iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » favorite christmas memories as a kid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: favorite christmas memories as a kid
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i was a little girl each year we would watch a charlie brown christmas and make rice krispy christmas reeths and put red hots in them to make a bow on each of them and make christmas trees too and go to my mimi( i couldnt say grandma so that we called her [Smile] and one christmas i guess i was about seven and i was a huge barbie and jem fan and that year for christmas i got a jem barbie and a new kids on the block jordan doll i was in heaven they went on dates and i got a barbie convertable it was the best christmas [Smile] i m a huge barbie fan and i v started to collect some dolls for my daughter those are some memories i have what are some of yours
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite toys I got as a kid was a skateboard. But what really excited me was anything that shot a projectile. Anything! Slingshots, bow and arrows, pellet guns, water guns, foam ball guns, dart guns. I also had a thing that you strapped to your wrist and it shot out some kind of arrow. My favorite though, was a pistol that shot out these tiny plastic disks....remember those? We used to take the glass ornaments off the tree and line them up on the bookcase. You can guess what happened next. Mom would come in and whoop are butts for shattering them all! Loads of fun though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One xmas eve I woke up during the night and could hear sounds on the roof. It was obviously Santa and his reindeer landing on the roof, and the next morning I was so excited to tell mum and dad all about it. To top it all off, we got a swimming pool for xmas, so I was really all over Santa from that point!

Years later, I found out the noises I heard were Mum and Dad up on the roof taking down the pool where they had hidden it in it's flat pack!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Stitch, I swore one year that I heard "hoofprints" on the roof! One year I also heard a "pull-in" in the driveway. I had the best Christmases....
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved every Christmas when I was a kid. We always opened our presents at our home, then we got dressed up and went to my mom's parents home-with my mom's whole family, and we did Christmas there...my grandparents always had a beautiful home and it was awesome at Christmas time. We ate dinner at my mom's parents-and exchanged presents- we'd play in the snow and make a snowman, or we'd go sled riding on the hill in the field- on a big giant toboggan. We always use to go to my Dad's parents house at the end of the day. My Dad's mother always made homemade Chicken Noodle soup-with her own homemade noodles. It was awesome. My cousins and Aunts and Uncles were there. I loved eating nut rolls, and sugar cookies.

My favorite presents when I was a little kid were my: Bionic Woman Beauty Salon, Perfection, The Creepy Crawler Machine, my sneaker roller skates, the Jaws game, and record albums. When I was a teenager I got things like...a hope chest, my Dad made me a floor length mirror, I got an electric typewriter, I got a luggage set, I loved getting clothes.

I have never been a jewelry person-I don't like getting jewelry as a gift- I always lose it.

I think the last Christmas I spent with my grandma before she died, was one of my favorites. I was 18, and I went out to her house and made all the cookies and fudge and wrapped all the presents, my grandparents had a huge living room with a giant fireplace-my grandpa always had a fire going-he'd put that wax stuff in the fire and it would turn the fire all different colors. I would sit on the floor in front of the fire talking to my grandparents, and we'd be watching TV, and I'd wrap presents. I loved the feel of being in that house. I always loved staying over night there.
My grandparents had an indoor swimming pool, and it was awesome at Christmas time, to be inside swimming and look out the windows and see it snowing. I use to take all my friends there and we'd play the radio and order pizzas, and goof around, sometimes we rented movies and watched them out there , we'd make a big bowl of popcorn or make hot fudge sundaes. That's the stuff I miss.

I miss when my Aunt would come home for Christmas, and she and I would stay over night at my grandparents, we'd stay up talking all night. I remember she bought me a denim jacket for Christmas with 2 Prince buttons that she pinned on it, and she got me a cool purse.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home