iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » So I Bought A Slinky.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So I Bought A Slinky....
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Aaaaah, Slinky's and a good yoyo... Life didn't get any better than that...

It had to be a Coca Cola yoyo too...
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YourEyesCanBeSoCruel:
Does anyone know the Nintendo game Kid Icarus?

Kid Icarus rocked! I loved NES back in the day....I would play hours a day on it.

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE IT! I used to have pages in a note book with some of those 4 line codes to get back to the level you were on.

I always get mad and shut it off because I'll start dying in really stupid ways (like trying to jump over something and falling off the edge, you know?)

I think I had the codes written down to the Lemmings game on my mom's old computer too. Yeah. Lemmings. I got to rule them. I miss my mom's like DOS computer with its floopy disc games. Or just like the pre-frogger like thing with the little yellow bird esque guy crossing traffic.

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite games on NES was Rygar. The thing that sucked was the fact that you couldn't save your game. I had to play like 10 hours straight to beat that game. Another tough one(probably the toughest NES game ever)was Ghosts N' Goblins. I sat there for some 15 hours to beat it, and then found out....you have to beat it again to win! Forget that....I was done after that.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I have Super Ghouls and Ghosts I think...I used to watch my dad play it alot. I haven't heard of Rygar though, I don't think. I do have some pretty random games though, like Marble Madness and Festers Quest. They are random but goodies, most definately.
Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite Sega Genesis game just came out for the Wii, and I just downloaded it the other day. It is Earthworm Jim. I love that game. Does anyone remember it?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of Nintendo's Kid Icarus game. The ones I loved to play didn't even have color screens yet. Not exactly the same as my son's PSP, but I had hours of fun with these ones (still have 'em btw [Smile] ):

-

-

-

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I had those handheld games too TKO. I also had a Q-bert game wrist-watch. Loads of fun.

[ 07. November 2008, 20:56: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Qbert puzzle. Those were the days of cool video games. Now everything is guns, guns and more guns. I keep thinking about kids today...and how when we were that age...we played Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, Centipede, Dig Dug, Space Invaders and Asteroids....and what's wrong with those now? Kids say they are boring.

I just was talking to my friend on the phone, she called me to see if I was still alive..and she told me about on the front page of today's paper...they showed a 15 year old girl who tried to poison her own mother by sticking cleaning solution in her milk.

Then my friend was telling me about this kid who was text messenging her son, and harrassing him...through text messages....he was doing it from in school...and they aren't suppose have access to their cell phones, but apparently he would sneek in to the bathroom...I said I don't understand why kids are even permitted to have cell phones on them, and she said I want my kid to have one, incase there is ever a school shooting. Because they happen all the time.

I swear if more kids played with slinkies and silly putty...this stuff would not be happening...to me it is the worst part about living now...is kids have no childhood anymore.

They need to be playing tag outside in the fresh air, with their friends, and riding their bikes to the arcade, and playing football in the yard, and sleeping out in their sleeping bags, and making lemonade stands, and all that fun stuff.

Since I have been sick...and so has my mom, I have been going in and laying on her bed and we talk about when I was growing up...because she is still my mom and thinks she needs to take care of me...and we were talking about different things that happened when I was a kid...and reminiscing about our family, and everything about that time period is so clear in my mind. I said...I barely remember my own child's childhood...but I remember every detail of my own...and even though my kid had a billion toys...I can't picture any toy that he absolutely was attacted to...except he had a little dirt devil sweeper and a Proton Pack from Ghostbusters- those were his favorite things...but I remember playing and playing constantly.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I had those handheld games too TKO. I also had a Q-bert game wris****ch. Loads of fun.

that's the funniest thing i've ever seen.

this site even hates dirty words inside clean words.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Dos anybody remember Dapper Dan? And Dressy Bessy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1970-DAPPER-DAN-11-CLOTH-DOLL-PLAYSKOOL_W0QQitemZ380078372163QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDolls?hash=item380078372163&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C6 6%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A2%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/XmasGift-Playskool-Dressy-Bessy-preschool-teaching-doll_W0QQitemZ300270425375QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item300270425375&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_t rkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A2%7C240%3A1318

YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
ISIS-I remember Earthworm Jim! We didn't have that one but a family friend did so we would just borrow it.

Did you ever have the game Flicky for Sega Genisis? Or The Ooze?

I really love Flicky but my parents friends gave it away. [Frown]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
that's the funniest thing i've ever seen.

this site even hates dirty words inside clean words.

That was too funny....I justed noticed that and had to edit my post....I'm still laughing! Gotta love the auto-editors. Can I type that? I better check [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home