iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » "Dorky" Songs We Love! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Dorky" Songs We Love!
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never really got the Wayne Newton thing myself. The man is filthy rich from singin in Vegas. If I was in Vegas and got free tickets....I don't think I could force myself to go. No offense, of course, to those who love him......Wayne Newton lovers!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont love Wayne Newton either. The very thought of him cracks me up but the only song I know is Danke Schoen (which i probably spelled wrong). I much rather see Engelbert Humperdink :" So I sing you to sleep afteeeeeeeer the loving!" or "Pleeease release me, let me goooooo!" Hahaha

the other day i walked into the room and my husband was watching a TOM JONES concert on TV! I don't know what it is about TOM JONES, everybody (myself included ) loves him. My daughter is in 5th grade and the boy who lives across the street from us who is in her class sings "What's New, Pussycat?" The other day a girl in her class called her and when she answered the phone the girl said "What's new, Pussycat?" so its like a running joke with them. I'm like "How do they even KNOW that song?"
Now truthfully Whats New Pussycat is far from my fave by him...I like Leave Your Hat On, She's A Lady and It's Not Unusual.
I would love to see TOM JONES play live!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard that D!CK AND DEE song before, ISIS. Here are the ones that can jerk my tears:

1. ABBA- Slipping Through My Fingers
2. LE ANN WOMACK: I Hope You Dance
3. BOB CARLSILE: Butterfly Kisses
4. THE LETTERMAN: You'll Never Walk Alone
5. TERRY JACKS: Seasons In The Sun
6. TERRY JACKS: If You Go Away

[ 16. September 2008, 09:25: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love "She's a Lady" by Tom Jones.

Here's another tear jerker that my mom use to play when I was a kid....there's no way this song would be played today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLbbVuk7kwI

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Wow! Poor Patches!!!! That one reminded me of Ode To Billy Joe!
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like a lot of the stuff you guys have listed. Everyone like at least one disco song. EVERYONE!!! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I love DISCO! It would be hard to list just ONE DISCO song I love but I'll Go With I Will Surive By Gloria Gaynor. EVERYBODY pretty much likes that song!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like KC & The Sunshine Band
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE KC & the Sunshine Band.

I love any song..with Boogie in the title..

Boogie Oogie Oogie

I'm Your Boogie Man

Boogie Nights

Boogie Fever

Boogie Wonderland

There were a ton of Boogies running around in the 70's...

You never heard that word any more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear the word boogie all the time...my son is two years old!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best Boogie song I feel is

KC & The Sunshine Band--Boogie Shoes

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Kevdugp73-You should write a new song about it...

Call it...

"Boogie all the Time"

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You'?

That song has been a guilty pleasure of mine, ever since I watched The Deer Hunter. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I saw KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND last summer (ticket special - I got em for about $14 a piece...and SISTER SLEDGE and TAVARES were at the show too! Sweeeet!) It was so much fun! Now theres a real Get Up And Dance show! The people sitting behind us probably hated us! We danced to every number!

You know whose really good but under-rated? CHIC! A lot of people say "CHIC...oh they sang Le Freak" but really - they have so many good songs -

Good Times
Dance Dance Dance (Yowza Yowza Yowza)
Everybody Dance
I Want Your Love

[ 17. September 2008, 05:54: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love the song Good Times

There's alot of 70's funk stuff that I like...like:

Send Me Forget Me Nots

Kung Fu Fighting

The YMCA

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i LOVE tavares. to me, their version of MORE THAN A WOMAN was better than the beegees. but i really like the beegees a lot.

i love the song PLEASE DON'T GO by kc & the sunshine band. it's a cheesy song but i can't help it.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I love DISCO! It would be hard to list just ONE DISCO song I love but I'll Go With I Will Surive By Gloria Gaynor. EVERYBODY pretty much likes that song!

Great one.Here is another one Donna SummerI had a few of her tapes back in the days.

BTW,wonder if there are any Italian rewind member around here?This Italian group sure brings back many good memories [Wink] Scotch disco band

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Andrea True Connection--More, More, More
Silver Convention--Fly Robin Fly & Get Up and Boogie(That's Right)

CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gleaming Spires-"All Night Party"
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home