pedantic Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RR said it was a "Reinvention" or "Reimagening" of the original Predator, that he wrote in the early 90's. If it is just another lame sequel, then whatever....!

Im so sick of remakes, reboots, reimagenings, spin offs or those Johnny come lately sequels, like indy 4, rambo 4, Die Hard 4 etc.

But what I hate the most is the people who goes to see these movies! You are enabeling HLWD, and telling them that it is ok to not come up with new stuff, and just keep beating the same dead horse over and over and over again! And why shouldn't they.... when a million douchebags just keeps forking over the cash for uninspired trash time after time!

The 2000's has been the saddest chapter in movie history, thus far... it is really depressing! I love movies, and have a big collection, but I just counted how many movies I had from the year 2000 and up.... 53!!!!! for a whole decade!!!! That's not even a fraction of what I have from the 70's, the 80's or even the 90's!

I also counted how many movies from those decades had been remade in the 2000's.... after 30 I just stopped counting, it was too depressing! If I had counted my Asian movies, also remade in HLWD, I would probably just have shot myself in the head!

I really wish that people would be more discerning, and not just eat up, anything that HLWD dishes out! there are very few people left in the mainstream movie game, with any artistic vision! But as long as they make the green without even really trying, why should they bother?

RANT OVER... JAY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ what he said [Cool]
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, I am getting tired of all the remakes.
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MORE REMAKES!!!

Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Robert Rodriguez, the director, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d1ckless, hopeless, heartless, fat-@ss, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh1t he is. Hallelujah. Holy sh1t. Where's the Tylenol?

heheee... [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
MORE REMAKES!!!

Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Robert Rodriguez, the director, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d1ckless, hopeless, heartless, fat-@ss, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh1t he is. Hallelujah. Holy sh1t. Where's the Tylenol?

heheee... [Wink]

-
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go see it before damning it and passing judgment. Rodriguez is one of my fave directors.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't Predtor 1 or 2, so why should I care if the make a remake? I, too, would watch this one before passing any kind of judgment.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also saw the commercials for the star trek movie and another terminator movie last night although i don't think the terminator will be as good without arnold!! lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on one hand i agree with jaylee.. the remakes and sequels are so out of hand. they remake anything these days.
but on the other hand, i do go see the movies.. out of curiosity. if they are bad, i try not to let it tarnish my feelings on the originals or anything i love as original.

so did you guys hear? CLUELESS is getting a sequel which alicia silverstone has agreed to star in AND i heard DROP DEAD FRED is getting the remake treatment with RUSSELL BRAND.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh--Clueless? Drop Dead Fred? Neither one of those were favorite movies for me. What's next? A remake/sequel/prequel to the Hunt for Red October, which was the worst movie ever made????
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
MORE REMAKES!!!

heheee... [Wink]

OK, that was the line from Christmas Vacation in case you didn't get it...

I guess I would watch the remake. It can't be any worse than part 2... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't even remember part 2.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep passin up part 2 in the $5 bin at Walmart...should I continue to leave it there?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Part 2 was pretty bad... Danny Glover was miscast in this role. The whole "feel" of the movie was off IMHO...

I would skip it and go for...

- Alien vs predator
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/

- Alien vs predator requiem
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/

- jdocster [Wink]

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Thanks jdoc....
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Predator 2 is great!
I can´t believe u guys don´t like it??!!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Hmmmmm....so maybe the $5 is worth the risk....sittin' on the fence now.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home