iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Best Action Movie Stars EVER.. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best Action Movie Stars EVER..
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, this is a hot topic amongst all men(and some women) of a certain age.. Arnie or Sly? Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan? Chuck Norris or Van Damme?? [Big Grin]

So lets have it out, mano a mano.. fist to fist... AK 47 to AK47!!

Top tens people...

Of all time...

It'll be tough, it'll get ugly, but at the end of it all, one Man(or Woman who knows) will emerge victorious!!

So here goes nothing..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the Boxset.Com's List so you get a rough idea of the big boys in this genre..

1 Arnold Schwarzenegger
2 Sylvester Sallone
3 Jean-Claude Van Damme
4 Bruce Willis
5 Steven Seagal
6 Jet Li
7 Chuck Norris
8 Bruce Lee
9 Jackie Chan
10 Dolph Lundgren

ASKMEN.COM'S TOP 5:

5:Mel Gibson
4:Jackie Chan
3:Sly Stallone
2:Bruce Willis
1:Arnold..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
So, without further ado, heres Jacks..

10: Will Smith:Men In Black, I Robot, I Am Legend, Bad Boys, Independence Day, Enemy of the State, Han****..
Perhaps not an all out Action Hero, but Big Willy has done enough quality butt kicking to sneak in at 10 for me.. Best Action Role: Det. Mike Lowrey Bad Boys..

9: Jean Claude Van Damme: No Retreat No Surrender, Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Death Warrant, Universal Soldier, Hard Target, Timecop...
The Muscles From Brussells is a big time Action Man, and was at his peak in the late 80's early 90's.. Best: Kurt Sloane Kickboxer..

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
8: Chuck Norris: A Force of One, Missing In Action, Invasion USA, The Delta Force, Walker Texas Ranger..
What can you say about Chuck? So good that he has his own hero worship site.. My fave from the many Chuckism's: 'When the Boogeyman goes to bed at night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris'!! [Big Grin]
Best: Col. James Braddock Missing In Action..

7: Jet Li: Once Upon A Time In China, The Master, The Legend, Twin Warriors, Fist Of Legend, Lethal Weapon 4, Hero, Romeo Must Die, The One, Unleashed, War, The Mummy 3..
The closest thing to the great Bruce Lee we've had, this little guy could kick most big guys butts!! Best: Nameless(Hero)

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
6: Steven Seagal: Nico, Hard To Kill, Out For Justice, Under Siege, On Deadly Ground, Executive Decision, Exit Wounds..
The Ponytailed one has been whoopin bad guys for 20 years now and is still doing it albeit with a little more girth these days [Wink]
Best: Casey Ryback Under Siege..

5: Jackie Chan: Waaay too many to list!! [Wink]
We all know Jackies form, brilliant martial arts expert who can be one funny dude when he feels like it..
Best: Keung Rumble In The Bronx..

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody's list should have either Segal, Van Damme, or Lundgren in it.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
Nobody's list should have either Segal, Van Damme, or Lundgren in it.

Ouch!!!!

Not a fan KtheC??

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
4: Bruce Lee: Need I really say more?? [Wink]

3: Sylvester Stallone: Rocky, Rambo, Cobra, Lock Up, Tango and Cash, Demolition Man, Judge Dredd..
Sly is many peoples number one, but for me he has done less truly great movies than the top 2. He is none the less a brilliant Action Hero and I am a huge fan..
Best: John Rambo First Blood..

2: Bruce Willis: Die Hard, The Last Boyscout, Pulp Fiction, Twelve Monkeys, Last Man Standing, The Fifth Element, Tears of the Sun, Sin City, Lucky Number Slevin, 16 Blocks...
If Bruce had retired after Die Hard he'd still have made this list!! The greatest Action character of all time in the best Action Movie of all time.. So why didn't he make number one??
Best: Yipee Ki Yay..

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
1: Arnold....
This is why Bruce didn't make number one for me..
The great man form Austria has a CV second to none in this genre: Conan, The Terminator, Red Sonja, Commando, Raw Deal, Predator, Red Heat, Total Recall, T2, Last Action Hero, True Lies, Eraser, End of Days, The Sixth Day, Collateral Damage, T3....

Legend is too small a word for this guy.. And that is why he's number one...

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
So to compact that into one neat little bunch,
my top 10:
10:Will Smith
9:Jean Claude Van Damme
8:Chuck Norris
7:Jet Li
6:Steven Seagal
5:Jackie Chan
4:Bruce Lee
3:Slyvester Stallone
1:Arnold Schwarzenegger

Honorable mention: Kurt Russell(come on gimme that) [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack, all three of these are way too cardboard for my taste. Under Siege was cool - but more for Tommy Lee Jones that for Seagal. Lundgren - well there's aren't enough movies he could make that would atone for Masters Of The Universe. and as for Van Damme, I simply don't buy the possible existence of a Belgian Action Hero.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Jack, all three of these are way too cardboard for my taste. Under Siege was cool - but more for Tommy Lee Jones that for Seagal. Lundgren - well there's aren't enough movies he could make that would atone for Masters Of The Universe. and as for Van Damme, I simply don't buy the possible existence of a Belgian Action Hero.

You make excellent points of course. All three are amongst the most terrible ACTORS in the history of film. But as Action Heros, butt kicking tough men, they are up there with the best. Having said that, the only two in the whole top ten that I would consider an accomplished actor aswell as Action Hero's are Bruce Willis and Will Smith.
I mean I love Sly and Arnie but they can hardly speak english!! [Big Grin]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Your last point is also levelled at messrs Seagal, Lundgren and Van Damme (who is too short to be an Action Hero anyway...)
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Your last point is also levelled at messrs Seagal, Lundgren and Van Damme (who is too short to be an Action Hero anyway...)

Jet Li's like 4ft 2!! [Big Grin]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lundgren - a legend
Van Damme - a legend
Seagal - i´m sure he´s a legend too

cardboard yes, but legends [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
So to compact that into one neat little bunch,
my top 10:
10:Will Smith
9:Jean Claude Van Damme
8:Chuck Norris
7:Jet Li
6:Steven Seagal
5:Jackie Chan
4:Bruce Lee
3:Slyvester Stallone
1:Arnold Schwarzenegger

Honorable mention: Kurt Russell(come on gimme that) [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

That is a good list but Willis is way too high.
Also Will Smith has done some very good movies but
i don´t think that he should be there.

Maybe i´m an oldschool man but Rutger Hauer or Charles Bronson are better choices.
No Kungfu or Karate, but those guys are tough!

We need more comments here!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Lundgren - a legend
Van Damme - a legend
Seagal - i´m sure he´s a legend too

cardboard yes, but legends [Cool]

I agree too. These guys are great for me! Sorry Paul.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.)Clint Eastwood
2.)Sylvester Stallone
3.)Arnold Schwarzenegger
4.)Chuck Norris
5.)Charles Bronson
6.)Steve McQueen
7.)Harrison Ford
8.)Tom Cruise
9.)Bruce Willis
10.)Patrick Swayze

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

You're all soooooo wrong about the Corrugated Three. In order to be one ot the 'best action movie stars', you need to be a good movie star, and these three ain't gonna ever get close to anyone's award shortlist.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta agree with Paul on the three cardboard cutouts mentioned. Anybody remember several years back about supposed action hero Van Damme getting beat down by a bouncer at some club or bar? I forgot what caused it but anyways it was funny.....

1. Clint Eastwood
2. Bruce Willis
3. Steve McQueen
4. Harrison Ford
5. Stallone
6. Arnie
7. Chuck Norris
8. Mel Gibson
9. Bruce Lee
10. Will Smith

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some good lists.

1. Arnie
2. Bruce Lee
3. Harrison Ford
4. Nicolas Cage
5. Steve McQueen
6. Stallone
7. Jet Li
8. Steven Seagal
9. Wesley Snipes
10. Sho Kosugi

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im headed towards Harrison'the legend'Ford
Big Chucky Charles Bronson
Clint'i dont think its funny u laffin'Eastwood
William 'khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan' Shatner
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Ok, this is a hot topic amongst all men(and some women) of a certain age.. Arnie or Sly? Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan? Chuck Norris or Van Damme?? [Big Grin]

So lets have it out, mano a mano.. fist to fist... AK 47 to AK47!!

Top tens people...

Of all time...

It'll be tough, it'll get ugly, but at the end of it all, one Man(or Woman who knows) will emerge victorious!!

So here goes nothing..

--------------------------------------------------
If I had to pick just 10...
Here's mine:

Best "Action" Movie stars, not "Tough Guy" or "Martial Artist" movie stars...

1.) Arnold Schwarzenegger: Predator, Commando, T1, T2 T3 etc...

2.) Bruce Willis: Die Hard movies, Pulp Fiction, Armageddon, Tears of The Sun etc

3.) Harrison Ford: Star Wars movies, Indian Jones movies, Patriot Games, The Fugitive etc

4.) Sylvester Stallone: Rambo movies, Rocky movies

5.) Matt Daymon: Bourne movies

6.) Will Smith: Bad Boys movies, Independence Day, Men in Black movies, Enemy of the State, I Robot, I Am Legend, Hanc0ck etc

7.) Keanu Reeves: Matrix movies, Johnny Mnemonic, Speed, Point Break etc

8.) Tom Cruise: Top Gun, Mission Impossible movies, Minority Report, The Last Samurai, War of The Worlds etc

9.) Mel Gibson: Mad Max movies, Lethal Weapon movies, Braveheart

10.) Kurt Russell: Escape from New York, The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Tango & Cash, Tombstone, The Soldier

Honorable mentions...

- James Bond Series: Especially Daniel Craig as the latest, darkest, best fighting Bond ever...

- Chuck Norris: Missing in action movies, Delta Force movies, Invasion USA etc

- Clint Eastwood: Dirty Harry movies, many westerns, Every Which Way movies, Heartbreak Ridge, many more...

- Wesley Snipes: Passenger 57, The Blade movies,

[Karate Kid] [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Bruce Lee. Nuff said
Best: Billy Lo in Game Of Death.

2. Yun Fat Chow - Absolute legend, such a legend that I had to write his name in the traditional Asian style! Watch John Woo’s The Killer, Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow I, II & III and Tiger On The Beat, to see why he’s the last word in action.
Best: Ah Jong in The Killer.

3. Sean Connery
Best: 007 in Dr. No

4. Jet Li
Best: Nameless in Hero

5. Jackie Chan
Inspector Chan Ka Kui in Police Story 2

6. Mel Gibson
Best: Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon

7. Bruce Willis
Best: John McClain in Die Hard

8. Steven Segal: Above the Law, Hard to kill, Out For Justice...I can’t account for what he’s been up to since then.
Best: Nico Toscani in Above The Law

9. Nicolas Cage—controversial choice perhaps, but you can’t fault Nic’s action credentials in The Rock, Face/Off and Con Air.
Best: Cameron Po in Con Air

10. Keanu Reeves, if Reeves and an empty box of cereal with a hand drawn smiley face on it, were asked to compete in an acting competition; the latter would win in a most convincing manner, and yet Keanu chooses his roles like he’s Johnny Depp and comes up smiling.
Best Neo 'The One' in 'The Matrix' tied with undercover FBI man Johnny Utah in Point Break.

Honourable mentions

Tom Cruise in Top Gun & M:I2, Wesley Snipes in the Blade pictures, Harrison Ford as Indy and Han.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Clint Eastwood?? Action hero??
I find that one above all others baffling..
Cowboys and Cops aren't really action movies..
They're Westerns and well, Cop movies!!

I don't recall Clint with half a shirt on after killing an army by himself and then walking off into the sunset with said airhead cutie pie..

Don't get me wrong he's a bigger legend than any guy on the list, just not in the right place in here for me.. Thats all.

Nic Cage 3 good ones alright, but not enough for me. Chow Yun Fat.. Outstanding, can't believe I forgot him!! [Frown]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home