iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Halloween Movie Weekend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halloween Movie Weekend
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Halloween is finally here and I was wondering what treats did everyone save for tonight or this weekend. I actually only worked a half day today to prepare for this evening. The trick or treating starts at 6pm and then I'm heading to a party.

But, I definitely have late night movie marathon plans:

1. Halloween (the original and still the best)

-

2. Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat (I actually saved it until tonight Ali_with_an_i)

-

3. Night of the Creeps (might be the most underrated 80's movie out there)

-

What's 'haunting' you tonight? [Eek!]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that I'm working!! [Frown]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, funny you mentioned Night of the Creeps....that was next on my list.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Burning is on IFC tonight as is Eaten Alive, or something like that. I plan on watching them.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Halloween everyone! I might have to watch Night of the Creeps tonight too, since I own it now, and have never seen it.

Then I'll watch Halloween late tonight...so if I fall asleep...I already know the end of that one.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Thrill Me"

Awesome Isis! It is such a fun flick. Let us know what you think.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Halloween everyone!

Some 60-70's Hammer horror for me tonight.

The Curse of the Werewolf
The Kiss of the Vampire
Twins of Evil
Dracula:Prince of Darkness

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
pettyfan, is "The Burning" the old slasher with Mark Ratner from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll probably be watching a lot of the cable news networks from now through the election. Having a continual dose of McCain and Palin will be frightful. Probably nothing scarier.

[ 31. October 2008, 16:30: Message edited by: Toxic Sammy Hain ]

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
pettyfan, is "The Burning" the old slasher with Mark Ratner from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"?

I know it has Jason Alexander from Seinfeld in it. Not sure about anyone else.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I am watching the remake of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Happy Halloween! I thought some of you might enjoy my pumpkin.

-

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that really your pumpkin?????
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Did anyone know what it was?? Besides you.

I am off here to go watch Night of the Creeps...I'll report back later.

Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we took our daughter to the pumpkin patch where they had huge cut outs you could take pictures in we took pics and bought a pumpkin and went to eat at logans and came home and carved our pumpkin and watched scary movies [Wink] it was a nice nite
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was BLESSED to lose my "live performance virginity" (with two of my 'virginal' friends) of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The midnight show, of course [Wink]

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched Night of the Creeps-I did really like it...I was not sure what to expect when I saw little naked aliens running around at the beginning...I liked the beginning being in black and white. There were moments in it that they just sprung stuff in there out of nowhere...I like when Tom Atkins took time to stop and smell the roses. I thought it was cool to see a poster of Phoebe Cates on the back of their door in their dorm room, and when the one guy was in the bathroom...on the wall it said "Stryper Rules". The special effects were so gross. When their heads split open and slugs came out...that was nasty. It was definately creepy.

Here's something I always wonder about...what ever happens to the entire cast of these movies? They are out there somewhere, and I always wonder how come none of them ever find their way here...because you would think that sometime they might do a search for the 80's B-movie that they were in, and find this place. Some day I am hoping that happens, and that someone shows up here and talks about what it was like being in one of these movies.

After being creeped out...I watched the top 100 Scariest Movie Moments...some of the movies I had never heard of. But, the one clip that freaked me out, was from Rosemary's Baby. I have never seen that movie, except clips of it in the Terror in the Aisles. I never knew how she ended up pregnant with Satan's child....but they showed a scene where she is raped by the Devil, and I didn't know that was in the movie, and what I saw was pretty awful. I didn't know they showed all that in graphic detail.
It reminded me of the movie "The Entity".

I had horrible nightmares all night.

I am sad Halloween is over.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little too much chocolate for my two year old, so he was up a bit later than usual. So my Halloween movie experience was briefly interupted by....The Berenstein Bears Halloween....Aiden really liked it. After he went to bed, me and my wife watched Garfield's Halloween Special. Friends came over later and we watched the original Amityville Horror. I'm always disappointed when Halloween ends, and never end up seeing all the movies I had planned to. I think I'll extend my movie watching into tonight. My wife is working so I think I'll spend my alone time watching Monster Squad, and a couple of the original movie monsters from the 30's - 40's...I have the Legacy series for Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, and the Mummy. After tonight....bring on the Christmas movies!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Kevdugp73-I think I am doing the same thing...I feel like watching another scary movie.

I have the movie "The House by the Cemetery", and I haven't watched it yet...I am not sure what to expect. I feel like I didn't get to watch as many horror movies as I had wanted too either.

I do like to watch Christmas movies around Christmas too...I always think of Lethal Weapon and Die Hard as Christmas movies, because they take place at Christmas.

The first time I saw Home Alone, I hated it...I thought that Kevin had the meaniest family ever, and that he was better off alone than with them, but then I grew to like it. I know someone who has a house that is almost a replica of the house in the 1st Home Alone...I love that house.
Now...every year I watch Home Alone for Christmas.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
and when the one guy was in the bathroom...on the wall it said "Stryper Rules".

ISIS, when I watched this last night and saw the Stryper Rules on the wall, I started cracking up. I was going to take a screenshot of it and post it, but I was too lazy. I loved Stryper back in the day and still listen to them today. I never noticed that before. It was very cool.

For those of you who don't know Stryper:

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Valley-I have another pumpkin question....did you paint your pumpkin black, or is that just the way it looks in the picture?

I watched a show tonight on the Food Channel called "Outrageous Pumpkins", and it was a Pumpkin Carving Contest with the top 4 pumpkin carvers that wanted to do it. 1st prize was 10,000. I thought it was so cool.

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Happy Halloween! I thought some of you might enjoy my pumpkin.

-

Yours or not... That is the [Cool] -est pumpkin I ever saw!
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home