iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » I am writing a book

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am writing a book
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been thinking about it for years, and finally have decided to actually do it. I have told alot of you about us finding the tombstone of the little boy who died in 1847- when we built an addition on our house, and I have written about some of the weird things that happen here. The date of his death was Feb. 11th. I never use to believe in supernatural stuff...or life after death...I am not a religious person. So, for me to start questioning things that have happened to me and my family...it means that I have no clue what is going on.

Over the weekend, when I had people here...2 of the couples that were here- experienced things that I can't explain, and my husband witnessed the one thing too, and he couldn't explain it.

I am going to start writing all these incidents down, and then turn it in to a story about how I found this house, and the history of this house-because there are crazy stories of things that happened here before me-that an author of a book about my town- told me about.

I want to get it published over the summer. Then I already have booked this awesome Horse and Carraige company to do a Haunted Horse Ride, and we are going to do a Haunted House Tour of our house and have our Pumpkin Carving Contest on the same night. We are going to do Horse rides through our town, and hopefully I'll have my book done and we can sell them at this thing I am planning.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds interesting, can't wait for Oprah to read it! Just don't let the film rights go for cheap ok? [Wink]

I would love to know what stuff happened on the weekend to spur this on, but I guess we will have to wait to read the story. Real supernatural stuff will always pique an interest. Had you had any previous writing experience before like High School newspaper or even blogs?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, have you seen the movie "1408"? Perhaps you could get John Cusack to stay the night.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool ISIS. You know how much I love that supernatural stuff.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I read the title I thought it was going to be a book about the 80s, still, this sounds interesting good luck with it.

I call first rights for any movie adaptation purely on the grounds that I've known you the longest after Valley...and Cindy...and Muffy, and Paul & Nick.

Don't trouble those spooks too much Isis, otherwise; who ya gonna call?

-

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did see 1408, and I thought of my house when he was at that Book signing.

Yeah...my experience of writing...will all be thanks to The Rewind...if you put all my postings together from off here...can you imagine how much paper that would take up?

Last year I went to this Sidewalk festival, and I met this guy who writes Ghost Books about Haunted places in PA, and I talked to him about it...it's not hard to do...I bought his book...it was only about 150 pages long.

The book will write itself, because I have so much material it's unbelievable.

Here's a couple weird things that happened here..

The man who lived here for 40 years before us...he was trying to quit smoking, so he would sneek out to his truck and smoke, so his wife didn't catch him. One time he did that, he fell asleep with a lit cigarette, and it caught the inside of his truck on fire, he freaked out, but managed to get out...the firehall is right across the street from me, and there's a house beside it...I have a steep driveway, and what happened...was the fire burned through the brake cables, and the truck rolled down the hill, and landed on a car in a driveway across the street and burst in to flames. The man who lived here, he had a heart attack from the stress...it didn't kill him though.

The author of the book about my town, (which my house is in that book), it was his mother's car that the truck landed on.

This guy-the author- told me about the people that lived here a long time ago...they had a dog...and a snake had got in to our house, and scared the dog so bad that the dog had a nervous break down.

My son swears that he opened the closet door under our staircase, and he heard a dog growling, and it scared him half to death...that happened before we ever heard the story about the dog having the nervous breakdown.

There's tons of crazy stuff.

My friend- who says she has psychic abilities...she has had several colleges do studies on her, she has been published in several books...she has an electro magnet charge to her...where she can go by a TV, and the Tv will come on by itself. She was here today, and was going around from room to room, telling me things she thinks she feels happened here.

It was very weird....when she was laying on a bed in one of my guest rooms...it has a shaker style bed- that looks like a canopy frame around it, and I have white lights and garland around the bed...the lights kept flickering off and on as she laid on the bed. It was freaky.

I can tell you guys a bunch of weird stuff.

The things that happened this weekend....

A guest who was here...she knows my husband...they were in our gameroom/bar...I was in my mom's room watching a movie (Friday the 13th), and didn't see this....but someone had been eating a pack of crackers and had left them lying on the bar...they said that the crackers started rocking back and forth- as if someone was rolling them back and forth with their finger... they were all freaked out, even my husband woke me up later to tell me about it, because he said he had no clue how it happened.

They wrote about it in my guestbook.

Another couple that was here...they said they were in their room, and they thought the door opened by itself. Nobody was there...they both thought they saw it open...but it wasn't open, but they thought someone had opened it. Nobody was even up near them. They said it freaked them out- I hadn't even really talked to them yet (when they were telling me this)...just to show them around when they got here, they stayed in their room the whole night, but told me this in the morning, and I never met them before...and they said "is your house haunted", and I said "why" , what happened, and they told me, and I started telling them some stuff...and they said they watch "Taps" all the time, and they were hoping my house was haunted before they even came here.

There are so many things like that.

I had the Carriage ride people here today...we are going to have a blast doing that, I can hardly wait. I already asked my friends, and they are going to dress up in costumes and hang out around my house and wave to everyone , it will be very cool.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o wow cant wait to read your book
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to spend a few nights in that house to investigate! That would be awesome to see that stuff going on. Might scare the crap out of me, but it would be cool to see it happen.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Come on over!
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Come on over!

Thanks for the invite. Will happen someday I'm sure.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Cool! See ya soon! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in for a copy of that book [Smile] As i may have mentioned before,i also have some unexplained company from time to time.But that`s just fine as long as they don`t mess with my 80s collection [Karate Kid]
My house was build around 1850,and the timber used was moved and assembled from a much earlier location & time.I really wish the walls could speak.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home