iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Famous 80s people you've met

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Famous 80s people you've met
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inspired by the two Coreys thread: who've you met from the 80s and did they live up to your expectations? to get the ball rolling: I’ve met Michael Pare (nice guy, no real expectations to live up to) Rutger Hauer (Absolute LEGEND, very cool bloke).
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Jordan (nice guy).
Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, and Tommy Lee (cool as hell).

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met:

Cindy Morgan (Lacey Underall from Caddyshack)

Meredith Salenger

Corey Haim

Corey Feldman

But, I have met more 70's people...and most of you know I am good friends in real life with Joanna Cameron who played the real Isis...so that has been really cool.

I also know Brian Cutler who played Rick Mason on Isis...he and I have talked in emails quite a bit.

Other people who have emailed me are:

Deborah Foreman

Ben Stein

and

Ben Jones-Cooter from The Dukes of Hazzard

I have met:

Lindsay Wagner

Kathy Coleman (Holly from Land of the Lost)

Lou Ferrigno

Mick Foley

Adam West

Lee Merriweather

Julie Newmar

I met Donna Dolenz-who is Ami Dolenz's step mother, and Mickey's wife, and I met Ami Dolenz too.

I also know Adrienne King from Friday the 13th, and she and I email each other alot....and I have gotten to know her really well.
She is a super nice person, and very down to Earth, she's an artist...she just filmed a new movie.

I have a friend who is a celebrity photographer, and he has met many people on my behalf...and got me autographs and has them talking to me on tape....some of them are:

Eric Estrada

Sam Jones-Flash Gordon

Melody Anderson-Flash Gordon

William Katt-The Greatest American Hero

Greg Evigan-BJ and the Bear

Patty McCormack-The Bad Seed

Michael Beihn-The Terminator

Paul Michael Glaser-Starsky and Hutch

E.G. Daily-Valley Girl

Betsy Palmer-Friday the 13th

My good friend is a stand up comic, and he books everyone on the Letterman show who comes on as a comedian, and he warms up the audience.

I went to New York before with him...and I talked to Colin Quinn on the phone. I met John Mendosa, and Emo Phillips .

I use to be the travel agent for Lew Schneider -he is the executive producer of Everybody Loves Raymond, and I also was the travel agent for Jeff Garlin- he was just in Daddy Day Care with Eddie Murphy and he was in the new "Fun with D1ck and Jane, with Jim Carey.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Kiefer lead singer of Cinderella seemed nice and pretty cool guy

Taime Downe lead singer of Faster Pussycat seemed like an idiot

Virgil Hill silver medalist at the LA olympics and multi time world champion

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My list really pales in comparison to Isis and others. I really need to get to some of these fan fests, I like totally haven't met enough celebs.

Janine Turner-Northern Exposure-nice, prettier in person if that's possible.

Martin Fry-singer of ABC, nice, charming bloke.

Guy Lafleur-hockey legend-a true gentleman.

Joey ****head-singer of can-punk legends D.O.A.-really great guy, gave me some freebie merch.

Jerry Only-bass player of Misfits-swell guy, signed autograph and posed for picture.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam-You forgot your run in with Jeffery Dahmer...
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh...I forgot when I was a kid...I met Miss Patty from Romper Room. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Sam-You forgot your run in with Jeffery Dahmer...

that isn't 100% confirmed that it was him but my opinion is that it was probably him. Besides he was from the 90s.

Can't believe you actually remembered that.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
He was still alive in the 80's.....and who knows what he was up to then....

I remember everything...don't you know that by now....

I know that Luke and Leia's birthday is coming up...because it is my birthday....even though I know they are no longer with us...I know anyone who shares my birthday must be cool. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Yes Luke and Leia would be 9 on September 9th if they hadn't both contacted kidney failure.

Miikka and Teemu will turn 1 in October

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I interned for Universal and met a lot of people there. I also worked for Tower Video on Sunset and met famous people practically daily there. The nicest '80s star I met was probably Jason Gedrick. He was very down to earth and friendly. The weirdest encounter I had was when I found Johnny Depp passed out behind my car at Tower. I thought he was a homeless guy at first and when I rolled him over I realized who he was. Me and another guy at the store ended up having to carry him back over to the Viper Room.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id love to find Johnny Depp passed out behind my car. VIPER ROOM, my ***! Thats goin' home with me!

Joey and Marky Ramone - very nice

METALLICA - half and half , meaning 2 of them were jerky, two were nice

DUFF MCKAGAN from GUNS N ROSES - pleasant enough

MICHAEL MONROE from HANOI ROCKS - didnt go to talk to him but spotted him in The Village

OZZY OSBOURNE - seemed nice

NIKKI SIXX - saw him on plane, said nothing

DEF LEPPARD - very very nice

Singer from SICK OF IT ALL - I'm not a big fan of theirs but a friend asked me to go to the show with him and introduced me to the singer who seemed nice

Jeff Conaway from GREASE and TAXI : saw him in airport and couldnt bring myself to say anything cuz he's a mess

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At college Manute Bol gave a lecture on the Lost Boys of Sudan. I had a picture taken with him afterwards (after complimenting him on the Saturday Night Live sketch where he was on every cruise ship in the line), and my head only came to his waist. Although not a big star, I had even more satisfaction when Elaine Bromka from Uncle Buck stopped by the TV/Film department to lecture on acting; she said working on the picture was a thrill and that Candy was a treat to work with, as was Jean Louisa Kelly.

About 4 years ago we took a trip to L.A. and saw Jack Nicholson at LAX, standing around waiting for a cab and with a big smile on his face (two weeks later the Lakers choked up in the Finals, so likely he was not smiling by the time we went back east). Five days later we achieved a lifelong dream of mine and attended a Price is Right taping, and while I wasn't called down, Bob Barker did smile right at me during the second break, so that more than made up for it.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see...

I've met...

Back in the 80s in New Jersey...

The lead guitar and bass guitarist from White Snake and two members of Cinderella at a TGI Fridays. They were with two very drunk (so were they) hot chicks. I had half a beer with them, drunk and had to pee BADLY! They hung out for a while and split. I kept telling my friends; those are the guys from these bands, they dared me to go over and shake their hands... They bought me a beer. Pretty cool...

I met Mr. Roper (Norman Fell) from Three's Company at the same TGI Fridays. He was pretty cool. He had a very BIG Samoan bodyguard that promptly stopped me as I approached him. Norman said, hey; let him come over. I shook his hand and chatted, he was really cool...

I met the governor of NJ there too. His bodyguard was a butthole. He grabbed me and I put him into a wrist lock and put him on the ground, then, his buddy grabbed me and put me into a choke hold hehehehe... The Gov stepped in and I told him I voted for him and just wanted to say hello. He was nice... It's hard to breath in a choke hole... [Smile]

I met a bunch of basketball stars (I didn't know who they were)... At TGI's

I got on board of Meatloaf's tour bus in Asbury Park NJ, during a show he was doing at the Stone Pony... Ah the good old days... Anyway, I came out of the bus and there he was standing there looking at me. I was drunk at the time, he said, HEY!!! what are you doing on my bus? I said, I was looking for you... He smiled, shook my hand and gave me an autograph. My friend Tracy (a guy) from high school who I hadn't seen for a couple of years was standing there. Meatloaf said, I need something to sign an autograph on, and, Tracy pulled out a dollar bill. He ripped it in half and signed both halves and handed them to us. I was very drunk at the time and forgot all about it. Years later I came across the half dollar bill and sure enough, there was his autograph.

I used to race cars in Asbury Park NJ. Those of you who know about this know that Bruce Springsteen used to hang out down there and do shows at the Stone Pony. Well, I ran into Bruce a couple of times during shows etc... One night I was walking down the sidewalk with a friend of mine (Pappas) and he noticed that Bruce was walking along side of us. So, I said, "hey Bruce what's up man"? He said, hey man, I'm just doin' another show at the Pony, are you going? We said, no we don't have tickets and we didn't know you were playing tonight anyway. He said, I'm not with the band I'm just gonna sit in on some sets. He asked us what we were doing. We said, we're going to the go go bar across the street (I was 21 heheee). Well, we chatted and told him that we knew Patty Scialfa his backup singer (now his wife) because we had good friends at Pine Tree trailer Park. We really didn't know her that well but our buddy Todd did. Patty grew up in a trailer park in Eatontown(my home town). He said if you want to, come to the side door and hang out and watch the show. It was a hot Jersey night in the summertime... We went to the bar and had too many beers... Later we walked over to the Stone Pony and walked up to the side door. Sure enough it was open, and, there was Bruce singing on the stage. We stood there with about 50 other people in the miserable heat. We were just about to leave when he looked over at us and smiled, he grabbed some dude and (apparently)told him to let us in. We watched for a while and had a great time. I never could get to the bar! That place was ALWAYS packed...

Ahhhh the 80s... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've actually always wanted to do this so I could organize it in my mind...here goes:

Stevie Nicks (this was the END ALL BE ALL!!!)
New Kids On The Block
Mark Wahlberg
Leonardo DiCaprio
LL Cool J
Kid-N-Play
Flavor Flav
Robert Plant (walked passed me in a hotel in D.C. when I was 15 and I didn't even care...now I could smack myself!!)
Jane Wiedlin (Go Go's)
Belinda Carlisle (walked passed me on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City)
Christopher Knight (Brady Bunch)
Cynthia Gibb
Meredith Salenger
Ami Dolenz
Corey Haim
Corey Feldman
Wil Wheaton
Stacey Keanan (My Two Dads-she said hello to me in passing at a convention)
Alan Ruck (Ferris Bueller-said hello to him in passing)
Jerry Orbach (Dirty Dancing)
Cloris Leachman (Facts of Life)
Brenda K. Starr
Zelma Davis (C+C Music Factory)
Steven Tyler (walked passed me at the Boston Music Awards)
Tesla
Tori Amos
Florence Henderson
Rosie Perez
Justin Timberlake ( I know they're 90's but why not?)
Lance Bass (Ditto)

I think I'm forgetting some...

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not many international 80`s celebs who find them themselves lost around these parts for some odd reason [Roll Eyes] One did however,and i have talked to him on several occasions.Earle Hyman from the Cosby show.He have an cabin over here,and visit regularly.We pretty much look at him like one of us by now.Any other 80`s celebrity is also always welcome to stay any time [Smile]
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
I've met...
Back in the 80s in New Jersey...
The lead guitar and bass guitarist from White Snake

Was that Steve Vai, Vivian Campbell, Adrian Vandenberg or John Sykes?

I got to meet Steve Vai back in 1990. Very nice guy.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
I got on board of Meatloaf's tour bus in Asbury Park NJ, during a show he was doing at the Stone Pony... Ah the good old days... Anyway, I came out of the bus and there he was standing there looking at me. I was drunk at the time, he said, HEY!!! what are you doing on my bus? I said, I was looking for you... He smiled, shook my hand and gave me an autograph. My friend Tracy (a guy) from high school who I hadn't seen for a couple of years was standing there. Meatloaf said, I need something to sign an autograph on, and, Tracy pulled out a dollar bill. He ripped it in half and signed both halves and handed them to us. I was very drunk at the time and forgot all about it. Years later I came across the half dollar bill and sure enough, there was his autograph.

I went to school with Meatloaf's daughter, Pearl. He's a really nice guy. Absolutely ZERO star complex.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home