iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » We did the worst, now let's do the best (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: We did the worst, now let's do the best
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we did the worst TV shows, I thought we could do the best, any decade or genre (even reality if you wish). I'll start.

The Wonder Years--I have some type of obsession with it, LOL. If it would ever be released on DVD price would not be an option for me.

Cold Case--This has fast become one of my all-time favorite shows.

Frasier--Gotta love Martin and Niles!

Living Single--Kinda like Friends, but much, much better.

Murder, She Wrote--C'mon, little old lady solving mysteries? Priceless.

Just the Ten of Us--It didn't last long, and yes it was cheesy at times, but it was a keeper, IMO.

Leave it to Beaver--Totally predictible, totally cheesy, but I absolutely love it. It's like The Wonder Years. I could watch it all day long. I even have a Leave it to Beaver lunchbox, which the kids at my school get a kick out of.

So those are some of mine. What are yours?

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
South Park
Family Guy
Married With Children--Minus the last couple seasons
Simpsons--minus the last five seasons or so

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frasier
Red Dwarf
Blackadder
Scrubs -- First 4 seasons
Porridge
Steptoe & Son
ER
Twin Peaks
The Equalizer
Mash
Quantum Leap
Family Guy
Columbo
Cheers

[ 30. November 2008, 10:42: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
South Park
Family Guy
Reno 911
The Sopranos
The Simpsons (first few seasons)
The Office
Married with Children
Twin Peaks
The Twilight Zone (black and white version)
Amazing Stories (I wish there would have been more seasons)

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beauty And The Beast
Hammer House Of Horror
Night Gallery
Oz
American Gothic
The Hunger
Alien Nation
The Outer Limits (Original)
The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin
Eerie Indiana
The Equalizer

[ 02. December 2008, 04:16: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Action
Freaks n Geeks
My So Called Life
Married with Children
6 feet under
Dark Shadows
Seinfeld
Dexter
Point Pleasant
Sopranos
CSI, NYPD, Cold Case, Murder One.
Family Ties

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could I forget Cheers? To be good in the same setting year after year is one of TV's greatest accomplishments.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seinfeld
Miami Vice
Twin Peaks
The Fugitive (old school)
The Fall Guy
The Office (UK... not the weak copy)
Extras
Bring Em' Back Alive
Sopranos
Colombo
Streets of San Francisco
Ninja Master
21 Jumpstreet
Tour of Duty
Oz

And many more... some for nostalgia, some for entertainment value, and some for sheer quality and craftsmanship!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, how could I leave out Oz? Great men-in-prison show.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favs:

Seinfeld
Married With Children
MacGyver
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Quantum Leap
Sliders(first 2 seasons)
Lost
Buffy
Angel
X-Files(how the heck did I forget that?!)

Mostly sci-fi of course. I won't include reality shows on this list.

[ 01. December 2008, 15:54: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rescue Me
Equalizer
Twin Peaks- wish it could have had a better ending than that weird movie
Dexter
Murder She Wrote- omg Pettyfan- I watched it when it was on in the afternoons on Hallmark while recovering from surgery, I thought no one else younger than 65 liked it, ha,ha, I know it's cheesy but good.
Freaks and Geeks- why did this ever get cancelled, what with all of the crap that is on network tv now?
pettyfan- my hubby loves The Beav and Wonder Years, he could probably watch them nonstop.
Cold Case
Northern Exposure

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
family guy, south park, house, fringe, heroes, ghost hunter, supernatural, kitchen nightmares, mash, i love lucy, mork and mindy, the andy griffith show, dee [Smile] [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its Your Move
The Master
Streethawk
The A-Team
Friends
The Office (kudos on the choosing the original Jay-Lee)
Extras

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In descending order:

-Monk. A strong main character I can relate to, and Grade A writing make it no surprise it's won so many Emmys. Ending after next season, which is fine by me, since I think 8 is probably the ceiling for it; as long as they think it out well it should be one darn good conclusion when they finally reveal who killed his wife

-Taxi. Real people in original and originally humorous situations (who can't crack up at "Whaaaaaat dooooooes aaaaaa yeellllloooooow liiiiightt meeeeeean?"). Too often characters on TV live well beyond their means; the Sunshine Cab Company's employees are accessible working class types you can emulate with.

-Due South. Eternally underrated in this country, with great writing that survived 2 seperate cancellations.

-Get Smart. Hands down the funniest show ever put on TV.

-Numb3rs. Stronger than your average crime drama, using real characters rather than cardboard cutouts so many other shows utilize these days, and using a highly intelligent method for solving the crimes.

-Alf. You can't help but love him no matter how old you are.

-The Price Is Right. Perhaps finally starting to run out of steam two years Post Bob (they just retired Barker's Bargain Bar last week), but it was a wonderful long peak throughout the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

-Psych. Riotous in its own right.

-Press Your Luck. Great gameplay that had the viewers in suspense; witty Whammy skits as well that hold up great over time.

-The Greatest American Hero. Took me until a few years ago to finally find it, but it was well worth it.

-Perfect Strangers. The best take on a traditional sitcom out there, with fabulous chemistry between Pinchot and Linn-Baker.

-Fraggle Rock. The zenith of Henson's genius, with messages that the world needs to hear today more than ever.

-The Commish. Highly underrated, deftly mixing crime drama with family drama; while Michael Chiklis has earned immortality as the clinically unhinged Vic Mackey, I liked him better here.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sopranos Best Ever..

The Simpsons Best Ever Animated..

Only Fools And Horses... Best Ever Comedy..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch an episode of Seinfeld every night! I think it is hilarious.
Family Guy
Reno 911
Ninja Warrior (what?)
Jeopardy (when I want to feel stupid)
M*A*S*H

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buffy/Angel
I love Lucy
Twin Peaks
The West Wing
Soap
Friends
X Files

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no particular order....

Blackadder
Bottom
Red Dwarf
Police Squad
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica (new and old)
Filthy, Rich and Catflap
The Young Ones
Friends
Ninja Warrior
South Park
The Osbournes
Life On Mars
Ashes To Ashes
I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here
The Simpsons

Life on Noms [Cool]

ps Does anyone else enjoy Samantha Who at the moment? I quite like it.

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to do this cuz I know I will forget some, but heres a starter list :

THE SIMPSONS
DEGRASSI JUNIOR HIGH
I LOVE LUCY
THE HONEYMOONERS
THE TWILIGHT ZONE
THE ODD COUPLE
TAXI
WKRP IN CINCINATTI
HAPPY DAYS
LAVERNE & SHIRLEY
SOAP
BENNY HILL
BOSOM BUDDIES
CHEERS
THE WONDER YEARS
MONSTERVISION
THE CRITIC
FUTURAMA
SEINFELD
EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND
THE KING OF QUEENS

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't believe I left out the friggin' WEST WING... loved that show!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder Woman
Charlies Angels
The Bionic Woman
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew
The Secrets of Isis
Grizzly Adams
The Streets of San Francisco
Baretta
Starsky and Hutch
CHiPs
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts of Life
Double Trouble
The Waltons
Sonny and Cher
Donny and Marie
The Muppet Show
Solid Gold
BJ and the Bear
Lucan
Miami Vice
Silver Spoons
Benson
Soap
Little House on the Prairie
Laverne and Shirley
Mork and Mindy
The Greatest American Hero
Knots Landing
Dallas
Dynasty
Three's Company
Sanford and Son
I Dream of Jeanie
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Little Rascals
The Munsters
The Dukes of Hazzard

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Can't believe I left out the friggin' WEST WING... loved that show!

The early shows were really good. I couldn't watch the last season... [Frown]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I know... started tuning out, once that whole Alan Alda/Jimmy Smits campaign thing started rolling!

Learnt alot about the intricasies(sp?) of american politics from that show... awesome writing!

But after 9/11,Bush and the two wars, the show felt a little out of touch with reality. Not the shows fault, it was just vastly different from what was going on in the real world.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no particular order:

Frasier - Funny! I wish I had watched it more
Married With Children - 80s treat
ER - The early years
Chicago Hope - I used to love it
St. Elsewhere - Was really good
House - Love it
Fringe - Love it
The X Files - One of the all time best, EVER!
Family ties - Very good
The Equalizer - Good show
M*A*S*H - Really good show
Quantum Leap - Good show
The Twilight Zone - Very good
Amazing Stories - Cool show
Alien Nation
The Outer Limits
Heroes - but it's waning
Happy Days - The Fonz...
Chuck - stupid but funny
The Sarah Conner chronicles - Still very good
The Love Boat - Figure it out...
Seinfeld
Magnum PI - OH MY GOD MAGNUM!!!
21 Jumpstreet
Sliders - I loved this show
Lost - It's getting boring
The Greatest American Hero - Back in the day...
The white shadow - Back in the day...
The West Wing - Early years, crappy the last two
Jericho - Can't believe it bombed. Bummer...
Benny Hill - If you don't like this you suck! [Wink]
King of Queens - Funny
China Beach
The Dukes of Hazzard
Roseanne

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
I know... started tuning out, once that whole Alan Alda/Jimmy Smits campaign thing started rolling!

Learnt alot about the intricasies(sp?) of american politics from that show... awesome writing!

But after 9/11,Bush and the two wars, the show felt a little out of touch with reality. Not the shows fault, it was just vastly different from what was going on in the real world.

Jay LEE,

You're right. That's when it started to slide. They got rid of Rob Lowe and brought in Alan Alda. I didn't like Alda as nasty character and Smits never did anything for me although I think he's a good actor.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home