iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » I really need cheering up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I really need cheering up
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`m not a big people person,and i don`t have a lot of friends because of that.Lately things are certainly not going my way..I just need to be cheered up a bit from medical issues,car breakdowns,lousy economy etc..I just spent an hour listening to This and felt a bit better [Roll Eyes] But I`m sure some of you guys have some better ideas/links to get me up and running again.Any links/stories/advices are really appreciated,as i am feeling pretty miserable right now..

Thanks.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheer up my man. You have plenty of friends here! We all go through bouts of feeling like crap....I know it sucks, but you'll pull through.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey turn that frown upside down [Smile] what always cheers me up is some good 80s movies or cartoons and ice cream ( ice cream fixes everything or brownie ) so ihope you feel better and you always have a friend in me [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi bandit hope you are feeling better soon? i felt like that friday and i started listening to my fave 80's music and had some chocolate it helped alot i also had a long talk with bill he always cheers me up (hubby) just remember we are all here for you when you need us take care and have a good day!! [Smile] [Wink] [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bandit...I am sorry to hear your on a bit of a bummer, you can write me any time you want to talk. We are friends.

Friday night I was on a bummer myself, about people in General...I have a few friends that kind of let me down at times, and I wonder what to even do about it...my husband will say ...are you done being used yet....and that doesn't make me feel better thinking someone is my friend ...and used me...

I had run in to a bunch of rude people in stores-all day on Friday...when I was talking to people about our Egg Hunt...and it was depressing me that people were so crabby...but in a matter of 1 day- everything turned around...several of my other friends called me, and they were in a great mood, and that made me feel better, and a couple people called me and gave me HUGE donations towards the egg hunt. I got a $500 donation today. So, things can change in a span of 5 minutes.

Go get a massage. I can't believe how relaxing they are, and I went all my life without ever having a facial, and it was so fun...I loved it. Sometimes doing something out of the ordinary for yourself, can really perk you up.

I love watching the movie "It Could Happen to You", because I love Bridget Fonda's character in that movie...that's the way I think people should be living. She was so upbeat and happy, and had been through all kinds of bad relationships and bankruptcy and still had a good attitude.

I know this cruddy weather is driving me crazy. It was cold here today, and I wanted to go for a walk- but I got a blister on the heel of my foot yesterday- wearing new shoes to a tea party, and my foot hurt too bad to walk- but it was freezing out anyway... the weather is awful right now, and people get crabby with the lack of sunlight and sunshine...so hang in there, there's always tomorrow.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a song for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziW1JEntBEM

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bandit....I see we both live in Hill Valley [Smile] .... you can chat to any of us on here and get anything you want off your chest...or better still we could go and get a chocolate milk at Lous' before going to the enchantment under the sea dance???? XXXX
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ps.....this song always cheers me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EyzValW9TI

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.You guys are great [Smile] Earth Angel: that might just do the trick.Presuming you are a girl that is [Wink] I`ll get starting on that flux capacitor right away.

Thanks guys.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bandit, sorry to hear about being down. Hope you cheer up soon, we all have our bad times. These winter months can make anyone feel crappy including myself right now.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bandit, Earth Angel is definitely a girl and quite the cool person as well.

We all go through rough patches on this journey, some more than others, but everybody needs friends and there are incredible people on here that you can always count on.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smile damn it!!!!

-

Hope it helped... ;D

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
JDoc-were you the one that posted that picture of the cat and the kids in the raft? That was the most hysterical picture I have ever seen in my life, and I bust out laughing every time I looked at that. You must love crazy cat photos.
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
I am a girl [Smile] ...thanks for the verification and the bonus compliment Mr Valley Cat. Meet you in the hall Bandit....watch out for Biff!!! [Eek!]
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
Thanks again everyone.I feel better already.I`m still struggling to get my crappy Mazda working again.To hit 88 miles per hour however,might be a serious problem Earth Angel.But if it ever do happens,i`ll remember to bring along jdocster cat to take care of Biff [Wink]

Take care guys.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Bandit!!!

You HAVE to laugh at this one!!!!

-

heheeeeee...... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's my Favorite picture ever!
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy Hagar - Winner Takes It All
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pop in the funniest films you own; maybe that'll do the trick. THat is, of course, what comedy is supposed to do; lift you up when you're down. And don't worry; I've been down in the pits myself many a time, and like the economy, it always corrects itself in time if given a chance.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
bandit,

-

-

It could be worse!!!

-

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear you're feeling down bandit. Life is kinda like a roller coaster...with ups and downs....be certain that there will be more ups....and...experiencing the downs....well, I guess that confirms that you're... human. Hang in there dude. I wish upon you health and happiness....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh....forgot to mention....as I am a Counsellor....one healthy thing you've already done.....expressed your feelings.....very important step brother.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home