iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Aussie Rules Grand Final

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aussie Rules Grand Final
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone watch it today? I think it airs on sports channels around the world.
The footy Grand Final day is such a big event, my work even finished at 2pm today because of it!

Sadly I didn't like the result, in that the Hawthorn Hawks beat the favorite Geelong Cats, but it didn't really matter coz my wonderful team, the North Melbourne Kangaroos were nowhere to be seen boohoo...

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What sport is this? [Confused]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch this on Saturday mornings [Smile] never followed it, but its like this; American football: soft, Rugby: quite tough, Australian Rules football: mentalist.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked - it's Aussie Rules football!

Kash, very true, I have to say that American footballers are pretty soft compared to ours. We don't have need any padding!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for filling me in guys. Unfortunately, I don't even watch American football. I'll stick with my baseball and hockey. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to say that american football is soft, in comparison to anything, is probably one of the most ignorant thoughts i've ever read on any message board. and i would guess it was made by someone who's never played the game.

those pads offer some protection, but there is nothing that is going to soften the blow of getting walloped by 250 to 300lb guys running at you full speed.

i guess all those concussions and broken bones you read about are easier to absorb because they wear pads.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The comments are that it is soft COMPARED TO rugby and Aussie Rules football (Gaelic Football too actually) where guys get hit by 250 to 300lb men running at top speed where the only protection they have is a shirt and a pair of shorts.

I agree that American Football can hurt but I reiterate it is deemed soft IN COMPARISON...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! We don't wear ANY padding when we play ping pong (usually)... Does that count? [Big Grin] Heheee...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Hey! We don't wear ANY padding when we play ping pong (usually)... Does that count? [Big Grin] Heheee...

Maybe YOU should Jdoc considering that you broke your leg while fishing. [Wink] [Big Grin]
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Originally posted by jdocster:

quote:

Maybe YOU should Jdoc considering that you broke your leg while fishing. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Might not be a bad idea 80'sRocked! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home