iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Cutting class

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cutting class
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone do it? Often? Did you get caught?

Over here it was and still is called "wagging", I don't know why.

I wagged one class in the whole of high school. It was in year 12 (senior year), and I wagged my Physics class so I could enjoy the sunny afternoon with my friends. Unfortunatly for me, the class was moved to another room - which gave them all a grand view of me, sitting outside in the sun with my mates!

My teacher spoke to me the next day and asked if I was having problems, he was really good about it because I'd had perfect attendance before then. He was worried that I wasn't coping and had wagged to avoid the stress of the class. He was absolulely correct.

My high school last weekend had it's 100th birthday (as well as my 20th reunion), and an old friend told me about one time she wagged with a friend so they could go down the street and get some fish n chips. Some guy came up to them and started groping himself in front of them, so they ran back to school - just in time to hear an annoucement that a patient from a nearby mental hospital had escaped. So, they 'fessed up, the guy was caught and because their info had helped catch him, they went unpunished. But they never wagged again!

I also remember one time in year 8, I was sitting the back row with a few of the other guys, when we decided that while the teacher had her back turned, we would quietly sneak out the door. There was only about 10 minutes left of class, and we were doing "Of mice and men" so we weren't missing much! I never got in any trouble over it, but I'm sure the teacher must have noticed that there were suddenly 6 empty seats in the back of the room!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
Did anyone do it? Often? Did you get caught?

Yes, yes and yes. I regret now that I wasted so much of my brain and talents during high school by goofing around and cutting class. Sure it was fun then, but I'll be paying for it the rest of my life financially.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only class I wagged was on the days when P.E was gymnastics. I found it mortifying running around in green knickers at the age of 12/13. Oh I feel bad just thinking about it now [Embarrassed]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was 1 time I skipped school.

There was an actual Senior Skip Day at our school, and my best friend asked me to do it, she had a boyfriend who was out of school, and they wanted me to skip with my friend Brad, and us all go hang at the Mall and then go rent movies, and eat out at Ponderosa.

I asked my mom if I could do it, and she said yes. I knew the school was going to be calling, and asking her if I was really sick, and she was suppose to say yes, but the truant officer told her if she told the truth and said I was out "skipping" on purpose, then I wouldn't get in trouble, but if she lied, I would get detention. Well, she told the truth...and they gave me detention- the school and raised all kinds of heck over it, until they "released" me.

She said she was coerced in to ratting me out.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The three last years of HS, I was practically never there.... out doing bad sh*t... [Smile] but hell, I graduated with decent grades! Still, looking back... I was probably lucky that I wasn't kicked out! I even robbed the school xmas flea market! And still I wasn't kicked out! Had to drive out to the teacher in charge, and deliver all the stuff back... not the most fun!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cut class my fair share. My parents didn't care because I had good grades. We often went to Cedar Point or Michigan Adentures. Or sometimes just the basement of my house and watched movies all day.

I always "had a note" from my mom though. The one time she actually wrote me a note for being gone from school, the school called and reported me for forgery!

My senior year I skipped a good two days a week. My sister was going through her first bought of thyroid issues and I would go home to hang out with her and take care of her. It was overlooked though thankfully and I was still allowed to graduate.

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EJ Loves Takashi-Did you have fun at Cedarpoint?

I have never been there...we are going there for 3 nights in June- and taking my son for his 16th Birthday, I can't wait, it will be fun, but I just can't handle the Extreme Rollercoasters any more.

My friends have been there, and so was my brother- and they said there's a ride there, that when you get off it- you can't feel your legs, and you have to walk out on your hands and knees.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS,
I have always loved Cedar Point. We were only a few hours from it when I was younger. There is a lot to do there, so even if you do not ride the roller coasters you will still have fun. Expect very long lines for some of the more popular rides like the Top Thrill Dragster. I waited 3 hours to ride it, and that was a short wait.

I do recomend you stay away from the Mean Streak. I have ridden tons of roller coasters and this is the only one I have left with back and neck pain so severe, I cut my day short.

Are you going to the park for three days? Or just to Sandusky for three days? Because if you are going to the park for just one day, it may be a good idea to pick out one of the bigger, more popular rides to go to first, as soon as the gates open at the park. That way you are not stuck waiting for a ride you just have to ride, for 5 hours and wasting half the day. Especially in June. It will be packed.

You will have tons of fun though!

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I skipped class minimally in high school...a smaller school, so it was really easy for them to keep track...if you were absent...they called your mommy. Skipped way too much in University where they didn't really keep close tabs at all...as long as you could pass your exams, they didn't care if you were there at all.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my father's signature down to absolute perfection! It would have held up in a court of law!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now & then, P.E. certainly I agree with There'll be no morning for us, its just cruel & unusual to be made to do cross country at 9:00 a.m in winter. Sports were good fun in the summertime, but forget about it from September-May.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
EJ Loves Takashi-We are going to go there at least 2 days, maybe 3. We are going to stay at The Hotel Breakers. I am hoping that since we are going the beginning of June, and during the week, that some kids won't be out of school yet, and during the week won't be so bad, and I want to get the early admittance passes that you get when staying at that hotel.

That sounds like a crazy waiting time. Thanks for the tip on the Mean Streak, I was just telling my son about what you said.

I know when we went to Six Flags in Ohio, before they closed- I rode the X-Flight, and I thought I'd die.

I actually do not like Disney World- I think it is totally over rated, and there aren't alot of rides there, and after riding something once, there wasn't many things I wanted to keep going on over and over. I remember when we went to Space Mountain and rode that-I thought it was going to rip my head off. It really hurt my neck and shoulders.

The worst ride I ever rode, was The Shockwave in Kings Dominion- in Virginia. It is a stand-up roller coaster, and it knocks your head all over the place.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't everyone skip school at least once? I skipped a few choice times... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I rarely did until college. Now as a teacher I let kids cut on the pointless days, but I don't condone it.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a teacher, Devo, do you give in to the urge to skip class every once in a while?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did here and there in high school but it was sort of hard to as my aunt was an English teacher at the high school. Now college was a different story. I went to an Anthropology class a grand total of three times during the entire semester (first day, mid term exam, and final exam) and still made an A. The class was about 75% athletes so it's not like the professor was going to make it difficult on anyone plus he got paid regardless. I had a Statistics class my junior year. The professor announced a pop quiz on the Friday before Spring Break began. Half the class skipped (myself not included), the professor got pizzed, and counted the pop quiz as a major test.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the few times I actually skipped in high school, my buddy had his car and three or four of us went crusin on a nice summer day, listening to The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker"....and my buddy drove his parent's car right into a big ditch...trying to do a U Turn....Karma? I remember thinking to myself..."there is no way in H*LL that we are going to get away with this".
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bunked off many many times at school and was lucky enough not to get caught. In college I was not so lucky and was nearly thrown out. [Frown]
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home