iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Ugly Celebrity Dolls (Gwen Stefani, Aly & AJ)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ugly Celebrity Dolls (Gwen Stefani, Aly & AJ)
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter still plays with "Barbies" and her favorites seem to be the ones based on real-life people or charactors from TV shows and movies. For example- she has a few of the HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL DOLLS, the HANNAH MONTANA dolls and the CAMP ROCK dolls. Since Christmas is coming I figured I'd look to see what other ones I could find.

Has anyone ever seen the Gwen Stefani dolls? They are outright SCARY looking. I was in a clothing store one day looking around (Teen section) and I turned around and there was this ugly doll looking at me. I literraly jumped back! It was the Gwen Stefani doll. It looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like her (I will try to add a link later so you can see it).

There are two sisters who are a singing duo named Aly & AJ and THEIR dolls are not so much ugly, but STRANGE looking. They have HUGE heads on tiny little bodies!

I guess the reason they make them "differntly proportioned" is so MATTEL cant say they are reipping off Barbie.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused.... are you saying the dolls are ugly or the celebrities are ugly?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
I'm confused.... are you saying the dolls are ugly or the celebrities are ugly?

The Dolls methinks..

Anyone who thinks Gwen is ugly needs help..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im saying the DOLLS are ugly. All the people I mentioned are good looking so you would assume their dolls would be good looking too.

By the way, I just realized they make DIFFERENT Gwen Stefani dolls (like a Wind Up one, a Hollaback one, etc.) and some actually look kinda cute. The one that freaked me out was the Wind Up one , I think.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess a wind up Gwen Doll does make sense, after all one of her best songs is "Wind it up"
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home