iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » I Love the 80's-3D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Love the 80's-3D
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching it the other day on VH-1. I know I haven't seen all of it...I keep catching it in pieces. Sometimes they add in stuff that is really cool, and some of the stuff I had never seen even in the 80's. They showed a clip of a guy playing football who got his leg broke live on TV...that was gross.

I liked that they do commercials...like the "Snuggle" commercial. I loved the Snuggle bear...they don't even do those any more.

Sometimes I can not stand who they get as commentators....but I noticed on this one they had better people like Lea Thompson and Paula Abdul.

See how cool the 80's is...they do TV shows about it.

I always wonder if the producers of those shows -while doing research...if they don't actually happen to come across this website. I bet they do.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those I Love the 80's shows are pretty cool on VH-1. I think I have seen them all. I also liked the Behind the Music shows they did for 80's bands.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure that would have been Joe Theismann's leg who got broke. I remember it was a Monday Night game and I was watching the game in the lounge in my college dormitory with a whole bunch of other guys. When his leg broke there was just this loud collective groan from the entire room.

The 90s must be pretty cool too since they do TV shows about it as well as the 2000s.

Those Behind the Music shows were always good. Even the ones that featured a group I didn't like.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see some new Behind the Musics. The last ones I watched were on Ratt and Pantera, and those were in 2006.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They definitely need to do more.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I really liked those too. The one with Motley Crue was my fave one along with the Blind Melon one and Depeche Mode and the Pantera one. I wonder if many of them have been released to DVD? I could have sworn I saw the Motley Crue one in a music store about a year ago. I wished I'd bought it now.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd never thought about them being released on DVD. I always wanted a Warrant one but they never made one. My favorite was The Day the Music Died, about Ritchie Valens, the Big Bopper and Buddy Holly. I would buy it if I could find one.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
That was good petty. The Poison one was great too as well as Milli Vanilli(believe it or not).
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Bob Ross? I loved him. I found this clip, and just realized that if he had a different hair style he'd look like my Dad's twin brother. I love his style of painting...that's pretty much exactly how I paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_aykazg4lQ

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like someone else said, even when BEHIND THE MUSIC was about a band I didnt care for it was still entertaining!

The last one I saw was PANTERA...and I cryed!

My favorites were LEIF GARRET and MILLI VANILLI. I can watch those over and over again. (There was an episode of FAMILY GUY where the dog Brian said he can watch the LEIF GARRET one and recite it line-for-line. Hahaha! I'm pretty sure I could too!)

I remember I did a review on IMDB for BEHIND THE MUSIC (its still up - I checked)after they did a BRITNEY SPEARS episode, complaining that BRITNEY SPEARS had no scandal...wow!...the times they are a'changin', huh? They should totally update hers!

The lamest one I saw was BON JOVI. Apparently BON JOVI had total say in what the show said about them and therefore- no scandal! Well, what fun is THAT?! It was all just "Gee BON JOVI are a swell bunch of guys!" BORING!

I love love love those I LOVE THE 70s and I LOVE THE 80s specials. I have most of them taped off TV on VHS. If VH1 sold them in DVD box sets I would buy them.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the entire set of these DVDs. Bought it on ebay a while back.

I really wish they would bring back the show "Bands Reunited"! That show was awesome...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Remember Bob Ross?

I would watch Bob Ross paint and almost go into a trance at times. I probably saw almost every painting he did on TV. It fascinated me as a kid how anyone could paint like that. He was quite funny as well...."happy little tree". [Big Grin] He really loved trees. He could never put enough of them in his paintings.
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like watching the I Love the '80s specials too (and the '70s and '90s ones as well). My only complaint is that I wish they weren't quite so brisk. It seems like they mention a song or a movie or a toy, make a couple jokes and quickly move on to the next thing. I wish they'd devote a couple minutes to each instead of like 20 seconds. And it's weird that they've never done the '60s. I guess their normal crew of commentators is too young to wax comedic about the '60s, but there's plenty of others that could. They've done the '80s three times, the '70s twice, and even the current decade which isn't even over yet.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah the Pantera one was pretty sad especially when Dime's dad broke down......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Remember seeing Samantha Fox on one of these?? I remember that I would never have even recognized her...I can't find any current pictures of her anywhere...she use to be really pretty...but when I saw her on VH-1, she had aged really badly.

She kind of reminds me of Pia Zadora...anyone remember her?

[ 16. September 2008, 20:05: Message edited by: ISIS ]

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said the same thing about Samantha Fox and everyone was like "ROW! You are so catty!"

REMEMBER Pia Zadora? She went to the same Catholic grammar school as me! (But not at the same time - she's older than me)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I don't know what Pia Zadora looks like now either...I wonder how she is aging....Mamamia does/did she live in your area?

Both of them did some risque "modelling".

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Hmmmm...her IMDB page says she was born in Hoboken, New Jersey...but I remember when iw as in grade school at OUR LADY QUEEN OF MARTYRS in Forest Hills she did an inteview for the pull-out magazine from the Sunday paper and a bunch of kids in my class brought it in to show everyone the part where she mentioned our school. The nuns were less than thrilled because on the COVER of the magazine Pia was dresses all "Farmer's Daughter" sprawled out in a hay loft!

I don't think she still lives there. I'm sure she moved to California like most of 'em do.

Do you remember her song When the Rain Begins To Fall with Jermaine Jackson? Cheesy yes, but I love it too!

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
I like watching the I Love the '80s specials too (and the '70s and '90s ones as well). My only complaint is that I wish they weren't quite so brisk. It seems like they mention a song or a movie or a toy, make a couple jokes and quickly move on to the next thing. I wish they'd devote a couple minutes to each instead of like 20 seconds. And it's weird that they've never done the '60s. I guess their normal crew of commentators is too young to wax comedic about the '60s, but there's plenty of others that could. They've done the '80s three times, the '70s twice, and even the current decade which isn't even over yet.

I have the whole 70s collection DVR'ed as well. I still haven't watched the whole thing... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

Originally posted by ISIS:
I Remember seeing Samantha Fox on one of these?? I remember that I would never have even recognized her...I can't find any current pictures of her anywhere...she use to be really pretty...but when I saw her on VH-1, she had aged really badly.

She kind of reminds me of Pia Zadora...anyone remember her?

She was very hot when I was a kid. I remember about a year ago I read that she is a lesbian. I said, NO WAY!!!. You know, that's kind of hot... heheee.... I know, I'm a dog. Actually I don't care if she's is or not, as long as she's happy... [Smile]
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I believe she's married to a woman...so yeah, that "rumor" ended up being true.

Isnt it funny how when woemn find out a guy they like is gay they are DEVESTATED and when a guy finds out a women he liks is gay he's totally down with that??? hahaha!

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
...hahaha. You know, you're right! [Big Grin]

Well, you only go around once so, whatever makes you happy. Just try to enjoy your like you know what I mean?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home