iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Do you miss your teenage body? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you miss your teenage body?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we can all relate? There was a time when I could eat a whole pizza no questions asked, no crumbs, crusts, doggie bag. Now I struggle with even half. Being middle age sucks. Hope I am not whining to much, but can someone tell me why as you get older for males(or maybe it's just me), there's this constant new unwanted(in my case) body hair it seems every year, I found a patch grwoning on my shoulder blade for pete's sake. Noticing the hairline is eroding at the tepmles, why can't we just transfer that extra, unwanted hair to the places we need it? I don't understand, someone get mother nature on the phone!

Anyway, I would love to hear from all of you on this, particularly if maybeyou are in your best physical shape in middle age and found your former teenage, gawky body hard to assimilate. I'm the opposite I guess.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I relate....I don't think I look horrible for my age....but I certainly don't have the body I did when I was 20. When I was that age- I had modelling offers. I was too much of a prude though to ever even think of doing that. I had an ex-boyfriend who's sister was a model for Tropicana Suntan lotion, and she showed her boss my picture, and they wanted to meet me, and I said ..no way. I use to run all the time, in Track and Cross Country and I did Aerobics 3 times a week, and went to a gym and worked out all the time.

I try and walk now, and I started doing sit-ups at night (I use to do sit ups constantly). I don't ever diet, I should worry more about my health, and I know the best way to prevent health problems is by doing cardiovascular work outs -that make your heartbeat fast- and you have to push yourself to do that.

I go for walks whenever I feel like it, and I know that I should make that a daily habit.

I would love to have my teenage body back...because I could wear anything I wanted then...and my biggest reason for not doing that now is because back then I was flat chested-and I don't have that problem now- and I have never figured out why women pay money to have breast implants, because I would take being flat chested- any day of the week.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well after having my daughter my body doesnt look nearly as good as it use to i mean its not bad and my husband still thinks i m a hottie lol but i use to be very thin and now i m very curvy lol
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing that's so funny to me are the people who try to hide their baldness with products and even the comb over. Mine's slowly starting to recede now at age 33. When it starts getting worse, I'll shave my head no questions asked. I'd rather be a dignified bald male than an older man trying to hide something I can't. I'm with ya on the eating part Riptide. I also feel the need to rest a little more. Back in my younger days when I was on the night shift, I could come home in the mornings and stay up all day doing something without sleep. If I tried doing now what I could do 10 years ago, I may as well go ahead and plan my funeral lol........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rainbowbrite22:
well after having my daughter my body doesnt look nearly as good as it use to i mean its not bad and my husband still thinks i m a hottie lol but i use to be very thin and now i m very curvy lol

Curvy is better. Men love curvy. Trust me!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
The thing that's so funny to me are the people who try to hide their baldness with products and even the comb over.

The "Bobby Charlton", as we call it in the UK.

-

Bobby Charlton is one of the greatest soccer players ever to come from Britain.

I feel your pain though. I have naturally thick hair, but it's definitely going thin on top. [Frown]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Jack is right. Curvy is better. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sucks getting older indeed. My hair gets thinner by the day too and I'll be shaving my head before I do that ridiculous thing in the picture up there! As far as my body, it is right now in the best shape ever at 35 years old. I have always been in shape from my physical job and sports, but I have added working out with weights to that as well as running between 5-7 miles, every other day. I also don't eat nearly as much crap food as I used to because the fat builds up way to easy now than when I was in my 20's. The quitting smoking has made me eat healthier too, because I am hungry all the time now and do eat more. It sure aint as easy as it used to be!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah i hear you all too i use to work third shift cleaning at u.b. college here i would come home from work and work out 3-4 times a week then run then get some sleep now forget it! i wore a size 7 wedding gown when i got married in 1986 now i am a 11-12 and since i hurt my back last year and both wrists i can't walk like i use to either which is the only workout i kept up? the strongest part of my body are my legs but that's about it now lol and i can relate isis i feel the same way i would love to be flat chested myself lol !! [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in better shape in my early-mid twenties than in my teens, so no...! I didn't workout in my teens, I drank, did drugs and slept all day... [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i miss my wife's teenage body.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
i miss my wife's teenage body.

Me too... [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting old sure makes it challenging... I'm getting back on the diet/workout bandwagon in 2 weeks... Till then, beer & pizza baby! Then, bring on the pain... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In high school I was too skinny and scrawny. Now that I'm 44 I'm fat and flabby. Hopefully will end up somewhere in the middle weight wise.

I shave my head even though I really don't need to as my hair is still pretty thick and full.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
<Originally posted by xchazx:
i miss my wife's teenage body.>

Me too... [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

you miss my wife's teenage body?!? why i oughtta...(shakes fist violently)
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't sure if he meant..your wife's body, his wife's body, or his own body..... [Confused] [Confused] [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually prefer my body now. I'm quite tall and way too skinny in my teen's.
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't deal with aging, why do people like Clooney make it look so easy? But I must admit, I sure don't miss acne back in the day.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Originally posted by xchazx:
you miss my wife's teenage body?!? why i oughtta...(shakes fist violently)

Hey, glad you got the joke, and nice to see someone on here has a sense of humour!!
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by annier:
I actually prefer my body now. I'm quite tall and way too skinny in my teen's.

Ya, I agree.. [Wink]
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were bad things that came along with those high school bodies too (acne, gawkiness, out-of-control hormones, etc.). At least now I don't turn into a blubbering idiot whenever a hot girl talks to me.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
There were bad things that came along with those high school bodies too (acne, gawkiness, out-of-control hormones, etc.). At least now I don't turn into a blubbering idiot whenever a hot girl talks to me.

I just ignore hot girls... It drives them crazy. [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After some serious partying during the mid 90s i do miss my old beautiful liver [Big Grin]

Anyway,we all get older,i still have my hair,gained only a few pounds and try to work out a bit these days.Actually it doesn't bother me to much at all, as long all my vital signs keep on register [Wink]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am lucky enough to basically have the same body. A little slower, and harder to get up in the morning...but all in all, doing pretty good with what I have!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
EJ,

You're still in your 20s right?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home