iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » We partied with Eddie Money

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We partied with Eddie Money
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This weekend is mind blowing to me and Cindymancini. We can't believe the whole thing, good thing we took pictures.

On Friday morning, me and 3 of our friends got to our hotel, but it was too early to check in, we all just wanted to use the bathroom. So, we pulled in to the parking lot, and there was a tour bus there, and I said...maybe he's staying here...but they didn't think so. But, when we were checking in...everyone left me to use the bathroom, while I got directions to the place the concert was...and the girl at the front desk, said "Eddie Money" is staying here. I said is he here now, and she said yes, that he was laying down with the band. So, I ran down the hall to tell everyone, and they thought I was joking...I said maybe we will run in to him. So, I went to the bathroom, and while I was in there my son calls me, and I was talking to him on the cell phone ...and everyone else was in the lobby...or we would have left..by then. When I came out of the bathroom, I asked my 3 friends to stand in front of the fireplace for a picture, so they turned around and let me take a picture of their butts ( it is kind of a tradition)...so they turned around to take a normal picture, and these 2 guys walked right behind me, and they were laughing at us goofing around...my one friend, says...that's him!. So, I turned around and saw him, and I said let's go talk to him...so we ran out to the parking lot, my friend says "excuse me sir"...and they stop. It's Eddie Money and his manager. I said , can I get a picture. And he says "Sure". So, I run over and give him a hug, and he says "I am married, but I am not happy." We start talking to him, and my 2 other friends come out...and we tell them we are going to the concert, and we have another friend coming, and she's meeting us later (cindy). I told Eddie that Cindymancini's favorite song is Shakin, and he tells us to meet him after the concert, that he'll be signing autographs for the Pediatric Aids Foundation, and he'll give us a good deal on some t-shirts. He asks us what songs we want to hear, I said I had seen him in concert a few years ago somewhere else, and I said... I love the song "I'll Get By", I said, but you didn't play it. He said...yeah, we don't do it any more, I said "I love "Endless Nights", so he said he'd do that one. (And he did, and he told the audience about meeting us in the parking lot). Anyway....he did ask us for a cigarette, and we said none of us smoked, and he said good for all of you. His manager...was super nice, he took a picture of us with my camera, and my friends camera. Eddie had cut himself shaving and his neck was bleeding, and I leaned in beside him and my friend leaned back so it covered it in the pictures.

So, after that...we got in the car, and drove out in front of him, and we beeped and waved, and they did the same. We went shopping and to lunch and toured a mansion, and then I called Cindy and told her and she was in the store buying a CD for him to sign, and she freaked out. We told her she'd get to meet him.

We went back to our hotel...and the manager-who we got to know on a first name basis, he was in the lobby...and we thought maybe he was in the room beside us, because it was the presidential suite...and he said no they were on the 3rd floor. Cause he asked me what room number we were in. He said Eddie was sleeping and he had to wake him up soon to get going, he told us when we got to the concert, to look for him, and wave, and if it was possible, he'd get us backstage. But, when we got there it was too chaotic ...but the girl who seated us, said that they must have known we were coming, and they said for us to wait until after.

The concert was awesome, his daughter Jesse was there , and she sang with him. He threw guitar picks, and I got hit in the head with 2 of them, and one landed at my foot, and the other at my friend's feet. We could not believe it. So, we each have one.

We stood in line after the concert and his manager came over and talked to us, and by then Eddie was totally out of it, he had been drinking alot on stage...but he remembered us, and he remebered that we said our friend loved the song "Shakin"....and he stopped everything to hold Cindy's hand, and told her how beautiful she was, and I did take a picture of him signing her CD. He was behind the tables, and wasn't taking pictures with fans, but they put us off to the side, and we waited...It didn't take long...we had some drunks hitting on us ....but we got to talk to the security guards.

At the end the drunks were getting out of control, and they wouldn't let Eddie go, and Eddie was dazed and confused...but as soon as he saw us...they sat him in a chair and let us sit around him...and get pictures, and all the fans that were left...started taking our pictures.

It was crazy. The security guards did kick a guy out, they pinned his arms behind his back, and pushed him out. Our cars were the only cars in the whole place. So, that was creepy. Because the one guy was wandering around, and I almost hit him.

But, when we got back to the hotel...we went to the vending machines, and Eddie's drummer was there getting ice, and we told him that it was a great concert, and he stopped and talked to us for 20 minutes about all kinds of cool stuff. He said they were leaving in 1/2 an hour to go on the bus, to do another show the next night. Then they were flying back to California this morning. It was so cool to talk to him, he was really nice.

He had been with Eddie clear back to when Eddie was Eddie Spaghetti , and went by another name too.

When the band pulled out....2 of my friends had opened their window to their room, and waved and talked to them some more through the window.

It was the coolest thing ever. It could not have been more perfect.

We all were in shock over it.

I am going to post some photos.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the photo of us in the parking lot, it was raining:

-

Here's some other pictures:

-

-

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 -
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, you guys are like the dynamic duo having so much fun. You need your own show where you travel across the country meeting 80's celebrities, obscure and famous alike. Love the pics!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet....in the right place at the right time.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else think Eddie Money looks like Bernie from "Weekend at Bernie's" in those pics?

Isis, exactly what were you girls up to on your trip? ha

Great pics and cool that you got to hang with Eddie Money at the concert.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Does anyone else think Eddie Money looks like Bernie from "Weekend at Bernie's" in those pics?

Give him a mustache and I can see it. Looks like Eddie is a pretty relaxed guy. [Smile]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I thought Eddie was starting to look like Abraham Lincoln.

I forgot that the Manager of the whole Place we were at, he came looking for me....because I had talked to him on the phone when I booked the tickets, and he wanted to meet me, and he asked if we had a good time, and we talked to him for awhile, he's the one who brought some of the security guards over to talk to us, one of them lived near Cindymancini...He was not too shabby looking either. All of the security guards were huge. Eddie's manager was really nice looking, and really muscular. I kept grabbing him by the arm, and talking to him. When we went to leave...my friend gave him a brochure for my B & B, and said to come see me, he is an alumni of the college near me...so he said he might just do that. He gave her his business card with his email on it, so I am going to write him and tell him thank you for everything.

The other thing that was so cool....when we were leaving to go to the concert...we came out in to the lobby, and there was a guy there...and he said "Hello Ladies!"...he was totally smashed. I asked if the front desk guy could take some pictures of all of us together, and that guy said...let me do it, and took my camera. Then he went and moved all the furniture around, and he moved these pumpkins and all their decorations around, to put them in the picture. He was a goof. He was laying on the floor taking our picture. I have a certain way I take pictures, and I was telling him where to go and he said he'd stand on his head if I asked him to. So, then he followed us out in to the parking lot, we took a picture out there...we finally had to get the camera off him, because he wanted to stay with us. He said be careful on the raods, cause there were alot of drunks on the road, like him.

It was pretty funny.

We were wondering about "Mrs. Money". Her name is Laurie, they have 5 kids, she use to be Miss Nashville. We were wondering what she looked like, and were wanting to find a picture of her, but I haven't found anything.

Eddie is 59 years old. He told us he was sorry for getting older, we said don't worry about it, we are old too. Haha.

He grabbed my one friend at the end, and planted a kiss on her check, and hugged her....and she said...I am never washing my check again". haha.

I had my arm around Eddie Money! hahaha. I still can't believe it...I hugged him too. It was so cool.

I am never going to forget the whole thing.

Riptide, that is funny about the thought of us hanging with all the 80's people.

Joanna Cameron...the real Isis...It was her birthday on Sept.20th, and I talked to her, she had an offer to come in the spring close to where we are, and if she does it...we will go hang with her...and we can meet anybody then...so that would be awesome. It would be one of those convention type things.

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my pic with Eddie...

The man gave us some amazing tunes...for Shakin' and Take Me Home Tonight, I'll be forever grateful!! He was nice...told me I was beautiful...hahaha!! Gotta loves it!!

-

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well he has good taste in women then. Cindy is hot.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
holy cow you always have the best luck [Wink] so awesome
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My concert going is so dull compared to you guys, you make it an event, so nice to see that. Isis, it would be amazing if you could pitch a show to some network, you and Cindy coax Michael Scheoffling out of hiding or something.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Cindymancini actually knows where Michael lives...we really should plan a tricker treating night for Halloween, where we go knock on his door.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That's crazy you located him. Over the weekend I bought the three special editions Hughes movies in nice red metal tin shaped like a locker. Didn't open it yet, but kind of hoping he makes an appearance on the Sixteen candles extras.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you all had a good time. Looks like Eddie Money is about partied out lol......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the same thing Motley. Looks like he's on the back end of a whole week bender.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you! You guys would be fun to hang out with... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Really great stories indeed. If anything, you all made Eddie feel young again like back in the day with all his fans and groupies.
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe a bit of it...ISIS and Cindy, you guys are really great with photoshop, but I can tell the pictures are fake....OK....so they look real...........I'm jealous........very glad you guys got to meet one of your 80's idols....some very cool memories indeed.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Really great stories indeed. If anything, you all made Eddie feel young again like back in the day with all his fans and groupies.

Wow...us as groupies...now that's funny!! I am glad ya'll are enjoying the pictures from yet another of our 80's escapades [Smile] !!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Great pictures. I think Eddie's had it at the autograph table, though.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Eddie's drummer that we talked to ...his name is Glenn Symmonds....you can read about him on Eddie's website:

http://www.eddiemoney.com/band.htm

But...we aleady knew all of his bio, from him personally- [Wink] [Big Grin]

He was really nice, I just sent him an email.

Eddie was such a goof at the autograph table, he was doing some vulgar guestures with some of the women....like with his tongue...and some of the girls were pulling their shirts down for him to sign parts of their body....but as soon as he saw CindyMancini...it's like he turned in to a normal person...briefly.. and he was very respectful and treated her totally nice, and then he went right back to his "other" self.

It was like Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
OMG! Glenn just emailed me back! How cool is that....he said we were awesome and how nice we all were. He said what a pleasure to meet a nice group of gals that weren't drunk and obnoxious! They are coming back near us in a few months...we might just have to be "on the road again". [Wink] [Big Grin] He asked me for more info about my B & B. Wow! Now I am really excited.
He was super nice.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home