iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » friday the 13 remake and new boxset to come (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: friday the 13 remake and new boxset to come
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys [Smile] how does everyone feel about the friday the 13th remake ? i wanna see it it looks like it could be good and i read on the friday the 13th blog that at the scare fest thing they had adrienne king and a few others at the Q and A and they were talking about the new friday the 13th boxset to come out arround the time the movie does it will be restored and uncut movies of i think 1-4 which is good those are my favs of the series. i just wanted to see what you guys think of all of this and i wasnt sure where to post it so [Smile] do u know anything about the dvds isis since you know adrienne
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll watch the remake. You never know til you check it out. If it's no good....oh well. Just don't watch it again. No big deal to me - remakes.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i m really excited about the uncut and restored boxset [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the originals (well, part of one; I know, I'm blasphemous), but I'll probably check out the remake just because Jared Padalecki is in it, ha ha. Way to go, shallow Supernatural fan.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I'll watch the remake. You never know til you check it out. If it's no good....oh well. Just don't watch it again. No big deal to me - remakes.

What he said.

+1

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Lupa, you haven't seen any of the Friday the 13th movies????

Man, that's scarier than any of the movies.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spooka Lupa, Jenson Ackles is so much hotter than Jared Padalecki! [Razz] I'm a Supernatural fan, too. Anyway, about Friday the 13th, sure I'll watch it. I love the horror, and if it's bad, so be it. If it's good I'll watch it again. Surely no Friday can be as bad as Jason X???
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody know when this new Friday the 13th is going to come out? I'm all over that...
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This flick is scheduled to be released on February 13, 2009. Of course it is on a "Friday the 13th".
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that when they first talked about it, Adrienne asked me if I would write to the director of the movie, and ask him to bring her character back. There was a group of her fans who were trying to ask for that to happen. But, I heard that they didn't want any of the original cast members in the new movie. I'll have to look it up and see who's actually doing it. Because it was months and months ago, when Adrienne told me about it. Adrienne is working her way back in to the movies, she just completed a movie called "Walking Distance", you can read more about it on her website:
www.adrienneking.com She also has a My Space page...you can do a search under her name and find it. She really likes staying close to her fans, so she loves hearing from everyone, so send her a message on her myspace, I know she'll get it through there.

I am not sure what I even think about a new Friday the 13th. I never watched any more pasted number 4. They just kept getting so far fetched and weird. I always have said they should have done a prequel to Friday the 13th, based on his mom being the cook back in the 50's and 60's, and do a movie around the time that Jason supposedly drown, because then for years after that...there was weird stuff that happened at the lake that made them not want to re open it.

I still can't believe that 1 year ago this month I was at the real Camp Crystal Lake, and we were talking to Adrienne on the telephone at CindyMancini's. We went to the town that the opening scene is filmed at, we went to the diner that Steve Christie is having coffee at, when it's raining, in that scene...right before he goes back to the camp. And then we actually were at the Lake.

It was really fun driving around the back woods of Camp Crystal Lake. We saw a bunch of deer, and some pea****s (they must have been someone's pets)...but we didn't see Jason.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I always have said they should have done a prequel to Friday the 13th, based on his mom being the cook back in the 50's and 60's, and do a movie around the time that Jason supposedly drown, because then for years after that...there was weird stuff that happened at the lake that made them not want to re open it.

WOW....that would be something. That is a great idea! I can't believe it was never done. Millions would flock to see it.
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
Hey guys that would be a cool idea to have prequel i still think its so awesome you know her lisa that is so cool
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know someone once told me it was never polite to name drop famous people.

I can't remeber if it was Bruce Sprinsteen or Robert De Niro who told me that...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought it would have been cool if they made it that "Crazy Ralph" from part 1 and 2, turned out to be Jason's father. You never know anything about Ralph...and the fact that he was Crazy...and so was Mrs. Voorhees...the combo of those 2 definately could have created Jason.
You never ever know who Jason's father ever was.

They could bring Adrienne's character back too...because you don't see her actually die, you just see her stabbed in the head, and scream, but that doesn't mean she didn't survive.

I thought it would be cool to have her back, and she has a scar on the side of her head. But, I thought if they brought her back, it could be that she is a reclusive artist that lives in a cabin in the woods, near where a new movie would be taking place. Adrienne is a artist in real life. I think the way they should end a new movie is with her beheading Jason...just like she did his mom. I think it would be perfect for her to be the killer of Jason. Then it would all come full circle.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like how Jason gets progressively bigger as the series goes on. In Part 2 he looks like an average-sized guy, but by the time they get to Freddy Vs. Jason he's like a 7' tall body-builder. I also thought he was scarier with the hood than the hockey mask.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I always have said they should have done a prequel to Friday the 13th, based on his mom being the cook back in the 50's and 60's, and do a movie around the time that Jason supposedly drown, because then for years after that...there was weird stuff that happened at the lake that made them not want to re open it.
WOW....that would be something. That is a great idea! I can't believe it was never done. Millions would flock to see it.

that is an awesome idea. i would rather someone made this movie than a remake of the original.

the original was perfect and does not need to be remade. i felt the same way about halloween. how do you have the balls to remake a horror classic? remakes should be left for movies that can be improved. friday the 13th does not fall into that category.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else notice how much taller Michael Myers was in the remade Halloween versus previous Halloween movies? I still say it was Manute Bowl or Gheorghe Muresan playing the role. I actually think a prequel for Friday the 13th would work.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the guy who played myers in rob zombie's version was a big guy, used to have him on my myspace page.
they definitely get bigger and bulkier as the sequels keep coming!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
are u guys gonna get the new boxset?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The new Michael Meyers was at Monster Mania...where Cindy and I met the Corey's. He is a huge guy. He played Sabertooth in Xmen.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll probably pass on this boxset. I bought the Friday the 13th Ultimate Edition Boxset they released a few years back.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
was that boxset any good motley i missed out on it
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I liked it. Here's a link to the cover art and some basic info on the extras.......

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/entertainment/friday13.php

Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
thank you motley [Smile]
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pettyfan- I agree, but he's not in any new movies, so I've gotta settle for Sammy, ha ha. And his FOREHEAD OF DOOOOOOM.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home