iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Cooking - Whats your "specialty"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cooking - Whats your "specialty"?
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cooking has really gotten good the past few months. I've been experimenting with a lot of new recipes (two favorites are my spinach dip and my ginger-peanut butter chicken)but the one thing I make that is my trademark is my mother's potato salad.

so...whats YOUR specialty?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spicy bronzed chicken and deviled eggs...my dad also liikes my coconut pie, but I don't, LOL.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take out. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I make so many things...

For breakfast ..the things that people love that I make are:

Strawberry Stuffed French Toast (I use croissants)

Pancakes

Caramel Apple Pecan stuffed French Toast

Stuffed Crepes

Blackberry Cream Cheese Danish

Spicy Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents

Chocolate Chip Coffeecake

Hashbrown Casserole

Homefries with Thyme and sweet onions and bacon

I make so many different things...but that's just an example.

Now for regular food...

I make a really awesome salad with a Cranberry Vinaigrette that I was going to bottle and sell it, but I never could find anyone who could formulate my recipe to make it taste the same.

I cook supper every night...so I have cooked just about anything you can think of.

I made broccoli and cheese soup last night, and it is pretty darn good. I made BBQ Ham sandwiches and a salad to go with it.

I am making chicken and rice for supper tonight.

I make really good Lasanga, stuffed shells, spaghetti and meatballs..I make a good grilled chicken salad. I make all kinds of desserts- one of my favorite desserts is my ...Mint Chocolate Chip CheeseCake- it has Creme De Mint in it. I love making cheesecakes.

I make a really good Pizza Spaghetti. I make a good Chicken Noodle Casserole.

I love comfort foods. Like when it's cold, I like to make soups, and fresh breads, and chili and macaroni and cheese.

I cooked 9lbs of Kielbasa for the Halloween party-it was all gone.

I make a really good Apple Cranberry Cobbler.

I bake cookies and cakes and all kinds of stuff through out the winter.

I just got some mixes for us to make Mulled Cider for Thanksgiving...I got a Caramel Apple flavor, and a Cinnamon and Orange one, and a regular cider.

I am making pumpkin creme brulee for Thanksgiving...and I am making sweet potato pudding. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner...every year I try a different recipe with Cranberries sauce, and I try a different kind of sweet potato recipe, and I make a different dessert every year...But we always cook a turkey and stuffing and we always have mashed potatoes and gravy.

I love to cook. It is very relaxing to me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Love Love to cook. Only problem, I only cook for me and my two year old. She doesn't appreciate some of the dishes I make! I originally wanted to go to college to be a chef, but changed my mind at the last minute. Chose art instead.

I love to grill. I would grill out over doing anything else cooking wise though. A steak,baked potato and corn on the cob with a cold beer. I know it isn't a culinary delight, but it's my fave.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, I'm intrigued by the idea of a hashbrown casserole!

I love stirfries, they are a perfect easy meal all year round, they can be cooked outside on the barbie when it's hot.. my favorite is honey soy marinated beef with carrots, capsicum, snowpeas, green beans, onion and hokkien noodles.

And speaking of barbies, I inherited the BBQ gene from my dad. The perfect barbie means cooking the meat just right, not turning it to charcoal. The onion has to be cooked just right, not too soft but not crispy, and the marinated chicken skewers must be cooked on a piece of foil placed on top of the bbq plate so the marinade doesn't stick to the plate.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steak on the grill and believe it or not lasagna. A friend of mine's aunt is originally from Italy. She invited us both over one night for dinner and I got the recipe. It took some trial and error (more error than trial) by me but I think I finally got it just right.

Digiornos are also my specialty.

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch-The hashbrown casserole I make, is easy.

It is 1 can cheddar cheese soup, 1 can of cream of onion soup, 3 oz. cream cheese, and a package of shredded hasbrowns. Bake it for about 35-40 minutes.

Easy, and yummy.

Here's some pictures of some of the things I just was talking about:

-

-

-

-

Here's from last year's Christmas party:

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
Love Love Love to cook. Only problem, I only cook for me and my two year old. She doesn't appreciate some of the dishes I make! I originally wanted to go to college to be a chef, but changed my mind at the last minute. Chose art instead.

I love to grill. I would grill out over doing anything else cooking wise though. A steak,baked potato and corn on the cob with a cold beer. I know it isn't a culinary delight, but it's my fave.

Corn on the cob on the grill is awesome. Anything on the grill with cold beer is awesome too.

I love to marinate a steak overnight and then cook that on the grill. Yummy.

Unfortunately I didn't do any grilling at all this past summer. Had back surgery in May and all I have is one of those little grills that goes about shin high. I was pretty limited on the amount of bending and stooping I could do so my grill never left my closet. I have to make up for lost time next year. Maybe we'll have a warm spell sometime this winter and I'll bring it out.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love to grill pineapple.
EleanorJune
unregistered

Toxic Sammy Hain I am sorry you had to have back surgery. I totally would do the cooking as long as someone did the eating! What do you marinate the steak in? And what woul dbe your beer of choice with a steak? I have to have either a Strongbow, Blue Moon, or Corona.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pot noodles [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
Toxic Sammy Hain I am sorry you had to have back surgery. I totally would do the cooking as long as someone did the eating! What do you marinate the steak in? And what woul dbe your beer of choice with a steak? I have to have either a Strongbow, Blue Moon, or Corona.

usually I marinate my steak in Essie's sauce to make a south american steak(don't think you can get it in many places) which was a specialty at one of the local hotel restaurants.

My brother in law always marinates and grills a turkey for holiday meals. I believe it's his own secret recipe. Now that's one tasty bird.

Corona always works for me and Blue Moon isn't too bad. Not familliar with Strongbow.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

It is a cider beer. Going to pick some up for this weekend. I love it this time of the year.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most things Italian with tomato (red) sauce... Yum!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most things Italian with tomato (red) sauce... Yum!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*chuckles* I know they're not hard to make but I make damn good mashed potatoes. ANd no, not the instant kind. [Smile]
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I got this mix when I was in Williamsburg at the Yankee Candle place...it was to make "Magnificent Mashed Potatoes". We loved them so much...you just make regular mashed potatoes, then you mix in whipped cream cheese and that mix, and they are awesome.

I had to find the company to order more of it...

They have good stuff:

www.harvestthyme.com

Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i make this reall good sausage dish i cook beef sausage potatoes and corn on the cob jalupeans and cheese plus lots of butter all cut up togethe rin an oven bag its really good it doesnt have a name and i make a really good mexican cassarole
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great sounding mystery dish Rainbow!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cook alot but love to bake more hubby loves my peanut butter cookies and zucchini bread, yesterday i made cinnamon apple sugar cookies and beer bread good stuff dee [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cooking is a great passion of mine and amongst the things I make are:

Lamb shanks in a red wine sauce with garlic, rosemary and redcurrant jelly.

Roast chicken with a lemon, garlic and proscuitto ham stuffing

Roast beef with garlic and ginger roast potatoes.

As you can tell, I really like garlic.

I have recently been getting into Indian cooking and have pretty much perfected Bhuna Chicken, Lamb Rogan Josh and Malayan Chicken.

I'm not so good with desserts though but luckily Mrs Noms is exceelent when it comes to baking and her Carrot Cake is legendary...

Nomsaloo [Cool]

[ 03. November 2008, 04:44: Message edited by: NOMS in Real Life ]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow noms you put my mystery dish to shame lol
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

NOMS you don't need to add so much garlic to your food I wasn't going to kiss you anyways [Big Grin]

Seriously though I like garlic too.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dang it NOMS you just made my hunger pangs ten times worse after reading your post.

roast chicken and potatoes... mmmmmmm.

rainbow, i crave mexican food lately because of the pregnancy. otherwise, i cannot stand mexican! hehe. what do you put in a mexican cassarole?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home