iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Halloween Party-2008 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Halloween Party-2008
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have already been planning my Halloween party for this year. It takes me weeks to decorate for Halloween. It is pretty insane here.

This year I am doing a glamorous/pretty Halloween instead of a spooky one. I am going to decorate my food table...by tiering boxes, and covering everything with glittery fabric...and lights....and feather boas.

I am going to have a "Candy Bar" for the dessert table...I am going to take all kinds of glasses- like margarita glasses, goblets, champagne flutes, wine glasses and fill them with all kinds of assorted candies. I am going to make mini cupcakes.

I ordered a lighted punch fountain from Amazon, and I am going to take these cute glittery looking pom pom spiders and hang them with florist wire off the punch fountain to make it look like they are jumping out...

We are going to put buckets of dry ice around my house...to make it look spooky.

My mom just brought me home this awesome new Halloween decoration, that is a cool pumpkin, he's really shiny...and the top pops up on him, and a ghost rises up out of it.

I just had a new stray cat show up at my house...2 nights ago...she's a kitty still..she's orange and black and white. I am keeping her...I have to take her to the vet...there's something wrong with her neck, she doesn't seem in pain, I just think she has a deformed neck...but she's got this Halloween look to her, so she's perfect for me. I think I am going to name her Willow. I was thinking of naming her pumpkin, but that's a bit much.

I am saving the movies : The Night of the Creeps and The Boogens and Curtains to watch after the party.

I bought Halloween- Booooooo-poly, and Halloween Yatzee.

I just got a bunch of new fall candles from Yankee Candle..I love them.

I love this time of year!

So...what do you guys think so far?

Any suggestions?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...and we are building an cool Victorian Gazebo in 2 weeks, and it's going to be decorated really cool for Halloween....I am so excited...I am going to do the bobbing for apples in it...I painted a washtub with the witch from Snow White at the bottom, and I painted apples all around the sides of it. Everyone who does it...will get a caramel apple...all decorated with gummy worms and chocolate apples with orange and black M & Ms. I love making those.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it's a glamtastic theme this year eh? Sounds really posh what you got planned. With the table decorations is there a fall/harvest theme? You are going to love Night of the Creeps, do you have Mr. Boogedy and Pumpkinhead too?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
No...I don't have either of those movies...I never even heard of Mr. Boogedy. Is that good??

I already am decorated for Fall. This weekend I worked around my house...I have white and orange lights everywhere, and fall leaf garland around everything. I planted assorted mums everywhere.

Since I have a B & B...everything I do is for my guests too.

I am doing the pumpkin carving contest for the public. I give out 3 cash prizes. I line them up along the big stone wall in front of my house, and people can drive by and see them. We judge them at the contest.

My really good friend has a fear of skeletons and creepy stuff....because her son died 4 years ago of colon cancer...and she watched him deteriorate...and that stuff is too much on her...so I decided...Halloween doesn't have to be creepy to be awesome. That's where the glam stuff came up from.

I already started planning a menu...

So far...I have:

Pumpkin Praline Dessert Dip with Ginger Snaps

Cheese Slaw (which is shredded swiss cheese, mayo, fresh jalapeno peppers and banana peppers-it is awesome stuff), I am taking a purple cabbage and hollowing on the center and putting a face on the front of it, and putting the slaw inside it.
I am serving that with sesame bread sticks.

I am making a Harvest Veggie dip and assorted Veggies.

I got really cool Halloween shaped Pasta...it's shaped like pumpkin and fall leaves...I am making a pepperoni pizza casserole thing.

I am making this Orange Julius dessert.

I am making Black Bean Salsa with orange and black tortilla chips.

For my birthday I made a bunch of new stuff I never did before...I made Cranberry Meatballs, and I made Italian Cheese Pinwheels, and I made baked Brie (which I have never had ever-but everyone loved it)- it was topped with a kind of sauce that I made with brown sugar and dried apricots and rosemary.

I love trying new recipes.

I have a party to do coming up in a week...and it's a preview to my new catering business..I am excited about it.

I have lots more Halloween recipes to add.

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez I think I'm going to have to come to your house for Halloween, Isis. I can never get anyone in my family excited about Halloween. Usually I buy some candy for any kids that happen by and just have a horror movie marathon. I have a few movies I've been saving. One cool thing is that Halloween falls on a Friday this year - that hasn't happened in a few years. I always thought Halloween ought to be on the last Friday of October instead of on the 31st. That way the kids can have their parties and costume contests at school, come home and trick or treat and not have to worry about school in the morning; and adults could stay up late and watch scary movies or party late into the night without having to sweat work in the morning (well, the majority of the workforce anyway).
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow ISIS....you really are a party girl. How many parties do you have a year? Sounds like it will be fun.

My invitation must have got lost in the mail. [Wink]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I do a bunch of parties...

I always do Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day and the 4th of July.

I usually have friends here for New Year's Eve and Easter and Thanksgiving too.

They are expensive....but I figure...you get 1 life...and you can have an awesome party on any budget.

Right now I am working on catering parties with a friend...we already have several booked.

I have to do one next Thursday....plus then I have to make all the food for next weekend for 3 couples that are staying here...while I am at the Eddie Money concert...so that could be crazy.

I have some cool inflatable Halloween yard decorations....

I just ordered my party invitations today...

I ordered feather boas.

It takes me weeks to decorate.

I started working on my upstairs hall way...I have a long way to go...but these are the Halloween villages that I started collecting...I just started collecting them a few weeks ago...and that's how many I have already....

I love them....it looks so awesome...in the dark...because I have purple lights everywhere.

I am outlining my walk way with purple lights...

-

-

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am obsessed with Halloween(Isis, you already know this). I have a party every year too. I got married on Halloween so its a special day for me. Isis you'll have to post some pics for us when you're done decorating!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 -

I live for Halloween....I don't know why....I just love everything about it.

We do stay up all night and watch horror movies.

My dream would be to open an all Halloween amusement park...

with a big giant Octopus, and the most coolest Haunted House that you go through on gondolas, and even like the tea cup ride...how cool would that be if those were pumpkins that you sat in.

It would be awesome to have a whole Halloween Graveyard through the woods, that you drove those old cars around through it. You know like the old fashioned ones, that you control the gas.

You could have a Halloween mini golf course.

I said to my son...if I was a millionaire I could be a billionaire...because I would definately design goofy stuff like that.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far out, at least someone I know doesn't mess around when it comes to Halloween. It's too bad it isn't an actual holiday, give everyone some time off for gorging on all that candy!

Isis, you might like Mr. Boogedy, I think it was a TV movie, the father in Licence to drive is in it. Something tells me the wife is too. A bit silly, but fun.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Richard Masur? I like him.
I'll try and remember it.

Ali-I will post pictures...I haven't been on the Halloween website. I should. I have a bunch of new things for Halloween.

I got these cool lights today...they look like cauldrons that hang from chains...they have a fan in them, and it blows air up and there is material cut like fire flames, and orange lights reflect on the material to make it look like real fire.

I am going to hang them on the entrance to my Gazebo.

They are so cool.

EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS,
I have a friend who is obsessed with Holloween like you! Her and I work together. She had this weird thing about her though, she doesnt start celebrating or decorating to October 1st. I saw her hand drawn "plans" for our office. We work in a photography studio and we all have a joined offices. It looks pretty neat. I tagged along with her on her annual halloween shpping trip. Didnt realize it was an all day event! I should get the two of you together! haha I would love to see photo's when it's all done!

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow your party sounds amazing this year wish i could come lol [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Thanks...

I actually have a "system" of the decorating too.

I start by working on the inside of my house...I bring down at least 2 totes full of Halloween stuff every day and start putting it out. Next week after I get through this weekend with the Eddie Money concert and a ton of people here...then I will go full blown Halloween.

I have so many lights around my house right now...it looks really cool. I outlined my entire walk way in purple lights. I outlined my pergola in white and orange lights. I did the front porch in orange lights. I outlined my balcony in orange lights. I outlined my fence with orange lights and pumpkin garland.

I put orange lights in all my shrubs and in some little trees.

At night....it looks so cool. I have those window silhouettes in my upstairs windows. I actually just came out of my attic with a new batch of stuff to stick out. I can't believe next Wednesday is the 1st of October. I have no clue what happened to September.

I will definately take pictures...alot of times the lights don't show up though...

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night shots of the house with all the lights on would be cool to see.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a giant fan myself....a semi close 2nd next to Christmas. I love decorating for Halloween as well, but am on a tight budget. I have a life size wooden coffen that me and my Dad built, in addition to 5 or 6 wooden headstones.....lots of bats hanging from trees, black cat, large rat, and a crow, picket fence, and spooky trees. A quick story about my Halloween tree...I went into a certain section of woods to cut down an old dead thorn bush/tree...ummmmm.....I was wearing my sandals (wasn't planning to do this) and "stubbed" my toe. It kinda hurt, though not too bad, but when I looked down, the toenail on my big toe was standing straight up...right from the bottom...the entire thing. Had to go to the hospital so they could finish ripping it off...only 3 needles to freeze it....OUCHHHHHH! I ended up leaving the friggin tree behind...but limped down 2 days later and dragged it from the woods. PS...my toenail grew back just fine!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice story Kev. Brings back memories of when I got a huge splinter stuck under my fingernail and I didn't want to go to the doctor to get it removed. I ended up cutting my entire fingernail off by myself with a utility knife. Ah....the memories. [Wink]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I bought a bunch of halloween stuff today at the Dollar store. Really starting to get into the spirit. I just finished off some pumpkin pie tonight, god I love that stuff! Speaking of which I need some pumpkin advice, for years I feel cratively spent on pumpkin designs, maybe someone could gov me some fresh ideas?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Those are some "horror" stories.

Here's my story from last night:

The guy that came to my house last night...he came here out of the blue...as a guest..and I could not believe it...because I was working on making food for a party for tonight with my friend...and the phone kept ringing...and it said "Bell Atlantic" on my ID, I thought that was the phone company, well then I answered it, and they hung up on me...I dialed the number back, they hung up again. I answered it again, and someone said they were with Domino's Pizza and they had 10 pizzas and a bunch of other stuff, and were verifying my address for it...I said "Are you serious?"....I said that's not me, you've got the wrong house. They said...ok sorry to bother you. I thought how weird that was. I went back in the kitchen...and my son comes downstairs laughing his head off...he and his friend had done that...his friend "Duckie" called me and did all that.

So, right after that the phone rang again, and it was a man saying did I have a room for the night, and I said yes...when he told me his name...it was a weird name...it sounded like a University name...so I thought ..is this another joke...most people who stay with me make advanced reservations. Anyway, he said he'd be over in awhile. Well, I go back to cooking in the kitchen, my friend says...wait until you find out that was your son's friend again.

Right then the guy is standing on my back deck, yelling "Hello!"....

Well, he turned out to be the coolest guy, he was here inspecting asbestos buildings. I told him about the whole phone thing, and that I wasn't sure he was going to be real, because he has such a weird name, well he said your not going to believe this...his wife's name is JINXS. I never heard of that ever, and they have a son who was born on Halloween.

He said he saw my house all lit up , and he said "OH wow that place is awesome", then he saw my sign and hit the brakes, and said..wow that's where I am staying.". So, he loved it. I could not believe how weird it was.

I stayed up late talking to him all night. It was so cool.

----------------------

Riptide- are you wanting ideas on how to decorate pumpkins?

I gave my friend an idea for one....since we do a pumpkin carving contest....there are white pumpkins. I told her to sit 3 on top of each other and make it in to a snowman...she's going to do that, and then suspend wires off him with little snowflakes dangling off him. I think it will be awesome.

I have seen so many cool pumpkins, you can get ideas from just about anything.

You can decorate a pumpkin with clothes, and paint and all kinds of stuff.

You could make a "80's" pumpkin, decorate it like a punk rocker, or Pac-Man or your favorite movie character.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice story ISIS.

Ripper, you can also get free carving patterns from sites like this one:

http://www.jack-o-lantern.com/

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Check out my Halloween Kitty...isn't he the cutest...after I took the picture, I noticed on the ghost pillow...a little mouse was holding a sign that says "Boo!", and that's my kitty's name.

I don't want to give him away.

-

-

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
You're crazy if you give "Boo" away.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I know...but I have 3 stray cats already, plus this new stray mother that won't let anyone touch her...and 4 kittens, and it's starting to get cold here at night, and my son is allergic to cats and has asthma...he can't be shut up with them in the house, and I can't have cat hair everywhere, when I serve food out of my home for our Bed N Breakfast...so I am in a total dilemia about everything.

I had a very nice person email me tonight about wanting 2 of them. She probably will want him, and I'll be going around saying "Boo Hoo" about Boo.

I have a busy road in front of my home too. I don't want to see anyone get squashed- I'd be devasted over that.

We had another cat show up 2 weeks ago. I named her "Willow". She's a Halloween cat too. She's got a crooked head. I took her to the vet, and he said her mom probably had Distemper when it was pregnant with her, and it gave her this problem that made her like that, it had a big long name for it, it's like a birth defect and it throws off her balance. But she's ok, and she looks so cute cause she can almost twist her head completely around in a circle.

She's trying to play with the kitties, but she also isn't quite sure what to make of them. I am keeping her, and getting her spayed in a few weeks.

I feel like Bob Barker....

"Have your pets spayed or neutered".

Isn't Willow cute too?

-

Check out our dog, Jasper, he's getting in to the Halloween spirit around here too:

-

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I found a home for 2 of my kittens. They want 2 , so they don't break the family up so bad. They want Boo...he got an eye infection today...I just had him in the house...I rinsed his eye out, and cleaned him up...he was doing lots better. The nicest couple came to look at them on Sunday...they had been cat sitting the girl's parents cats...and they had to give them back, and now they are catless, and they wrote me the nicest email last night.

I told them the kitties were too little yet to be taken from their mom. But, I am going to let them have them on Saturday.

Tomorrow I am going shopping to make them a little Halloween gift basket full of stuff for them and the kitties.

I had Willow in the house tonight...she is such a nice kitty...I had forgotten that I must have developed an allergy to cats too, because my throat got so sore and my eyes started watering ...I was playing with her, and she scratched my hand, and now my hand is swollen...I know that cats have dirty claws and can actually kill people from infections.

Our other 2 cats are really mad at us for having these new cats around.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jasper is awesome. His face looks like a bat....you need some bat ears on him for Halloween. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home