iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Best Song to Relieve Stress To (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best Song to Relieve Stress To
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people relieve stress in different ways. I personally enjoy listening to really loud music, playing golf,taking a walk, reading a book, writing, drinking beer, or some sort of odd combination of all. What song(s) do you all listen to in order to de-stress? I'll start my list off by selecting:

Lamb of God--Bloodletting

Everyone listens to different kinds of music to relieve stress so I'm expecting some varied responses....

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my happy songs that I listen to when I'm stressed or need cheering up.. don't laugh but most of them are kind of cheesy.

Mambo #5 - Lou Bega
Bring it all back - S Club 7
Chihuahua - DJ Bobo

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm lucky that a live a pretty stress-free life (knock on wood). I'll know without thinking what the mood calls for at that particular time.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It used to be Limp Bizkit's Break Stuff. Right now it's Psychosocial by Slipknot.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to drink beer and watch Horror movies when Im stressed. I like to do that when Im HAPPY too! And sad. And.....

Well, two movies that habe always made me feel better when I'm blue or in a bad mood have always been GREASE and WILLY WONKA. Maybe its because they're musicals? Maybe they spark good childhood memories?

I also like to watch the cheesy Horror movie SLEEPAWAY CAMP when I'm in a bad mood. It always makes me laugh.

Music? '80s pop. I love to put on stuff like THE SMITHS when I clean the house and sing - not the happiest music in the world but I can do a pretty good Morrisey.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I'm lucky that a live a pretty stress-free life (knock on wood). I'll know without thinking what the mood calls for at that particular time.

Would that be "Knock On Wood" by Aimi Stewart?

Funny song to de-stress to......

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I’m stressed I tend to listen to something nice and quiet, like Piazzolla’s 'Libertango' or anything else from his Tango Apasionado album.
Though to relieve anger or when I’m in a really bad mood, I prefer the combination of a punching bag and some loud Circle Jerks on the background. 'Casualty Vampire' for instance will do the trick.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I destress I need some kind of hazy, atmospheric music like Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil, Dead can Dance, Slowdive, For Against, and the Chameleons. Love a good cup of tea as well.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
Would that be "Knock On Wood" by Aimi Stewart?

Funny song to de-stress to......

[Big Grin]

How'd you know? [Wink]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Down With the Sickness by Disturbed
Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer
Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard

have been good stress relievers for me

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I am stressed (which is rare)...I like Easy Listening stuff....like Christopher Cross's "Sailing".

I like all the 70's classic stuff...like "Baby Come Back"-that song is probably the most played song on my jukebox.

I like to bake when I am stressed. I love just being in my own house, and nobody bothering me...and just to be in my kitchen making something is how I unwind.

I also like to watch movies....including horror movies ....but of course they have to be from the 80's.

I like to do jigsaw puzzles too...when I am bored, and when I just want to do nothing.

And I like to sit in my hot tub...that's a great stress reducer.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
If I am stressed (which is rare)...I like Easy Listening stuff....like Christopher Cross's "Sailing".

I like that song period....very relaxing indeed. Another one is Think of Laura.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...that's from General Hospital....which is the only soap I have ever watched, and I still watch it ...off and on even now.

I think 70's music is really Romantic. I want calm and soothing stuff .... music you take a bubble bath while listening too..light some candles...and that's relaxing.

I have never drank alcohol ever... I have never understood how it could actually relax anyone...unless they drink enough to make themselves pass out.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Song?
"Here comes the Sun" The Beatles
or "Into the Mystic" Van Morrison
and do you know why? because my mom raised me on both of those albums and they both relax me if i'm stressed maybe it's the whole childhood memories and all [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can play my cd player at work which was such a blessing today. Way too much job related stress. However after things calmed down, these two great ,unheralded songs from The The helped a lot. Uncertain Smile and Perfect are like lost 80's classics IMO.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHRISTOPHER CROSS swears the Laura in Think Of Laura is not the Laura from GENERAL HOSPITAL. Im sure THAT p!ssed off a lot of GH fans!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Swept Away is another very relaxing Christopher Cross song. He actually wrote it for an episode of Growing Pains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3dDSy7ixoo

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not everybody needs to drink enough alcohol to pass out in order to be relaxed.

P.S. Good call on Seasons in the Abyss Sam......

Oddly enough anything by Sade relaxes me too....

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well you are a Smooth Operator there Motley
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Not everybody needs to drink enough alcohol to pass out in order to be relaxed.

P.S. Good call on Seasons in the Abyss Sam......

Oddly enough anything by Sade relaxes me too....

Motley, you don't strike me as a Sade kind of man, LOL. [Wink]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Swept Away is another very relaxing Christopher Cross song. He actually wrote it for an episode of Growing Pains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3dDSy7ixoo

I bought a whole friggin' Christopher Cross CD (shh, don't tell) just for that song. I remember the ep it was in, where the Seavers went to Hawaii.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Haha thanks.....
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I had forgotten about "Swept Away", I like it.

I love "Never Be The Same"-that's probably my favorite of his. I love the words to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onRHAwlsSCY

I also love "Arthur's Theme".

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Here's my favourite from Chris Cross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtBqkkkxSEY

oh wait this is from Kriss Kross

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

jump jump..........
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home