iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Super Bowl Hopes (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Super Bowl Hopes
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never thought yesterday's games would turn out the way they did. I'm pulling for the Giants 100% today and also for the Chargers. I don't like Philadelphia at all, or Pittsburgh either, for that matter. I can't stand the Ravens but if they wind up playing the Steelers I will pull for them.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delhomme threw 5 frigging interceptions. I certainly hope the Panthers use their draft slots wisely next year and draft a decent quarterback.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NFC Title game sure is a huge surprise. A month ago who would have imagined that either Philadelphia or Arizona would be one win away from the Super Bowl?

Now if San Diego can only beat Pittsburgh the final four will be all surprises.

Downturn to this is it's setting up to be one of the least watched Super Bowls of all time.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I am so glad the Bowl is on NBC this year and I can't watch it! My only hope is that the Chargers beat the Steelers...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starting to shape up where it might be a Battle of Pennsylvania Super Bowl.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was hoping the panthers would win i couldn't believe that game?? they played so good all thru the season then this? don't really care at this point who wins? lol dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
i was hoping the panthers would win i couldn't believe that game?? they played so good all thru the season then this? don't really care at this point who wins? lol dee

I care, but since I'm not gonna be watching it, I don't care, either. No more football for me till next season.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyone's interest is fizzling out, i see.

i'm so excited for the cardinals. and glad that the eagles won, since that makes a home game for us, next week.
it's really an exciting time here in phoenix. i know a lot of people can't believe it still lol.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bird Bowl is officially next week, and the Ravens-Steelers will be the equivalent of a street fight.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are guaranteed of at least one bird being in the Super Bowl and if Baltimore can wins next week the Super Bowl will be the bird bowl.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Can't wait to see which team will have the sharpest talons?
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my mind Dallas has already won the Super Bowl....ok ok I'm just dreaming....I love my Cowboys, but good god they sucked this year....The Cowboys and George W. Bush sure have been giving Texas a bad name.....

Tony Romo & Terrell Owens = Overpayed & Overhyped

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I'm really surprised that Wade Phillips still has a job at this moment. Dallas was supposed to be one of the best teams ever this season and they didn't even make the playoffs. Good teams don't lose the last game of the season 44-3 with their playoff lives on the line.

I agree that T.O and Romo are overhyped plus throw in the Pacman Jones fiasco and it would be hard for any coach to overcome those obstacles. But unfortunately coaches are made into the scapegoats so I'm finding it hard to believe that Phillips is still the head coach down in Big D.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Dallas was interested in Michael Vick as he's due for release this summer. How bout Tony Dungy retiring? He's about a classy guy as they come IMO. Jim Caldwell (ex Wake Forest football coach) is now the Colts' coach........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Michael Vick to the Cowboys? Good grief. I cannot stand Michael Vick...I still think that instead of prison a little punishment by pit bull wouldn't have hurt. Anyway...

I agree, Tony Dungy is a classy guy. I always thought he was a good coach.

Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea if Michael Vick comes to the Cowboys, I will resign as a fan....I do not like animal cruelty at all, so this dude can go to hell before I accept him as a cowboy.....it was hard enough accepting TO for that star incident a few years back on another team
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Yay Cards!!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Steelers vs Cardinals for the Super Bowl

That's an easy choice for me

GO CARDS!!!!

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Wow, some great games today. I really thought the Eagles had a shot, but the Cards prevailed. It's now Ben vs. Kurt.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Go Kurt
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Most definitely go Kurt!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
most most definitely go kurt! [Wink]

hooray for the cards! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a Giants fan I am struggling to pick a team to support in the Super Bowl. The romantic in me would love to lowly Cardinals and the brilliant Kurt Warner to win. Then again Pittsburgh are amazing in defence and big Ben a future hall of famer I think.....

I'm gonna go with my heart.. GO CARDINALS!!!!

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say Steelers 35 Cardinals 17
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna say, Steelers 20 Cardinals 21
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home