iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Dancing with the Stars

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dancing with the Stars
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight was the first episode, I thought they did really well. I didn't know many of the "celebrities", so I wasn't sure if I would even care to watch it, but I always like watching the dancing...and they usually play alot of really good music, alot of it is stuff I haven't heard before, or they will remix or play a bunch of older music.

Is anyone else watching it?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen this show.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a happily married man, but the only other woman I'm allowed to freely pronounce my love for is Brooke Burke....I'll watch til she's voted off [Eek!]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen this show. I ask myself THIS when it comes to these singing/dancing "Is this something you would watch your neighbors do?" and if the answer is "No" then I avoid the Reality Shows.

I laugh at what passes for a "celebrity" in a lot of these shows!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been watching it.. i love to dance.

i felt bad that ted was voted off last night. he can dance way better than kim kardashian and cloris. but the viewers voted and people obviously wanna see more of kim's ***. haha
what do you think isis?

i think this season has a great cast...wayyyy better than the last cycle.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed last night....I had a guest walk in off the street and I was busy talking to him, and I didn't see any of Dancing with the Stars.

Bummer about Ted, because I just looked him up on imdb yesterday to see how old he was, because I thought he looked really good, and has aged well, and I wanted to see him stick around too, because I thought he really put an effort in to everything.

People are probably voting for Mark Ballas (Kim's partner)...and not for her. Mark was last season's winner, and so he'll probably help her out with votes.

I didn't like last season's cast. I do like this season alot. The 2 football guys-they are cool. The one guy who is the heaviest...he keeps saying "fatboy can dance"...he sure can. That amazes me.

Cloris Leachman is hysterical, I was laughing so hard at her, how goofy she was...and I haven't laughed watching anything on TV...in forever...this is the type of stuff that should be on more, and it goes to show why those people ever were on TV in the first place- except for Kim Kardashian...there's nothing even slightly interesting about her.

I honestly thought Susan Lucci would get voted off before Ted. But, that's where some of it isn't really based on dancing ability, and has alot to do with your fan base...because Susan has all those soap fans that call in for her.

I think they really have a good variety of people this time. I actually like Misty May alot, and I never even heard of her before this...I am glad she is paired with Maks- I think he is cute...he wasn't on the last season. So, I am glad to see him back.

I really like all the dancers. I think Derek and Juianne Hough are about the most adorable brother/sister pair ever...(at least since Donnie and Marie)...I think they should really have their own Variety Show like Donnie and Marie, because they both are so happy all the time, and Julianne can also sing, and was just on tour. So, I think they could make quality TV now, if they just had some good writers, and actually made the stuff , people would watch it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I'm a happily married man, but the only other woman I'm allowed to freely pronounce my love for is Brooke Burke....I'll watch til she's voted off [Eek!]

Back off she's mine!!! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Brooke Burke and my sister-in-law look a ton alike. I actually like Brooke Burke too, and hope she does good...she seems really sweet. And she's had 4 kids, that is amazing.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brooke Burke is perfection.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Brooke is doing great...glad that her and Derek made up...that whole thing has to be so intense and stressful.

That was a shame what happened to Misty May Trainer ...I loved the Dance that Edyta and Maxim did tonight.

Kool and the Gang was on tonight, and when they performed and the dancers came out...I felt like I was watching Solid Gold. It was really cool.

I wish that they did more stuff like this on TV...this is the stuff that I think is missing.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cloris is still in this?
that's bugging me to no end. the couple who went home last night deserved to be there way more than she does.

i wish she'd go home.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I ask myself THIS when it comes to these singing/dancing "Is this something you would watch your neighbors do?" and if the answer is "No" then I avoid the Reality Shows.

You have a list of stuff you would watch your neighbors do??? [Eek!]

The UK version (Strictly Come Dancing, named after the movie and an old UK TV show from years back) has been going for a season or two longer than the US show. A couple of the judges (Len and Bruno) jet across from London to LA and back to do both shows for 3 months.

We have a few excellent celebrities this season, notably Austin and Tom for the men, and Cherie, Rachel and Christine for the girls. The winner for us will be somewhere from that list, I'm pretty sure.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My neighbors aren't anyone I'd want to watch do anything...no matter what it was...certainly not dancing. Ick. The only thing I have ever seen them do, is sit on the front potch and drink beer...so once you've seen that...that's all your going to get from them.

The thing with Cloris...is people think she's hysterical. Sometimes she is down right raunchy in the way she talks, but other times she actually is funny...and you don't know what she's going to do...the fact that she's 82...and that flexible...she can get her leg up there pretty high...that's pretty good. So, she does have the senior citizens rooting for her.

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
Cloris is still in this?
That's bugging me to no end. the couple who went home last night deserved to be there way more than she does.

I wish she'd go home.

Cloris is to "DWTS" what Sanjaya Malakar was to "American Idol" last year! [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched it tonight....I am glad they replayed it from last night, because I missed it-I was at a garden club meeting....I loved that they did 4 new dances...including the Hustle and the Jitter Bug. Those songs and that music ...really bring back the 70's and 80's.

They did a special dance routine for Macy's 150th anniversary, it was called "Dancing through the Decades. They did the 30's, then the 50's, then the 80's- the 80's was so cool...then when they got to the "Future"...they totally lost me...because it turned in to robotic type stuff, and it really wasn't dancing.

Did anyone else see it?

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched it last night, and Carrie Ann said that it made her upset that Cloris Leachman was still around, and that she kind of was making a mess out of the whole dancing thing...and good dancers like Toni Braxton were eliminated.

I don't think that is right...because Cloris Leachman is 82 years old, she has a limit on how much real dancing she can do, so she is working at entertaining people instead, which she is doing that....I can't even believe how much stuff they have done with her-last night her partner grabbed her by the leg and swung her through the air.

They picked Cloris as a guest...so if she is still around it's because people voted for her, and it's not right to put her down because she is still sticking around...people want to see her, so that really bothered me...because I have been watching Susan Lucci...and she thinks she is really a good dancer,but she is about as stiff as a board and she has no timing and no coordination, and she has been complaining about Cloris being around longer than she thinks she should have been, and that's being a poor sport.

None of it is really fair...because there are people that come on there...like the one guy cook that just left...I thought he tried really hard...and he did better than Susan, but nobody knows him...so just because Susan has a bigger fan basis...that isn't fair either.

The whole thing should be for fun...they are taking it a little to much to the extreme, and I don't like that. This show is the only thing I watch on regular TV.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here's the Group Dance from last night.

I love Rob Base's "It takes Two".

Look how out of sync Susan Lucci is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNM1K0mkACU&feature=related

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home