iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » My advice to all

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My advice to all
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't have a high efficiency washing machine in your house, don't waste your money buying one. They are pieces of **** and total headaches!!!! [Mad]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip petty. Here's mine:

If you order something on-line and they offer more than one shipping service, don't pay extra for Express shipping because it will cost you alot more money and the package will arrive the same time as regular shipping. I learned my lesson.

Let's keep this thread going....I like it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thread. When they ask you at the drive-thru if you want to supersize that, say no! Or better yet give up on fast food.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want your breath to smell of garlic but don't want to eat any, rub some on the sole of your foot and after 20 minutes...hey presto!!!!

Surreal Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never trust anyone who starts a sentence with "I'll be honest with you...."
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you stop to ask directions, and the person you ask starts their sentence with "Erm..." - drive on.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The customer is rarely right.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't buy a computer from best buy or the geek squad long story short we bought one not even a year ago and it had 55 viruses on it after we paid 120.00 extra as told by the geek squad we would never have to worry about viruses if we bought the software for them to put in at the time? yeah okay so my computer crashed last month and i took it in and it cost me another 141.38 to get it fixed and then they told me they had to reformat it to ficx it so all my files are gone now i pick the computer up today should be interesting? dee [Mad]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
Never trust anyone who starts a sentence with "I'll be honest with you...."

How about when someone starts a sentence like, "You want the truth?" Gee, let me think about that one for a minute. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Matter of NOMS and Death:
If you want your breath to smell of garlic but don't want to eat any, rub some on the sole of your foot and after 20 minutes...hey presto!!!!

Surreal Noms [Cool]

-
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worry about what will happen if you lose your keys? Why not put your name and address on the key fob so whoever finds them knows where to return them. If you have space you could also include what times they are most likely to find you at home to save them a wasted journey...

The Noms Thief [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
don't buy a computer from best buy or the geek squad long story short we bought one not even a year ago and it had 55 viruses on it after we paid 120.00 extra as told by the geek squad we would never have to worry about viruses if we bought the software for them to put in at the time? yeah okay so my computer crashed last month and i took it in and it cost me another 141.38 to get it fixed and then they told me they had to reformat it to ficx it so all my files are gone now i pick the computer up today should be interesting? dee [Mad]

buffalogirl, I've heard of too many bad experiences with Best Buy. I will never buy anything other than dvd's or cd's or Xbox360 games there. Nothing over say $100, cuz they don't want to take stuff back if it doesn't work. I will never buy any appliances there either. Your story sounds soooo much like others I've heard about Best Buy computers. They use that scam all of the time to get you to buy their anti-virus software,and it doesn't work and you end up spending even more money. Honestly, I don't know where to buy a computer anymore without worrying about getting ripped off. We were lucky- my brother-in-law is a systems analyst for a big Pittsburgh company, so he would just order our computer for us with what we wanted on it, then we'd pay him for it. He is retired now, so I don't know where we'll go for our next computer. Here is a good site for all of you to check out. I check it out about once a week: consumerist.com [Karate Kid]
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Matter of NOMS and Death:

Surreal Noms [Cool]

Freakish because you obviously know it works. Funny because you obviously know it works... Me likey!  -
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

What type of washer and dryer did you buy?

I am looking to get one, what is the problem with them.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

What type of washer and dryer did you buy?

I am looking to get one, what is the problem with them.

We are DEVO

It's a Whirlpool Cabrio high efficiency washing machine. The repair guys came to fix it; they had to replace some kind of panel. They're supposed to conserve water, but I don't think they do. They're very slow to wash.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Another tip from me....don't play golf when it's 25 degrees outside and 20 mph winds! [Eek!]
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey pittsburghgirl thanks for the advice i don't think i would have bought a computer at best buy my hubby bought it for me last christmas so i wasn't aware until we went to pick it up christmas eve i would have probably gone to circuit city as we bought things from there before and never had a problem and the geek squad are just dumb i am sorry but half of them don't know what they are doing either!! oh yes they sent me a e mail wanted to send me a lousy 20 dollar gift card for all my problems i had i told them to keep it i won't be returing to a best buy anytime soon lol dee [Mad]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home