iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » omg you never know what you will find?????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: omg you never know what you will find?????
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone i thought i would share this with everyone especially if you buy subs from wegman's!! we stopped and picked up a shaved steak sub last night and i noticed the guy making it was new there so when we got home i checked the sub to see if he put mayo on it which he didn;t but that is not the worst of it!! i opened up part of the sub and saw something shiny in the lettuce i couldn't believe it so i took it out it was a nail in my sub!!!! i then took it into the living room to show bill i was still in shock the next thing bill says is i wish you didn;'t take it out of the sub we could have taken the whole thing back to the manager there? i said i am sorry but i was just shocked to find this in there i had to make sure it was a nail i was looking at?? so bill is taking the nail and part of the sub back to wegman's after work today we are not sue happy people but they have to know about this! good thing i didn't bite into the sub. we have gotten subs from wegman's for a while now but not anymore after this too scary for me lol!! wegman's was just voted number 1 in grocery stores last week too !! dee [Eek!] [Confused]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my god dee, that's terrible! I'm so glad you didn't bite into it, that would have been awful!

Just to clarify, was it a fingernail or a nail as in hammer and nail?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewww!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's scary.

Definately take it back to them, they should be mortified.

You could have broken your tooth, or cut your mouth or choked.

Your lucky you checked it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah, that's freaky. Makes me shudder sometimes when I hear of what goes on in the kitchens of eating establishments we don't know about. No wonder I seem to stick to home cooking these days.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just figured out that this wasn't the best thread to read while I'm eating lunch.

Glad you caught it before you took a bite!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just figured out that this wasn't the best thread to read while I'm eating lunch.

Glad you caught it before you took a bite!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, close call; you should complain, go after them tooth & nail...
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about a high-iron diet!

Lucky catch... [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kash-that's a good one.

I was telling my friend about this today-when we had lunch together, and she told me she found a piece of glass in a frozen bag of Gnocchi. She contacted them and they said they weren't responsible for things like that.

Did you guys ever hear the Urban Legend about the Rat in the Bottle of Coke?

[ 17. April 2009, 12:42: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, not necessarily an urban legend. No lie, my great aunt found a dead mouse in a bottle of Pepsi once. It was back when people did those returnable bottles. Now that I think back on it, I sure hope they sanitized those bottles well....
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy must have been eating at the same restaurant:

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine was drinking a bottled Starbucks coffee only to reach the bottom and find a tissue. He got the flu like 2 days later. I've refused to drink bottled Starbuck's ever since then.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had staples in my food from when they rip open the bag but never anything like that. Absolutely awful!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just to clarify it was a nail like the picture above but not as long!! bill did take it back to wegman's yesterday and talked to the manager he was very good about it as of course he was scared we were gonna sue them which we are not!! we just told him that they should correct the problem immediately so noone else gets hurt or finds anything like this again we had to fill out a safety form and it was sent to rochester with all our info of course the manager gave bill the money for the sub and offered another free one which bill declined but thanked him and said we will be back for a sub but not for a while now . i think the manager was releived that we were so good about it hopefully this won't ever happen again to anyone but who knows? i see we are not the only ones that have gone thru this just goes to show you have to check everything before you eat it now !!! scary stuff! and i also watched on the news today about domino's pizza where the people making the pizza were spitting on them and stuff that is just nasty!! i don't like domino's good thing lol dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't eat out, simple as that! I either eat my own cooking, or at my parents, if im visiting, that is it!

Im a bit of a germophobe!

And these stories just confirms my fears!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home