iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Debates (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Debates
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care if she's a soccer mom or hockey mom...or whatever sport...that is incidental.

The fact that she killed a beautiful animal for sport....is a huge problem to me. I have every right on the planet to oppose hunting...just as anyone else can defend it. So, nobody ever better tell me that one issue is any less important than ones they feel are important.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like hunting for "sport" either. Just my opinion.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I should explain myself. I'm merely talking about people hunting what they are going to eat. I never said anything about hunting for sport...and I have the right to defend my opinions as much as the next person. This is why I stay out of politics. That's all I'm saying on the matter except I'll be glad when this damn election is over.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind hunting if you are going to eat it.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I don't mind hunting if you are going to eat it.

Yep, me neither. I don't hunt, personally. I'm not really an outdoors type of girl, LOL.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight appears to be do or die time for McCain. He needs to really do something big in tonight's final debate to start swinging the election more his way.

Here's hoping he fails miserably.

Obama/Biden '08

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shudder to think that you base who you vote for on whether they hunt or not. Like you said everyone has a right to oppose it but that's a small thing to base it on compared to oh say the economy, the war, gas prices, etc. No wonder some people get elected.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McCain definitely didn't get the knockout punch he was looking for. I feel the Obama ticket won all four debates however I felt tonight's was probably the closest on of the bunch
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i read that the number of voters in canada were at an all-time low?? interesting.

i agree sam, i still think mccain tip toe'd into answers and regardless of how many punches obama took, (mccain was dishing them out as best as he could) he didn't flinch one bit.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think McCain won the first half of the debate then he lost the second half. He has some very bad advisers. Looks like Obama will win it. Hold on to your wallets! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Yeah...well me and you agree on something. I said tonight...I don't even know who is running in the Independant party-but that is what I am registered as...and I'll vote for him...instead of either of these 2. I don't think there has ever been an Independant person win an election...has there?

I voted for Ross Perot...he was the only person that I ever thought made any sense, and I figured he was a billionaire ...he must know a few things, and maybe he could lend the government some money. I liked that he didn't take any campaign money from anyone, he paid for his own time on TV too, so he could say what he wanted. I was pregnant with my son back during that election...and had no clue who Bill Clinton was...but I never thought Bill Clinton was a bad president...he balanced the budget...ever since then we went down hill.

Has anyone seen a increase in crime in their area?

My brother told me 2 banks and 2 convenient stores were robbed in my hometown, and there have been several armed robberies around me...it is scary.

Egomania is going to kill us all...that's what is crazy. If everyone would just quit flappipng their mouths about who's to blame, and get to work on fixing it...that's our only hope.

I absolutely think McCain is right about fixing the whole Housing and Lending mess with Fanny May and Fanny Mac- that is a giant mess.

I think Obama is an arrogant egomaniac. John McCain looks so feeble ...like he's going to fall over at any second...neither one of them have a clue about what's going on, they rambled on and on...Tom Brokaw was going to clobber them both...for not cutting down their responses...I left and came back later...and they were still blaming each other for all the problems going on in the world.

I've said as much before, but I think both tickets are incredibly lame. It's the worst I've ever seen. I'm planning on throwing my vote away on the Libertarian candidate, Bob Barr since I really don't know who else to vote for. I haven't been this politically apathetic since I was a kid.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Journey-I said the exact same thing last night. I can't stand either one of them. The fact that Sarah Palin hunts...is actually a small reason as to why I don't want her in there...McCain has so many health issues...he's 72 years old already...if he made it 2 terms he'd be 80 years old. That's crazy that someone that old would be running our country...he has had skin cancer 4 times. He can't lift his shoulders over his head. He actually looks feeble. So, if he dies...she will be our President, and she does not have the experience to run a government the magnatitude of ours. Neither does Obama. I was just sick of hearing them point the finger at each other...and McCain say..you didn't defend me when I was called a racist, and I defended you when people said bad things about you.

The whole night was nothing about the "issues", but each one of them calling the other one a liar.

And you can tell Obama was lying about some of the things that he got caught on, he dodged direct questions, and never gave an answer for them.

I don't like anything either one of them has to say.

The whole Roe Vs. Wade thing, has me so mad...it's like...if you don't want an abortion- then don't get one...you don't have the right to tell anyone else what to do with their own body.
Do we live in a dictatorship? Because our Country is not really a "free" country. All the money we pay in taxes, so that other people can sit on their rear end...is just insane-our whole
entire system of doing things...needs completely blown up-it does not work...and everything needs restructured ...if people can get on welfare-that are healthy- then stick them out in the parks and on the streets and have them clean up their community-make them earn that money some how, because alot of people on welfare- are capable of doing something.

The way Sarah Palin is with guns...is a nightmare waiting to happen. You'll see them arming teachers soon- cause that will come down to it at some time. We have a crazy obsession with weapons and guns in this country. It is ridiculous.

When people talk about hunting because they feed their family...well after they get done buying a gun ( how much are they- $500 and more??), they buy hunting gear, they buy a hunting license, they take time off work....how much macaroni and cheese do you think they could have bought?

Because at one time...I was broke too...and I worked 2-3 jobs and so did my husband, and we never got any help from anybody...and we lived in a tiny apartment and ate macaroni and cheese every night- but we didn't care- cause we were happy...and we knew some day it would all pay off....so I nobody can make me feel like someone is going to starve and die if they don't kill a deer and eat it. By the time your done processing a deer...how much meat do you actually get? Not much- maybe 50 lbs- or so...
Your not going to survive long on that...we do not live in a time period that hunting is even safe for people to be out there in the woods...we have over developed the land...people get shot every year in their back yard. I know at least 4 people who have had someone in their family "accidently" shot during hunting season.
And they all died. So, nobody will ever tell me 1 good thing about hunting.

I am not voting for either one of them...because I don't want to be a part of any of it, when whoever actually makes it in there, gets us all killed in a war.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the hunting to survive topic was talking about times quite awhile back not surviving in an apartment lmao. You never had to survive based on what the land and nature could produce so naturally you'll never understand the reasons some people hunt. Do you eat meat? How do you think it makes it to the dinner table?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I was a total vegetarian for over 20 years, even now ..I eat very little meat...but even when I did eat meat- I never ran outside and killed my own chicken. People are still talking about hunting to survive. Anyone who is that poor , is on food stamps in our country anyway. They are eating better than most people. You are only allowed a couple deer per person per hunting season. Plus, my biggest problem with hunting is people calling it a "sport"....arm the deer with a weapon, and then maybe it will be even. Animals may not be able to talk, but they have feelings, and they know fear, and they feel pain.
Anybody that doesn't have any kind of compassion for life- wether it is an animal's or a person's, I don't want any part of being around people like that. The fact that someone can end a life, without remorse...I don't want a person like that in control of where I live.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Well the "very little" meat that you do eat has to come from somewhere so saying that is awfully hypocritical. Wow more generalized biased statements follow that what a suprise.......
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Is stepping on an ant considered killing? Is it ok to swat a fly with a fly swatter?

I'm not a hunter myself but I understand the need to hunt and approve of the concept of hunting.

My beliefs as a whole are pretty liberal but I still feel a person should be able to own firearms. They don't need an entire arsenal but a person should be allowed to own a rifle so he can kill a deer, own a shotgun to get a duck or pheasant and even own a pistol of some kind to protect his home and family.

With that being said there's still no way I'll ever vote for Sarah Palin, I'm just more in tune with the overall Obama/Biden ticket and that's who will be getting my vote on November 4.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

What he said.....

[Cool]

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Guns don't kill people--people kill people, whether it's accidentally or intentionally. Owning a gun doesn't mean that you're a thug, or a bad person who doesn't care about the safety of others. Believe it or not, and ya probably won't, but people still hunt, not necessarily to survive, but because they enjoy it. Also, one of my good friends' husband hunts...they both are teachers and make good money. So he doesn't hunt to survive and no, they're not on food stamps. IMO, there's nothing wrong with that. Any type of meat you eat, whether it's turkey, pork, chicken, beef, venison, moose whatever, had to be killed first. Maybe you weren't the one who killed it, but someone sure did. And just because someone's on food stamps doesn't mean that they have all that they need. I know people who work at minimum wage jobs to support their families and they get no help from the government. IMO, those people are the ones who need support such as food stamps.
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
...Plus, my biggest problem with hunting is people calling it a "sport"....arm the deer with a weapon, and then maybe it will be even. Animals may not be able to talk, but they have feelings, and they know fear, and they feel pain...

That reminds me when Jesse Ventura was the Governor of Minnesota. He made a public remark saying "real" hunting is when you hunt another human being. Hunters were upset by that!
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That is an interesting statement. I am not saying I am not a hypocrite by eating some meat, and I wear leather shoes (sneakers)- I certainly am a hypocrite on that issue...but, that doesn't mean that I condone hunting. Honestly I can not even think about the whole issue of where meat comes from, or I'd be sick every day. But, I am no way going to think it's cool for people to kill for fun. Do you think Sarah Palin fried up a Caribou and fed it to her family for diner?

That's cool what Jesse Venture said. Honestly I could kill a person before I could kill an animal...because people do things that deserve it...animals don't-they just are minding their own business and trying to survive on this planet too, and thanks to humans...we have managed to wipe out many species of animals because of hunting.

Obama doesn't know what he's doing either, and they both lie...neither one of them has any right to call the other one a liar. They both have had all kinds of things in their past...that should have tainted them from even being given this opportunity. I think it is horrible, that this is all we have to choose from, to lead our country....there has to be more qualified people out there.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

So that means that if somebody has a gun and they are out camping and say a bear corners them, then they should tell the bear "I surrender you can have me" and hope for the best?  You're confusing.  You get your leather shoes and eat "very little meat" through the slaughter of animals which you are against? Either way an animal has died for somebody's benefit be it food or fashion or hobby...
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well...if your out sleeping wear bears live...then if your attacked by one...it shouldn't come as a surprise.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do most of my hunting in the supermarket?

I respect that everybody has the right to own a firearm and to hunt/fish. I myself am an avid fisherman. I don't have any problem consuming dear, turkey buffalo etc. I have never found anyone to take me hunting and show me the ropes. Because of this, I started hunting in the supermarkets. While dear and turkey may be a worthy adversary, I tell you nothing, nothing is more difficult to catch than the "elusive" local butcher on a Saturday afternoon! You have to fight off the other hunters (women) and sometimes you even have to take a ticket and wait your turn! Even when you do get your "shot" at the butcher, that's no guaranty that you will leave with your intended "quarry". Sometimes other "hunters" get there first. No my friends. Hunting is NOT easy! [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i personally would never go into the wild and then kill a wild animal in it's own habitat....just for fun. but that's just me.
now if a bear came charging through the city streets of phoenix, where people can get mauled then i would do my best to protect myself.

but for those who choose to do that.. that's their deal.

back on topic...
i'm with pettyfan.. i'll be glad once this election is over.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

This was from a special Thursday night edition of Saturday Night Live with:

Will Ferrell as George W Bush
Tina Fey as Sarah Palin
Darrell Hammond as John McCain

absolutely hilarious. SNL usually sucks but they always are a winner during election time

Enjoy

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/104432/will_ferrell's_'bush'_gives_tina_fey's_'sarah_palin'_a_strong_endorsement/

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home