iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Random Thoughts, Oddities, & Daily Annoyances (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Random Thoughts, Oddities, & Daily Annoyances
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is being negative about negativity actually negative...Doesn't a double negative equal a positive? That's what I learned in science. This is where you lose me every time.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it's ALWAYS something negative it stays negative thereby canceling out any chance of a positive......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atoms, neutrons and protons maybe? [Razz]
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis you know I love you and I'll always fight for your right to be able to express yourself here, but I do disagree with you a little here. I think it's kinda funny how you mention the "Are you being served" TV show after talking about the junk in music of today.

"Are you being served" is crammed full of sexual innuendo and double entendres that would never be acceptable in todays TV. EG -

Mrs Slocombe - "What about this fog? My pussy's been gasping all night!"
Mrs Slocombe - "Captain Pea****, I do not respond to any man's finger"
Mr Grainger - "Mrs Slocombe, I suggest you take your underwear down at once!"

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Stitch-I never watched 1 episode of Are you Being Served....but my mom watched it all the time, all I knew was it had a bunch of old people in it, so I thought it was a show geared towards elderly people. (But those quotes are pretty bad) I thought it might be the age range of The Golden Girls...but I guess that show had a bunch of sexual innuendos too....to me though...even still, an innuendo is better than
watching people actually do it on some reality show.

I can't explain it...but even Benny Hill...who was really bad....he doesn't seem bad anymore to me...in comparison to "Desperate Housewives".

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the early 80's they bought the cast of Are you being served to Australia for a season - called "Are you being served Down Under".

They'd never get away with making a tv show like that anymore! And the craziest thing is that it was practically considered a family sitcom!

It's weird isn't it, some things that were considered shocking years ago don't really bother anyone anymore... yet shows like "Are you being Served" and "Benny Hill" which were standard then are considered shocking today.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Stitch-I never watched 1 episode of Are you Being Served....but my mom watched it all the time, all I knew was it had a bunch of old people in it, so I thought it was a show geared towards elderly people. (But those quotes are pretty bad) I thought it might be the age range of The Golden Girls...but I guess that show had a bunch of sexual innuendos too....to me though...even still, an innuendo is better than
watching people actually do it on some reality show.

I can't explain it...but even Benny Hill...who was really bad....he doesn't seem bad anymore to me...in comparison to "Desperate Housewives".

HOw can you compare it to Desperate Housewives ,when you already said in another thread that you don't watch any tv.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well...because I see enough stuff in the previews for Desperate Housewives...and have seen clips of Desperate Housewives on different things, that the previews are so bad...that I can't even imagine what the whole show is like. I read a TV Guide article about it too, and thought how bad it sounded. Plus...that was just 1 of a "Bazillion" shows out there...and I just happened to name it as an example.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched desperate housewife once i din;'t care for it not my cup of tea anyways i am more into sci-fi and ghost shows myself and i never watched the other show either i always thought it was for old people too lol we use to watch benny hill years ago then they took it off hubby has his dvd from the old shows but the thing is after years of not watching it when you do it is not as funny now? i did like the old laugh-in shows and monty python which they still show here on pbs dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to daily annoyances. I carry around 60-80 pounds of equipment when I am out photographing for work. Here I am with a camera shoved to my face...a big camera mind you...a huge bag around my waist, and I find it rather annoying when people come up to me, tap me on the shoulder and ask "what are you doing". I am starting to run out of stupid answers!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell them your playing a photographer in a big Hollywood movie.. Say your real famous and would they mind holding your equipment while you shoot!! They'll be your monkey then you leave!!! [Smile] Try it Ele!!!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a lovely story I have for you all. It is rather disgusting, but a common occurence. I am in the bathroom at a public facility, doing my deed at the urinal and in walks a man talking on his cell phone. He proceeds to do his business right next to me while still holding his phone in one hand and "it" in the other. OK, pretty bad so far, but it gets worse. Now he's done....does he put down the phone to wash his hands? Nope. He continues to yap away and exit the restroom while still holding that phone to his ear. Yes....he has to open the door with his other hand which was holding the "appendage". In other words, please don't ever touch a restroom door or knob with your bare hand. You're only asking for trouble.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Here's a great comedy sketch that expands on your story, 80'sRocked, and then some....

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6NkxI7_Z1VA

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Here's a lovely story I have for you all. It is rather disgusting, but a common occurence. I am in the bathroom at a public facility, doing my deed at the urinal and in walks a man talking on his cell phone. He proceeds to do his business right next to me while still holding his phone in one hand and "it" in the other. OK, pretty bad so far, but it gets worse. Now he's done....does he put down the phone to wash his hands? Nope. He continues to yap away and exit the restroom while still holding that phone to his ear. Yes....he has to open the door with his other hand which was holding the "appendage". In other words, please don't ever touch a restroom door or knob with your bare hand. You're only asking for trouble.

That is why I always leave the bathroom with the paper towel still in my hand...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
That is why I always leave the bathroom with the paper towel still in my hand...

Oh yeah, me too. And if there are no towels, which happens quite often, then I will use my sleeve on my shirt or simply kick the door open!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
Here's a great comedy sketch that expands on your story, 80'sRocked, and then some....

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6NkxI7_Z1VA

Stitch, that was one of the funniest things I have watched in quite some time! Thanks for posting it!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
petty, I do the same thing. If there are no paper towels, I pull my sleeve down around my hand and then open the door. My husband has told me many disgusting stories about men in the restroom. He says they are such pigs.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I even raise my foot up to hit the flusher.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Here is an annoyance- our digital cable just went out. Luckily, one of our tv's is not connected to digital, it is still on basic cable, so my husband is able to watch the Steelers/Chargers game. We pay so much money each month for digital service,yet it goes off at the most inopportune moments. Why couldn't it have gone out at 3 am while everyone is sleeping?
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with you pittsburgh girl we have time warner basic cable here and pay 60 bucks a month and our channels go out all the time and look like crap alot with double images etc.especially channel 4 and that is a local station cbs here? and cable is going up 3 more bucks soon? why? they suck!! pardon my french but we decided we are getting a dish soon and canceling the cable just ridiculous!!! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Our cable just went up $5 a couple of months ago. Where are the congressmen who were supposed to be investigating the reason for the price increases? It went up a total of $10 last year (2008). That's ridiculous. That is $120 per year. Maybe the cable companies are paying off the congressmen now, so they don't get investigated. I don't want the Dish, I've seen to many problems with them.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I even raise my foot up to hit the flusher.......

I use my elbow....
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work with Ivy league school professionals that not only refuse to wash their hands, some of them don't flush! Pigs!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
eeewwwwww now that's just nasty!!!! shame on them!!! that is really gross and pure laziness!!!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home