iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Couples with Good Chemistry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Couples with Good Chemistry
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sally Field and Burt Reynolds-Smokey and the Bandit

Richard Gere and Julia Roberts-Pretty Woman

Nicholas Cage and Bridget Fonda-It Could Happen to You

Nicholas Cage and Deborah Foreman-Valley Girl

Jamie Gertz-Jason Patric-The Lost Boys

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze-Dirty dancing

Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal- Love story

Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts-Notting Hill

Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore-Ghost

Clint Eastwood And Meryl Streep-The Bridges of Madison County.

[ 13. September 2008, 15:05: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm assuming you mean romantic chemistry...

Mickey Rourke and Kim Bassinger in 9 1/2 Weeks

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Mr. & Mrs. Smith

John Cusack and Diane Franklin in Better Off Dead

John Cusack and Ione Skye in Say Anything...

Richard Gere and Debra Winger in An Officer and a Gentleman

Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra

Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in Gone with the Wind (ironic, considering that they hated each other in real life)

Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette in True Romance

Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn in Overboard

Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher in The Empire Strikes Back

John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John in Grease

Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn in any of their on-screen collaborations

Glenn Ford and Rita Hayworth in Gilda

Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

James Dean and Natalie Wood in Rebel Without a Cause

Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Seattle

George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez in Out of Sight

Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Becall in Key Largo & The Big Sleep

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with:

John Travolta and Olivia Newton John

I never knew that Clark Gable and Viven Leigh hated each other in real life. Gone with the Wind is my all time favorite movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevin Arnold & Winnie Cooper
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cybill Shephard and Bruce Willis in Moonlighting
Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan in Neighbours
Tom Hanks and Wilson in Castaway
Mike Myers and Liz Hurley in Austin Powers

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
Tom Hanks and Wilson in Castaway

LOL. Good one Stitch.

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Kate Beckingsale and John Cusak- Serendipity
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one there ISIS.

Madsen and Sheffer - Fire with Fire
Leoni and Cage - The Family Man
Lewis and Harrelson - Natural Born Killers
Stowe and Costner - Revenge

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Cusack and what's her name from High Fidelity.

Cusack and Ione Skye also work well.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I never knew that Clark Gable and Viven Leigh hated each other in real life. Gone with the Wind is my all time favorite movie.

Yeah, Gable was really irate right off the bat that Selznick cast a Brit to play such an iconic American character. Then during filming, he found her to be whiny and difficult to work with. So he started antagonizing her. Before takes when they were supposed to kiss, he'd purposely not brush his teeth and eat liver and onion sandwiches. When she complained, he told her "you call yourself an actress - so act." She was under extraordinary pressure from all sides to perform and struggled considerably. During the first half of filming she had an ally in director George Cukor who was really kind and patient with her (all the actresses of the period loved working with Cukor), but halfway through he was fired and Victor Fleming was brought in. Fleming was a close friend of Gable's and a real "man's man" type of director (read: chauvinist jerk). So the two of them proceeded to tear into her mercilessly. She ended up having several small nervous breakdowns, suffered severe weigh loss, fainting spells, etc.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Geez....that was pretty mean. That makes me not like Clark Gable too much. It's one thing to not like a person because they are a brat...but to push a girl around like that to the point of actually effecting her health...that is really wrong.

I thought she did a fantastic acting job. I had forgotten that she was originally from England. I know she moved back there and died over there.

She did a pretty good accent. Some of the actors from today, kill any type of accent that they are suppose to do...and they do is horribly.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan - When Harry Met Sally
Michael Douglas and Annette Bening - The American President
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet - Titanic
Tom Cruise and Renee Zellweger - Jerry Maguire
Melanie Griffith and Harrison Ford - Working Girl
Cher and Nicolas Cage - Moonstruck
Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah - Roxanne
Meryl Streep and Robert Redford - Out of Africa
Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis - Witness
William Hurt and Kathleen Turner - Body Heat
Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal - What's Up Doc?

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith yesterday. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie had great chemistry. I wonder why? 😉. I never thought he and Jennifer Aniston were a good match. Oh well, now he and Jolie are divorced.

I think Meryl Streep and Robert DeNiro had great chemistry in The Deer Hunter. I’ll try to think on some more great couplings.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn both in Foul Play and Seems Like Old Times
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barbara hershey and that ghost in the Entity.

I haven't seen mr and mrs smith or Deer Hunter but i have seen the Chase and Hawn films and they have excellent chemistry. Good call.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Barbara hershey and that ghost in the Entity.

LOL, you nutter [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus Ralph Macchio and Elisabeth Shue in the original Karate Kid; you do genuinely feel like they make a good couple together.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home