iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you watching now? (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: What are you watching now?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New shows that I am watching and really digging are on HBO. Watched Billions with Paul Giamatti, it's a really great series. Also caught vinyl last night, directed by Martin Scorcese, a look at the 70's rock scene in New York.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch Billions too. I only have Showtime, I cancelled my HBO awhile back. Hopefully Netflix will get Vinyl.
Better Call Saul season 2 starts tonight.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still watching old X-Files episodes.

Most recent:

"Miracle Man" (S1E18)

The agents investigate a ministry led by a man whose son possesses the power to heal, and to kill, with a touch of his hand.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've started The Red Road tv series (originally on Sundance, now on Netflix) recommended to me by Dexter Motley Morgan. It is pretty good so far. I have watched 2 1/2 episodes. It's the Lenape Nation vs. the white people in a town in New Jersey. Stars Jason Mamoa from Game of Thrones. His wife Lisa Bonet has a small part in it too, as a lawyer for the Lenape Nation.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I've been watching House of Cards on Netflix, in between all of the other network and cable shows we watch. I am on season 3 right now. I've heard season 3 is kind of slow. But I think it's still good so far. I finished The Red Road a few weeks ago. It's a shame it didn't get a season 3 to tie up loose ends. I also started the comedy The Ranch, just watched the first episode last night. It stars Ashton Kutcher as a washed up football player who returns to work on his Father's ranch (Sam Elliot). It also stars Debra Winger as the Mother and Danny Masterson as his brother. My friend has watched a few more episodes and said it is really funny.
Some other tv shows we are watching include Better Call Saul, Bates Motel, Outsiders, The Americans, Vikings, Blue Bloods, The Walking Dead (which I am getting bored with). I also watch Billions and Shameless on Showtime. I am not really liking the writing on Shameless so much anymore. It just seems lazy.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Been watching the tv series Life, which starred Damien Lewis (seems like he is in everything lately!) and Sarah Shahi. I am halfway through the second, final season. I did watch this when it originally aired on NBC. Yet another network show that I liked that was cancelled too soon. I remember I though Shahi's acting wasn't very good in the first season, but she improved going into season 2. I recommend this if you like detective shows.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As everyone here knows, i was born late. So, here i was watching the 6 episodes of The Walking Dead season one.

I liked it very much but just found out that there is already season 7 coming up this fall. 7!

Anyone here who has seen the whole she bang so far. Is it still woth watching?

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched The Richard Pryor Show (1977) box set which also includes the special episode.
This was a groundbreaking show with very funny skits mixed with more serious stuff. Pryor and co. really gave NBC hard time.
Highly recommended for all Richard Pryor fans!

Star Wars Bar
 -

Before Obama, Pryor as the prez
 -

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pryor's show was brilliant, but way ahead of its time and too hot to handle. As I recall, the network cancelled it pretty quickly. I'm glad that you've mentioned it aTomiK. Pryor is one of the all-time greats, and this is his lost masterpiece.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just finished the fourth and final Battlestar Galactica season.
This is a good show and i´m glad my bro forced me to watch it [Big Grin]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just started watching "Dinner For Five".

-

"Actor/Director Jon Favreau hosts an evening with four Hollywood friends (four different people or combinations of people each episode), who casually discuss the craft of acting and the business of celebrity over dinner."

It's strangely addictive. Did anyone watch this when it originally aired?

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a couple of episodes. It was not a bad conceit for a show. It reminded me of a Hollywood version of a fantastic Steve Allen public television show that ran in the late 70s to early 80s, Meeting of the Minds. Allen moderated a dinner party of actors playing historical figures such as Catherine the Great, Karl Marx, Marquis DeSade,and Leonardo DaVinci. Steve Allen was a genius, Jon Favreau, not so much. [Smile] Meeting of the Minds has never been released to DVD, but I am glad to see that it has a small cult via the Internet.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just finished Ash vs Evil Dead season 2. Mostly very good stuff if you count out the 2-3 mediocre episodes.

Campbell rocks and Lee Majors surprises in a funny role as his dad. Lots of blood and corpses around and once again we get to visit the good old cabin during the season finale.

Season 3 is coming and now it´s time to create something new and fresh.

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Dallas season 4 (1981) sometime ago and it was very good stuff as usual.
This was the season that introduced lovely Audrey Landers to the world.

My bro gave me the first Audrey solo lp Little River (1983)
 -

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Just finished The Prisoner (1967/68) dvd set which included the 90 minute documentary. What a cool show!
Unique and surreal feel with great performance from the cast (with many beautiful ladies [Wink] )
I´m very happy that i finally decided to watch it!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
The Prisoner is always in my top few series as "best TV show, any country, any era." It was one of the most intelligently written shows ever written. "I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN." A show so universal that it will live on forever...
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYhUrtD2OCg

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched The Walking Dead season 2 and while being a little static (old farm as headquarters) i enjoyed it very much.

Just started watching Twin Peaks before the comeback 2017 series begins May 21.

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, i'm really looking forward to that too ! [Smile]

I was looking at the cast list for the new series just the other day, and it's incredible how many of the original actors return.

There are some very interesting new names too : Laura Dern, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Robert Forster, Monica Bellucci,
Tim Roth, Jim Belushi, Richard Chamberlain, Candy Clark, John Savage, Tom Sizemore, musician Trent Reznor, and on, and on..

Plus, it seems every episode is directed by David Lynch himself !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I finished Taboo (F/X network) a few days ago. It was excellent. And Good news: it has been signed for a second season! The last episode of this first season was intense! Crash, I hope you like this news!
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I was very happy that Tom Hardy and the crew will return with season two of Taboo. I can start my "Nootka/grunt counter up. A friend of mine counted 13 grunts in the first 10 minutes of the last episode of season one. LOL That would be a fun drinking game--take a drink every time he grunts or says Nootka.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Expanse on Netflix.

Seriously, just go watch...

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I looked for The Expanse, but it must not be available in the States, or my area. I am currently watching the final season of Rectify.
Crash, my husband watches that stupid show Survivor on CBS. One of the teams is called Nootka. I am not sure if that is how they spell it though. Maybe we can do a combined drinking game of Taboo And Survivor- every time the words Nootka, Game Changer, or a grunt is uttered, you must drink! 😂🍺🍸🍹🍷

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Nootka/Grunt Counter ready for Taboo next season1
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Just finished watching True Detective season 3. The storyline of a kid brother and sister who went missing in 1980 is more complex
by the way the story is told rather than the events that actually occurred.

There are three seperate timelines : The actual case in 1980, the re-opening of the case in 1990, and a film-crew making a documetary
about the still unsolved case in 2015.

Basically it's all about the characters, the two leads being played by Academy award winner Mahershala Ali (from Moonlight and Green Book)
and Stephen Dorff (for whom this is arguably the most impressive role of his career). The older Stephen Dorff in the 2015 segments of the story
is starting to look (and sound) more and more like Jack Nicholson, i noticed. Check this pic :

-

After a slightly disappointing second season, the show is back up to its initial high standards. Season three comes highly recommended !

[ 23. March 2020, 06:11: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home