iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Favorite Sandwich? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Sandwich?
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the best reuben at an out of the way restaurant in Savannah, Georgia called the Cobblestone Cafe (Cobblestone something). It was grilled and it was absolutely delicious.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best sub I've had doesn't belong to the chains, it's actually these smaller local businesses. The best is Manzo's, they stuff everything they can in them, you get more than your money's worth. The other is the sausage sub at Mommesso's, to die for!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having a reuben for lunch today! Stitch you've got to try one. I'm looking for vegemite right now...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pretty much dont care what kind of sandwich it is as long as it's not... "A greasey Pork Sandwich Served in A Dirty Ashtray" [Big Grin]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
...I was wondering what everyone's favorite sandwich is...

I've had quite a few "Knuckle Sandwiches" back in the day! [Razz]

They're not my favorite, because they leave a bad taste in my mouth, and a horrible aching feeling! Plus, they're not filling! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrashesParties n TheValley:
I pretty much dont care what kind of sandwich it is as long as it's not... "A greasey Pork Sandwich Served in A Dirty Ashtray" [Big Grin]

Simmer down Chet! [Big Grin] Besides, a Reuben is much better tasting!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

9 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is it that I missed a converstaion about food?

I consider a burger a sanwich....that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Love to cook, love to eat! Best burger in my book.......
Perfectly season ground angus...fresh garlic, salt, pepper, a little sage. Sear the outsides, then turn down heat and slowly cook inside. Toast up some foccocia bread, spread some fresh pesto, real hunks of mozzarella, and my grandma's bruschetta. As the burger is finishing up on the grill lay a few basil leaves on the top. Layer it together and enjoy..........

I am totally starving now......and Tyler Florance totally stole this from my family. We have been making this for years, and he sold it to a chain restaurant.

| Site Updates: 9 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there some type of burger in NY that goes for like $40 or more? I'm sure it's probably available elsewhere but that's the first place I heard of it. It's Japanese Kobe beef I think. Devo may be able to shed some light on the availability.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read about a burger somewhere that cost an astronomical amount. It had like black truffles and gold leaf flakes in it. I am not sure how much it cost. I remember laughing and thinking "dang I could get like a thousand burgers from McDonalds for that and feed a third world country"
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw an ice cream sundae that sold for $1,000.

It had gold in it too. I saw a lady buy one for herself for her birthday, and they filmed her sitting there eating it, I thought...what a waste of money.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to admit i don't eat alot of sandwiches but i do like tomato sandwiches in the summer with mayo i also recently tried stouffer's chicken panini's they were good too with chicken and sweet peppers and other veggies i do like wraps too and jubilee here makes a awesome seafood wrap with crab yum dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home