iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » R.i.p my Lojal friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: R.i.p my Lojal friend
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It`s been a few weeks now,but calling inn the dogs at nights,there still is always one missing now.And he is often on my mind..

Rex 1992-2008 [Frown]

We never had to bring him to a vet,not once.This was almost expected at his age.He got a stroke,and went paralyzed on one side of his body.Those begging eyes looking at me,he knew something was serious wrong.He couldn`t move around at all and was in pain.

I talked to a vet,but i just couldn't get myself to drag him to a vet for what was about to happen.I carefully carried him out in the sun on his favorite place.Found his favorite meal,and petted him those last times.Minutes later he was gone,never knowing what happened

I lost a treasured friend today The little dog that use to lay His gentle head upon my knee And share his silent thoughts with me.

Rex come no longer to my call Retrieve no more his favorite ball, A voice far greater than my own has called him to his golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears I thank him for the happy years He let Rex spend down here with me and for his love and loyalty.

When its time for me to go and join her there, this much I know I shall not fear the transient dark For Rex will be there to greet me with a bark.

R.I.P my dear friend.

REX

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bandit,

I'm saddened by your loss, but by your words, I know Rex lived a great life with you and that you should be proud of. I'm hugging my dog, Willie, right now.

Thanks.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel your pain Bandit. Pet's are part of the family and losing them hurts just as much. 16 years is a nice long age for a dog and I know you cherished those years you had with him.

My Miikka and Teemu kitties will be getting an extra hug tonight from me.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, hugs to you, bandit. That's so sad. I need to go outside and hug the babies now...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry my friend.... [Frown]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vale REX.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i m so sorry bandit its awful when you loss a pet they become like your fluffy kids [Wink] i feel your pain i m a dog lover i have four furry babies [Wink] so you are in thoughts
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] I Feel Your PAIN BRO...i too am getting over my loss of a GREAT FRIEND...

I know Rex & Cleo may not have know each other...but i like to think those two are in doggie heaven having a goodtime [Smile]

I'm truly Sorry for your LOSS...As Jdoc told me "Just Hang In There"

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bandit,

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your treasured Rex. I too know what it's like to give up on a man's best friend. And it definitely hurts beyond imagination.

I think it was a brave and correct decision doing what you did. I couldn't help but picturing the whole thing with the help of that beautiful outdoor-photograph you once posted. Who wouldn't want to say goodbye on his favorite spot in the sun.. in the presence of his best friend? I'm sure that Rex wouldn't have wanted it any different.

My sincere condolences.. If you should feel like talking or writing about this or whatever, don't hesitate, we're all here for you.

Be well buddy.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bandit-I am so sorry about your loss, that made me so sad to read your story with Rex.

I have never gotten over the loss of our family dog, Teddy. He was an awesome dog, and I still miss him.

Animals are people's families and best friends, and it is a terrible loss.

I am so sorry to hear what happen. I'll be thinking of you.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the kind words.I have another dog as well.When it`s time for him to go,that`s it.I`m done with pets
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
bandit,

I'm saddened by your loss, but by your words, I know Rex lived a great life with you and that you should be proud of.

Thanks.

i couldn't say it any better so i won't.

last year we lost our family dog that we had had for 18yrs. he stayed at my parents house. he had been in bad shape for a while so we knew it was coming. he had a seizure at my parents house. they comforted him as much as they could but they both knew what had to be done. my mother was too grief stricken to even leave the house. my old man told me he wrapped him up in a blanket and took him to the vet. my old man is tough as nails but he got all weepy when he was telling me that Mac was looking at him with those big round eyes while he was saying goodbye. i was devastated the day my parents called to tell me he had passed on. it's just as bad as losing a member of the family. it's the only reason i can think of for not wanting to own a pet because i don't think i'd handle this part well.

again, i'm sorry for your loss.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bandit,

So sad your loss... I think we all share in your pain. My heart goes out to you my friend. Rex lived a good and loved life. He is in a better place now.

- Peace be with you

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh how sad! I really feel for you right now! Be glad you gave Rex such a wonderful life, I'm sure he loved every minute of it!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home