iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Do your friends and family know about your love of the Rewind?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do your friends and family know about your love of the Rewind?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was trying to explain the Rewind to a couple of my friends, about how I met Cindymancini. They were like in shock..kind of.. that I have time to even be on a message board. I think they don't really understand it that much. I don't talk about it much in the "real world". I'll say things to my husband...like so and so said this...and he'll look at me funny. My son knows all about the Rewind, because he's in the room alot when I am on here.

Every once and a while my husband will say...what are you writing about? He knows some 80's movies...but he isn't crazy about watching movies over and over...the only movie I have ever known him to watch over and over is "The Big Chill"...and he likes "Ski School", and he likes "I'm gonna get you Sucka"-which I never liked.

I was wondering if anyone talks about the people on the Rewind to people in their real life, and what do they think about it?

Even though there's times that certain people get on my nerves...It still feels like it's a family on here...everyone usually is really nice to each other...I have gotten to know alot of people off the board...but there's lots of people on here that I think it would be fun to meet in real life....I'd be shocked to actually have a verbal conversation with some of you guys...isn't it weird that you can put a voice and even a face to people.

Like I find it weird that I have never heard the voices of many people on here...but when I read things people write I always think that it's like someone actually speaking to me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is funny to think about this kind of stuff. Most times I have to imagine a voice that matches someone's picture, but you can never be accurate with that. There's certain big doses of personality in people's posts that tell a lot as well.`

As far as Rewind, I'm lone wolf, I've encouraged some friends to join but to no avail.`In a way it's kind of nice to have this secret that no one kmows about.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll start talking about things among friends and someone will ask me who I'm talking about... and I say, oh it's a friend on the internet... they all go to forums too but they don't consider anyone on there to be friends like I do with people on here.

I've shown pics of Isis's B'n'B to my Mum, she loves the garden!

Even though I recognise the different writing styles, I don't imagine that I hear voices when I read people's threads, but I do imagine faces. Of course I know the real faces will be nothing like my imagining. I'd go into detailed descriptions but I don't want to accidently offend anyone !!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure I talk about the rewind to people - who wouldn't?

I also have spoken with loads of people on the site, and of course met up with Nick. Some of my friends from real life have spoken with some of my friends from the rewind, and Smayt and I send the odd abusive or festive text message to each other, depending on whether it's a festive occasion or we just feel like abusing the other!

It all helps to remind us that the people we love (and love to hate) on the board are not just usernames, but real people, with real lives and real families, just like ourselves.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch-It's funny...I always call you "my friend from Australia", and I tell my friends if we ever decide to head that direction, that we are headed your way.

I just find it funny that we all are so spread out. Me and Cindy are 2 1/2 hours from each other, it's not like she lives next door...but we have become such good friends, and we get to see each other alot. I have seen her more this year than I have seen my brother.

I always think about when I post pictures on here...would someone that knows me..recognize me ...or my house....but even if they did...anybody that knows me...knows that I am still stuck in the 80's.

I got my hair cut the other day, I wanted to get a perm, but they told me no...that they were getting me out of the 80's...I said "you can take my hair out...but leave the rest of me there." They straightened my hair...and that's the first I have had that done...and I sent a picture to my friend who was my roommate from the 80's, and she said...you look exactly the same as you did when you were 20...she said..you look like you stepped out of the 80's.

I thought..see it doesn't matter what I do...I still am stuck in the 80's.

But....I like it there. I feel so lucky now to be able to talk to everyone here about that part of my life that I miss so much...and that in the real world I have been able to talk to people about the movies and music that I miss so much.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talk to my family about it. My mom doesn't understand the whole "internet" thing, and my brother thinks it's kind of weird talking about the 80s. He dosen't "own" and DVDs because he can't see the point of watching a movie more than once. BLASPHEMY!!! He likes City forums where they discuss, you guessed it, cities... Hey, if I want to live in the past that's my business.

"...and that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair..."

Just so you don't think I'm nutso, this is a quote from the movie "The Jerk". [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I say that same quote all the time. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home