iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Current Events/ Over-rated "Stars" (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Current Events/ Over-rated "Stars"
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That fat Dixie Chick needs to shut her piehole. She is the embarrassment to our country.
I guess if you are of the same age bracket as someone here, not a young chicken like Carrie Underwood, it's okay to sing about killing or beating up a guy.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamia, did Ozzy work with Tony Iommi in the steel mill? I think that's where Tony's fingers got slashed off on the ends. ANd I think I remember Ozzy saying at one point he didn't even have shoes, his old ones had completely worn out to nothing. I know Michael Cane is another one who grew up in extreme poverty, I think around LIverpool. I read his autobiography a long time ago. He served in the Korean War and was just happy to get 3 meals and good boots for his feet.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said a word about Natalie Maines. I said that the 2 sisters were good musicians. I don't know what they said about anyone personally, so knock it off.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you guys see this Ozzy Osbourne commercial???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m3PGdAsD1c

That's funny.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did one for the World of Warcraft game as well.

WOW - Prince of Darkness

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
That fat Dixie Chick needs to shut her piehole. She is the embarrassment to our country.
I guess if you are of the same age bracket as someone here, not a young chicken like Carrie Underwood, it's okay to sing about killing or beating up a guy.

Speaking as a foreigner here, the truly biggest embarassment to your country will become a footnote in history as of January [Big Grin]

Which of the Dixie Chicks is the fat one? The one that was pregnant? I guess she was kinda fat at one stage, but I believe that was only temporary...

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Exactly
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know OZZY had worked in a slaughterhouse (whatever the word for 'slaughtehouse IS, I know he described the **** you see in there and the smell and I'm sure it's a sight and smell he'll never forget!) I have to do some homework on his other "career low points" but I DO remember him talking about the place where they chop up da cows!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OZZY"S RESUME ACCORDING TO WIKIPEIA:
contruction site labourer
trainee plumber
apprentice tool maker
car factory worker
slaughterhouse worker

lets add-

singer
actor
maker of pretty funny commericals

He has Parkin Syndrome.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Exactly

WHat exactly?
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Speaking as a foreigner here, the truly biggest embarassment to your country will become a footnote in history as of January [Big Grin]

Which of the Dixie Chicks is the fat one? The one that was pregnant? I guess she was kinda fat at one stage, but I believe that was only temporary...

Stitch, she came out in London saying that Pres. Bush was an emabarrassment and she was ashamed to say he was our President. I am not a big fan of his either, but I would never, ever, in a FOREIGN country speak out against my country. She is a tool that needs to be put back in the shed. That is what that whole feud was about between the Dixie chicks and Toby Keith. The fattie even wore a shirt on national television that said "FUTK".
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her mouth just got her in trouble again

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b71845_natalie_maines_fellow_dixie_chicks.html

Even though I feel that her stance on this is correct as I've read up on this case and feel the three boys found guilty are indeed innocent.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was years ago. and i didn't like what she did either...but there are A LOT of people who ended up feeling just as strongly about it as she did. heck.. lots of bands/singers dedicated entire albums to trashing the BUSH administration. i understand she was in another country, running her mouth.. but at the same time, foreigners have no problems trashing talking the USA for everything that goes on over here..INCLUDING who we elect as our President. right?

natalie maines (the lead singer) does have a big mouth. but i love the dixie chicks music...country or pop.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just read that article...I don't understand from what it read...what she actually said...or what even happened?
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Okay, let's change the subject because I know some jerk who doesn't even vote will come on here spouting off political crap. I did not want this to turn into a political venue. No politics please.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well what about the violence against men in that Goodbye Earl song isn't is equal to the violence against men song Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood that was getting trashed in a former post? What's the difference? Anybody anybody anybody? I'm not a fan of either but don't they both pretty much say it's ok to lash out?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, they do. Only difference is Earl got killed (wasn't it by black-eyed peas?) and the man in Carrie's song just got his truck bashed all to hell.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I never even said I liked the Dixie Chicks (even though I do like some of their songs). I said I watched a TV show about them, and that they actually are good musicians. That's all I said...everyone else went off in to the political stuff...I never mentioned a word about Bush or anything Natalie Maines has ever said.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I don't condone violence in any form...wether someone killed a man or a woman...just because I said someone plays the violin well, doesn't mean I support violence, you 2 need to quit making stuff up.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
That fat Dixie Chick needs to shut her piehole.

OMG!!! I laughed so hard when I read this line...  -

Lets all just hug and get along...  -

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so what do people think of Madonna's latest stuff....?

(Anyone notice the subtle change of subject?)

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
MADONNA'S NEW STUFF SUCKS> SHE SHOULD PACK IT UP.

well, thats my opinion anyway

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamiasweetpeaches,

You really need to express yourself more... Don't be afraid to let your opinions be known! [Big Grin]

"MADONNA'S NEW STUFF SUCKS> SHE SHOULD PACK IT UP"

You crack my up sometimes... [Razz]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Does it NOT suck???? Prove me wrong, Fellas
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

She has always been completely overated. She can't sing worth a crap. I guess she can dance somewhat, but I'm sure she has choreographers to help her on that. I was never a fan of hers. I always thought she looked so harsh no matter what they tried to do with her.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home