iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Top 10 funniest movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 10 funniest movies
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Entertainment Weekly's poll...

1. Ghostbusters
2. National Lampoon's Vacation
3. Beverly Hills Cop
4. This Is Spinal Tap
5. Office Space
6. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
7. There's Something About Mary
8. The Big Lebowski
9. A Fish Called Wanda
10. Dazed & Confused

Here's my list...

1.Office Space
2.Beverly Hills Cop
3.Ghostbusters
4.Mr Mom
5.Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
6.Groundhog Day
7.Multiplicity
8.Airplane!
9.Hollywood Shuffle
10.Chasing Amy

[ 11. September 2008, 04:30: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no particular order heres some of my favorites:

THIS IS SPINAL TAP
AUSTIN POWERS
ANIMAL HOUSE
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
EASY MONEY
FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
16 CANDLES
SLEEPAWAY CAMP (a horror movie,but hilarious!)
EDDIE MURPHY: DELERIOUS
A CHRISTMAS STORY

[ 11. September 2008, 09:49: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my favorite funny movies:

Stir Crazy
The Toy
Arthur
Raising Arizona
Meatballs
Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation
The Jerk
D.C. Cab
Liscense to Drive
Sixteen Candles

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I think these are mine:

The 'Burbs
My Fellow Americans
Grumpy Old Men
Grumpier Old Men
National Lampoon's Vacation
Witless Protection
Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector
A Christmas Story
License to Drive
Kingdom Come

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLYS list I have to say that I have seen all the movies they listed and dont find some of them funny (THE BIG LEBOWSKI, for example). Most of the ones on there that I DID find funny i don't think would hold up to repeated viewings. The reason I listed the ones I listed is I can watch them over and over again and still laugh.

I'm surprised to see a few titles listed by you guys that I haven't seen yet - will have to check them out.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Airplane!
Caddychack
Shaun of the Dead
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Animal House
Dazed & Confused
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein
Dr Strangelove:Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The Jerk

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam, your list is way better than EW. Actually everyone's list is better...how was the EW list derived?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no order:

Revenge Of The Nerds
American Pie
Dumb And Dumber
Superbad
My Cousin Vinny
Caddyshack
The Hollywood Knights
Dazed & Confused
Road Trip
Bachelor Party

There are so many more, but I'll reluctantly stop at 10.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lot`s of good ones.I have a hard time making a top 10 list,there are just to many.However strange no one mentioned police academy 1

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas is great,and shows what a character actor Johnny depp really is.IMO,maybe some of his best work.

American Pie is also on my list.Oh there are just so many..

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Airplane and Bachelor Party too...

is that list just 80's stuff...if not....

I want to add "What about Bob"-I love that movie.

[ 13. September 2008, 14:43: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of you have placed Dazed and Confused on your top ten. I love Dazed and Confused, but I never really thought it was that funny. Maybe I'll check it out again and see what I missed.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to put Major League on my list. I guess it will have to be an alternate.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flying High (Airplane!)
Noises Off
Office Space
There's Something about Mary
The Castle (an Aussie movie with Eric Bana, do yourselves a favour and check it out)
Three Amigos!
Dumb and Dumber
Jay and Silent Bob strike back
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Happy Gilmore

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
The Castle (an Aussie movie with Eric Bana, do yourselves a favour and check it out)

I love The Castle! "The real estate agent said 'location location location' and we were right next to the airport! "
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Anybody see Nuns on the Run? That movie is freakin' hilarious. In fact, it's on cable today and I will record it. Check it out if you never saw it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100280/

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm shocked at how close to the mark Entertainment Weekly is on this one. All 10 of the films are favorites of mine. It's obviously biased toward modern comedies or else you'd see stuff like Duck Soup and The Graduate on there, but at least there aren't 8 completely absurd titles that have no business being within a mile of the list (like usual with these things). My personal Top 10 would be (in no particular order):

National Lampoon's Vacation
Real Genius
Office Space
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Airplane!
Beverly Hills Cop
American Graffiti
Caddyshack
Spies Like Us

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slapshot
Houseguest
Planes, trains and automobiles
Groundhog Day
Clerks
Austin Powers:The spy who shagged me
Bachelor Party
The Mask
Dirty Work
Animal House

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are my top ten funniest movies:

1) Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
2) Mallrats (1995)
3) Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)
4) Ladybugs (1992)
5) National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)
6) DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story (2004)
7) Better Off Dead (1985)
8) Shaun Of The Dead (2004)
9) Scary Movie (2000)
10) Me, Myself and Irene (2000)

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't name just 10. To be fair, here are the 20 movies that made me laugh the hardest.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
This is Spinal Tap
Best in Show
Kentucky Fried Movie
Airplane
Borat
Slapshot
Blazing Saddles
Monty Python's Life of Brian
A Fish Called Wanda
A Night at the Opera
Duck Soup
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Young Frankenstein
The Producers (1968)
Dr. Strangelove
Love and Death
Bridesmaids
Tootsie
A Christmas Story

[ 08. May 2016, 10:14: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home