iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Sad News (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sad News
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been all freaked out all day about going to the funeral tomorrow...I don't want to go...I know that might sound awful to some people....my mom is really sick, she has been throwing up all day, and my son is sick...and I just don't want to make him go....and with them sick, I would hate to go by myself. I never have understood the ritual of funerals. I like what Stitch said about laughing and having fun, because you are thinking about the memories of them...and the fun times you had. I think it is morbid to go look at a person laying in a casket dead.

It freaks me out even more, that I have run in to many people recently who take pictures of people in their casket...I was talking about this tonight to someone...and I was remembering about my Aunt and my Grandma....and people were saying at the funeral...they looked really good. My grandma had been sick for years, and was about 80lbs when she died...and she looked awful, but that's what I was use to seeing her look like...when I saw her at the funeral...they had stuffed her cheeks with cotton- to make her face look fuller...and they had make up on her-which she never wore...so I wasn't sure who I was looking at, but it didn't feel like my Grandma...so I don't know how people find comfort in any of that. The only thing I can understand ...is people getting together to comfort each other...if the family and friends are close. Sometimes families are so disfunctional...that at funerals all kinds of past feuding can come out, and it can get nasty and mean, and people start blaming each other for stuff.

I don't like anything about them...I don't like seeing people afterwards fighting over the person's belongings...because that happens alot.

I just feel sick about all of it, because my Aunt use to go to everyone's funeral, and said it was the right thing to do, out of respect...so I don't know what to do.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I skip many funerals....most understand because they know how much I can't stand them.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I wasn't at my own Dad's. It was a really rough several years surrounding the time of his death between me and him, and I didn't want to walk in to a room full of people, where I wasn't sure of what was going to happen...and I hadn't seen him in several years...my brother later told me that it was good that I didn't go, and that I will remember him the way he was when we grew up, which was he was super strong and in great physical shape. The one thing that bothered me about not going...was my high school best friend was there...he came to see me, and was shocked to not see me...and I haven't seen him in 19 years. There were other friends of mine there too....that I was shocked that they showed up...so that bothered me. I live 2 hours away from where I grew up...and I remember the day of his funeral...I was sitting on my front porch , and it was raining really hard, and I sat there bawling my head off, not knowing what to do, and my husband said...don't go and not to put myself through all of it, so I didn't...but I do semi regret it. When I die...I want cremated...and then I don't care what they do to me.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home