iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canucks.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canucks.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had some turkey, cranberry, pumpkin pie last night. Still stuffed! Just want to shout out to those north of the border. And to those south of the border, you'll have to gear up for next month. It's festive occasions like this that makes me wish I had dual citizenship......
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Riptide. Had a big turkey dinner on Sunday at my parents'...then another turkey dinner on Monday at my wife's parents....I'm 5 pounds heavier...but well worth it......
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turkey is good, even the next day leftovers. Long live turkey! (me not included!) A bit unrelated, but a glimpse of my northern past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVe1NkQA78

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am confused...Thanksgiving isn't for another month. [Confused]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada has their Thanksgiving in October.

Either they're one month ahead of us or 11 months behind us. [Wink]

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh....I thought the whole point of Thanksgiving was to do with the Pilgrims and the Indians, and all that stuff. I actually thought it was an American holiday.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
We are a little earlier with some holidays and events. You have independance day on July 4th and we have it on July 1st. The american presidential election is in November, and we got to the polls tomorrow Oct.14th to elect the new or current Prime Minister. We don't have MLK day unfortunately. And I wish Halloween was a holiday.
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Holidays to all.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Riptide-You should make Halloween a national holiday...all it takes is someone to be first.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know Canadia had it's own Thanksgiving holiday. The only holiday we have here between now and Christmas is for Melbourne Cup. Yes that's right - we take a day off for a horse race!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Isis, you'd be interested to know that there was a campaign to get St.Patrick's day declared a national holiday a few years ago, don't think it worked, but the parade here is big time, not on a scale of mardi gras per se, but the streets are flooded.

I'm liking the fact that Halloween is on a friday this year, very good for the kids.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to our friends the Canucks!!!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
I'm liking the fact that Halloween is on a friday this year, very good for the kids.

Very good for all of us....party and not have to work the next day! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home