iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » BEER THREAD!!!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BEER THREAD!!!!!!
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All and anything goes here about the nectar of the Gods. I'm turning too many threads into beer threads....this is way over-do!

I'll start with my top 3:

1. Molson Canadian
2. Heinekin
3. Budweiser

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMMMMMM Budweiser someone can open a can a block away and someone else can smell it lol although I like a Bud in a can occasionally. I've developed a great appreciation for:

1. Blue Moon
2. Gaelic Ale (locally brewed by Highland Brewing Company)
3. Good ole Bud Light

Many more I may do an honorable mentions list later. It may be 1/2 a page long.......

"He was a wise man who invented beer (Plato)."

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Beck's too......

-

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alexander Keith's
Miller Genuine Draft
Coors Light
...and...RUM!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Pabst Blue Ribbon!
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice with the Pabst and Becks!

kev....I used to love the Captain Morgan rum, til I wore it out along with alot of other hard liquors. I'm pretty much beer only now.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I'm mostly beer although I do enjoy the occasional dose of Southern Comfort or Peach Schnapps. I was more of a liquor person in college.........
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
So Co used to kick my a$$ with all the sugar in it....gave it up.

I did 7 shots of Tequila in a row once....that was the end of that. Now the smell of it makes me sick.

Fire Water was a fav of mine for the longest time....just got bored with it.

Absolute Vodka I drank way too much of in my bowling days....had to move on.

Jack Daniels had an awesome kick for awhile....needed a change.

Goldschlager was next on the list until I over did it one night and blacked out the whole night. I was hung-over for 3 days....could never drink it again.

In between all these "era's" I went through with the liquors, I mixed in the variety of Schnapps, Yagermeister, Gins(I never really liked), Sambuca, plus others.

I never did drugs, but I drank way to much. Now, beer only when I'm out with friends or at a party. I also got a DWI when I was young and it taught me a valuable lesson. Drink responsibly!

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I've never drank and drive. I had a friend in college who was killed in an alcohol related traffic accident my sophomore year. I was supposed to have went with them that night too it really spooked me out made me think. Phewwwwwww I used to love the tequila until I had one of those college drunken nights where I was hungover for like 5 days. Tequila also makes me feel like it's 1000 degrees hotter than what it is too when I drink it lol dunno why.......
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was also a master of shotgunning a beer. That was my specialty.

One of my buddies was the master of keg-stands. I think he did one for like 2 minutes once. He also chugged 3 bottles of Cisco once, threw up instantly, and passed right out. He also chugged 2, 40oz. bottles of Private Stock in a row once, threw up again, and passed out soon after....again.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of my favs this time of year jolly rogers ale! and I swear it's 10% makes my eyelids so heavy after one!

I love Boddingtons on tap now that's an awesome beer!!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Good God 10%! My fave beer on tap would probably be Sam Adams......
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Moosehead
2. Sleemans
3. Budweiser

I don't drink much these days, but there was a time in my early 20's when a case of beer and going to the pub was like breathing at one point.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Guinness (discovered it whilst serving in Northern Ireland)

2 Erdinger Weissenbier (as above but for Germany)

3 Caffreys

I'm not really a fan of American Beer (or Lager, as us brits would refer to it)

Noms Smiths [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the one and only Australian that doesn't like beer.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Goldschlager was next on the list until I over did it one night

Goldschlager is the only spirit I drink - and then never excessively. But it does taste nice....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stella artois
killians
red stripe

i don't really drink though but these are beers i like to keep around. i can make a 12 pack last two weeks.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good list xchazx. I used to love the red beers.

Red Wolf was great.

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great topic man!!

I just purchased a slab of Heineken off the back of a truck for silly money!! [Wink] 24 cans for $20!!
That's less than half price!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Nice..

Anyways, back to the topic..

5:Carlsberg
4:Bulmers(It's Cider that ok?)
3:Budweiser
2:Heineken
1:Guinness(Stout but still number one)

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm surprised so many people have listed budweiser.

to make my list a top 5, i'd like to add yingling and labatts blue.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.Fosters

-

2.Karhu

-

3.Karjala

-

4.Olvi

-

5.Lapin Kulta

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
i'm surprised so many people have listed budweiser.

I'll always return to my master....the Budweiser!

-

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't drink too much american beer, canadian beer is more potent and satisfying IMO, although I give my props to Bud.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I sipped on some homemade peach brandy tonight at the Thanksgiving shindig and ate like 3 of the peaches plus there was homemade corn liquor on the menu as well since we're in the South. It's a vegetable here in these parts so I got all my food groups tonight..........

[ 27. November 2008, 19:48: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AtomiK, I see you had Fosters as your number one... did you know that most Australians don't actually like Fosters? The most popular beer here is Vic Bitter!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home