iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Favourite soppy films? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favourite soppy films?
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really into soppy stuff. But Less Than Zero tugs at my heartstrings everytime. Both because I can relate to the story on a personal level, and because Thomas Newmans score is one of the best and most moving scores ever composed. Pure Brilliance!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rudy...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just as easy to name 'soppy' movies I don't like as the ones I like.

You've Got Mail
My Best Friend's Wedding
Four Weddings And A Funeral (if that counts)
When Harry Met Sally
Boys On The Side

DISLIKES (which is where the abuse will start):

Bridges Of Madison County
On Golden Pond
Kramer vs Kramer
Terms Of Endearment
Beaches

Basically, the likes are those where the storyline includes a level of humour, or some kind of sub-plot that isn't central to the soppiness. And the dislikes are basically when people are just sitting around waiting for someone to die, or get divorced, or realise what every viewer realised before the end of the opening credits.

As a result, I have to place Sleepless In Seattle as well made, but borderline.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cant do soppy movies really but the only one that i really enjoyed thouroughly and went and bought it was Serendipity.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home