iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Worst TV shows ever.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst TV shows ever....
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Saved by The Bell quite a bit, I think it was more for Tiffany Amber Thiessen in retrospect. I think Screech got too annoying on that show, so the show suffered along with it.

Very good point you bring up about Seinfeld being too New York. I've been to the city so maybe I "get it" more with some of the zany situations. There's so many funny episodes, how can you not laugh at the close talker, the muffin stump shop, Calzone. The writers did more with nothing than anyone. And Lucy and the Honeymooners set the precedent for comedies after them.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live on the other side of the world, and me, and more or less all my friends agree that Seinfeld is the best sitcom ever... so too New York (which is basically just a PC way of saying too jewish) is bull in my eyes!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like Lucy either, but she did pave the way for women in comedy. Both Lucy and the Honeymooners are overrated and outdated. My hubby hates them both too.
I remember going through my parents' albums when I was a kid, and they had some Jackie Gleason one, and I was totally confused cuz he was on the Honeymooners. He was conducting an orchestra? Ha,ha! I guess he was a man of many talents.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
xchazx said it best. Seinfeld IS one of the best comedies ever made. Doesn't mean everyone will like it though. That's why threads like these should not be titled, "best or worst" ever....they should simply be titled, "favorites or non-favorites."
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a Brit, I can remember when Seinfeld and Larry Sanders where being shown together, and all the critics were raving about Larry Sanders whilst being dismissive of Seinfeld. After watching a few episodes of both, I thought Seinfeld was genius and couldn't understand why people weren't watching it.
It's been reappraised now, and everyone over here thinks it's a classic (seemingly without realizing nobody watched it during it's lifetime). I wonder where they all were when the show was slammed for being 'too American/too Jewish/too New York'?

Like it or not, think it's overrated or not, laugh at it or not; Seinfeld doesn't belong on a list of the worst shows of all time. As 80's Rocked said, there's a difference between good and bad and like and dislike.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home