iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » baby teething any advice?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: baby teething any advice?
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello guys [Wink] i m back and i m in need of some davice my daughter is six and half mnths old and starting to teeth i v gotten teething rings and oragel any other suggestions that worked on your little ones?
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you should start drinking heavily and find a "happy place"

unfortunately i have no real advice. i have a 4 yr old and 15 month old and the only thing my wife and i did was the orajel on the gums and some baby tylenol. my 4 yr old wasn't so bad, but my 15 month old was a nightmare. he's now starting to get more teeth but so far he hasn't been too bad.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do a search on the internet for advice on teething. You have to becareful about what to give a baby, so it doesn't choke on anything.

I know that when my son was a little older, he chewed on a frozen bagel. People might tell you to do that now too...but I wouldn't do that with a baby that little...because of choking.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Take it back and get a new one, the new ones are always more expensive."

Actually, I have no advice on this issue, but just wanted to say hi.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did the traditional frozen teething ring, orajel on the gums, and baby tylenol drops as well. sorry, i can't think of what else you could use.... i'd try what isis said - look online and see if there's anything else you can do. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
"Take it back and get a new one, the new ones are always more expensive."

-
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys [Smile] its so nice to be back at the rewind i so missed it
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my daughter was teething, we gave her those homeopathic teething tablets. You can get then anywhere. Walgreens, CVS, I even found them at a Walmart once.

We also would rub her gums with a clean finger very firmly, but not hard enough to hurt her or him. The pressure from your finger helps the tooth break through the gums, and then when your done, the pressure from it trying to cut through is gone. My pediatrician was the one who told us to do that.

Good luck, nothing is a cure all for teething! Good luck!!

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
i ll have to try that with my daughter [Wink]
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got nothin that's not already been said...my son just turned two, so I went through this not long ago...used baby oragel and tylenol....he also liked chewing on a cold wet face cloth...you can even stick it in the freezer for a bit...watch for rash and fever. Me and my wife had to "tag team"...you would feel so helpless and frustrated cause you can olny help to some degree...quite frustrating, so I reccomend trading off when you can. Wishing you well.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home